+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839

Thread: 8/23 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/23 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;2543441;
    Are you sure about that? How do you know for sure? Does BB replace other consumables like toothpaste, soap, makeup, etc? I always presumed they had to get by with whatever they brought into the house. I suppose I've never really thought about it much. If they don't replace other consumable items, but they did replace his cigs, then you may have a point. There is also the question of whether or not they have replaced/replenished cigs for past players. Either way, I was so looking forward to Mr. Donato turning into Mr. Jones.
    Yep, I'm sure. There are videos of the entire event on YouTube actually. And the aftermath of it where they all sit around and bash Jen for hours while she sleeps. Also I am not sure about other consumables but I don't think in the past BB has replaced cigs unless they're in your HoH basket. I remember when Kent and Nakomis both ran out of cigarettes and had to stop smoking. They provided the patch I think but not more cigarettes.

I'm probably lying... spinozasright's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Jen Fan;2543439;
    Big Brother replaced all of Dick's ruined cigarettes. They told her she could destroy them, she did, then she gets in trouble and they replace them all for Dick. His new cigarettes were put into the storage room where he found them like 20 or so minutes after she destroyed them. Plus Dick got to keep all her clothing because hiding is allowed but destroying isn't. I don't really consider locking all her belongings in the HoH so she can't get them "hiding" but Dick is allowed to do whatever he wants in that house.
    How do you know all this? None of this stuff was in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by spinozasright;2543464;
    How do you know all this? None of this stuff was in the show.
    There are videos of the whole thing online. I think it's important stuff to know as it was conveniently left out of the show tonight to make Dick look like the victim when everyone was already ignoring Jen and giving her a hard time prior to her doing this. I think it's interesting and shows that CBS totally favors D/D & Eric and want to make Jen look as bad as possible.

I feel bad because I think her eating was also partly to save herself since she knew the rule book off by heart and knew she'd get a penalty nomination next week if she stayed. She told the other house guests something like "if for some reason I stay this week, I have an automatic nomination next week and can't save myself. Isn't that funny?" This was before the DR confirmed to both her and Zach that she would have an automatic nomination. And she would have stayed if BB didn't change the rules after they realized Jameka would be going home instead.
    Last edited by #1 Jen Fan; 08-24-2007 at 05:22 AM.

FORT Regular

Jen's eating and acting out was nothing more than a last ditch attempt at camera time, plain and simple. Hopefully the veggie burgers and fruit gave her some much needed waist and ab definition; otherwise she is a walking tree trunk. Have you ever seen a small child that doesn't get attention? That child will whip itself into a frenzy until someone notices. Sound familiar?

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;2543374;
    In most states Jen would have been guilty of criminal assault the minute she layed her hands on Dick without his consent.
    Just as Dick was guilty of simple battery when he poured iced tea on Jen. I enjoy Dick for entertainment purposes but as a man he fails. The way he treats the women in the house is disgusting, especially for a father with a daughter. If only there was another "Dick-like" personality in the house who treated Daniele the way Dick has treated Jen/Amber/Jameka/Kail/Carol(/Dustin?). Would Dick stand for it? No. Then why does he do it to someone else's daughters?

Jen held it in longer than probably most of us could. For that I give her credit. But that's about all I give her credit for, otherwise I'm no fan of Jen.

Glad Jen is gone and looking forward to seeing what happens on Sunday for nominations - I dont see anything earth shattering taking place, probably targeting Jam, Wamber and/or Zach.......Jess and Eric are smart enough to know to keep ED and Dani happy if they want to get to the final 4......

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Jen Fan;2543468;
    And she would have stayed if BB didn't change the rules after they realized Jameka would be going home instead.
    Alison Grodner said that they changed the rule because this is the first time in BB history that someone has broken the rules while on the block and they want to give the penalty in the same week the rule is broken.

Without the penalty vote, Jen still would have gone home, 5 to 0. Though Dick may be...well, a dick, but apparently some people in the house can still tolerate his company - he does appear to be reasonably bright, informed and personable when he's not rampaging. With the apparent exception of Kail (a world-class intellectual if ever there was one ), no one has ever been able to tolerate Jen for any length of time. And really, who does want to spend that much time with someone whose sole interest in life is their personal appearance.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I find it oddly amusing that we all watched the same show and saw such different things.
    Jen is a saint. Jen is a b!tch.
    Dick is Evil. Dick has game.
    Eric is a puppet. Eric is the puppetmaster.
    Yay Dani & Nick! Dani is a slut and yay that her boyfriend wasn't in NY.
    ...etc.

I believe it is mostly in the editing. Not entirely the CBS edits, perhaps our minds edit what we see.

Who is my favorite at this point?
    The first one to pull the plug on this season...it is a mess.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2543625;
    Alison Grodner said that they changed the rule because this is the first time in BB history that someone has broken the rules while on the block and they want to give the penalty in the same week the rule is broken.

Without the penalty vote, Jen still would have gone home, 5 to 0. Though Dick may be...well, a dick, but apparently some people in the house can still tolerate his company - he does appear to be reasonably bright, informed and personable when he's not rampaging. With the apparent exception of Kail (a world-class intellectual if ever there was one ), no one has ever been able to tolerate Jen for any length of time. And really, who does want to spend that much time with someone whose sole interest in life is their personal appearance.
    Somehow I think this discussion is all illegal here since it's based on stuff we know from the feeds, and definitely don't know from the show, but as long as it's already out there... The reason people think Jen would have stayed if they'd left the rule book punishment in place is that it would have been easy to "get" Jen the next week, with no HOH or Veto possibility--while Jameka would have been at least able to play for the Veto. So strategically better to dump Jameka first. A number of people on the feeds feel it was unfair to change the rules on Jen--she was shown reading the rule book for a long time before she ate, as if she was trying to decide how she could make herself more desirable to keep than Jameka. Jameka has actually profitted in a way from not being able to try for HOH--she's seen as a total non-threat so no one even considers voting her out--it's always "next week"--so many feed watchers think that Jen was trying to get herself into that position as well and even more so (no veto powers either) by eating, not that she was dissing the game. Rather that she was gaming the game, so to speak.

FORT Regular

Okay, I'll comment on this even though I don't think anyone will read it because it's been talked to death and that show is past.

Dick has been on Jen's case since the beginning. He called her names, screamed at her, and said nasty things whenever he passed by her, and he poured tea on her head. He's repeatedly told her to shut up and go home, as if he's king of deciding who speaks and who stays. Then when Jen finally lost it, he said "she's provoking people to a physical confrontation." I guess he would know that since that's been his game plan all along.

Should Jen have destroyed his cigarettes. Probably not, but no harm done since BB replaced them. Dick on the other hand retaliated by going through EVERYONE's stuff and then hiding Jen's things.

Jen is sitting out on the patio minding her own business, when Dick came up and confronted her and blew smoke at her.

Now I know there are some people who say she should have walked away, but why? She was there first. Does that mean that Dick can chase her all around the house? It would be different if Jen approached him, but she didn't. He went after her.

And why shouldn't she be allowed to sit outside without having someone blow smoke at her. Now non-smokers should stay inside all the time? They can't relax over by the hot tub, on the patio? They have to hide in the house all the time to avoid Dick's addiction.

And since it is Dick's addiction, shouldn't Dick keep his addiction to himself. It's his problem not Jens. If you need a cigarette, go in a corner where you're not around anyone.

Dick has poisoned the house with his verbal abuse and his cigarettes, yet BB hasn't called him out on it.

Is Jen perfect? No. But then no one else is either. Everyone lies, it's the game. But for some reason everyone acted as if Jen was worse.

I would love to see BB come to their senses and boot Dick out. He's so toxic it's a wonder that everything hasn't died in his breathing space. No wonder Dani hasn't spoken to him in two years.

+ Reply to Thread