+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone know if anyone still in the house lives near one of the flooded areas?

FORT Fanatic

Does anyone know if anyone still in the house lives near one of the flooded areas?

I'm pretty sure Dick & Dani don't but I thought Jessica lives in Kansas, right? There's been awful flooding in many midwestern states, I live right in one area that got rain- we needed it we are still about 6 inches short for the year-but some areas including Illinois and Texas had flooding really bad. Saw on CNN somewhere, it escapes me where, but they showed the high school football field and the water was up almost to the top of the goal post.

I doubt if BB would tell anyone even if they were affected, seems to me the only time they would say anything is if someone close was either really sick or died.Anyone know anything that relates to this?

Re: Does anyone know if anyone still in the house lives near one of the flooded areas

Daniele, Dick, Jen and Zach are all from CA; Jameka is from MD; Jessica is from KS; Eric is from NY; and Amber is from NV. Dustin, who's in sequester, is from IL (Chicago).

I'm pretty sure that in one of the earlier seasons (season 2?), they told the houseguests about Sept. 11th because one of them (Monica?) had a cousin that was missing. That's the only instance I can remember (please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong) that they informed the houseguests of something that had happened outside the house. Although I think once they did a current events type quiz as one of the contests (HOH or POV) -- where they'd make a statement and the houseguests had to guess True or False, but they (the powers that be) then didn't elaborate with any details.

FORT Fogey

Re: Does anyone know if anyone still in the house lives near one of the flooded areas

I don't believe they told the HG about Hurricanes Katrina and Rita eventhough I thought one of them was from LA or nearby? So my guess is they wouldn't mention the floods.

Lets Do This Like Judas erbear04's Avatar

yeah... if Nick didn't find anything out about the bridge collapse earlier in the season they probably wouldn't say anything. Though I guess they maybe would've told him if they knew of a close friend or family member living in the metro.

Jessica lives in Haysville, where it is bone-dry.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Would you like an egg? stolenxSOLACE's Avatar

Yeah, they usually don't inform them of such things unless it's absolutely necessary (usually family-related).

I hadn't heard much about other states, but I know my area (Chicago-ish) got hit pretty hard. The DuPage River which runs through my town is pretty much up to its banks, hopefully we won't get any rain. Oh, and you need to wear rainboots in our basement. =(
    BB8 = love.

Are you inspiRED?
    Click here.

+ Reply to Thread