+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: 8/19 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Re: 8/19 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2535312;
    Jambereka was the perfect pair to put up

i don't/didn't believe that nonsense about backdooring Jen

i do however believe that Jen should go up *if* the nominations aren't kept the same

i wanna see Amber gone 1st...she is annoying as hell (1 notch above Jameka)

i would like to see how Jameka gets along in the house w/ Amber gone... (probably praying for strength daily )

Amber should go see Dustin ASAP.

man, Amber is dumber than a bag of rocks

props to the editors tonite

Couldn't agree more.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2535676;
    What does editing mean? Can you define insights for me? Lawdy me but Miss Amber seems to be lost in a fifth grade reader.
    Editing - I just found it funny in this episode, the way they juxtaposed scenes, with the background music, it was just amusing. Sorry if that's too vague.

Insights - Perhaps I should have said "observations". I dunno, I just think he's funny, the way he expresses things.

Amber - That was my point. But perhaps you were agreeing on that one.

Sometimes the show seems laboriously contrived. Last night it just tickled me. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2535883;
    Editing - I just found it funny in this episode, the way they juxtaposed scenes, with the background music, it was just amusing. Sorry if that's too vague.

Insights - Perhaps I should have said "observations". I dunno, I just think he's funny, the way he expresses things.

Amber - That was my point. But perhaps you were agreeing on that one.

Sometimes the show seems laboriously contrived. Last night it just tickled me. That's all.
    Ummmm,hmmm, I was um being facetious,oops

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2535906;
    Ummmm,hmmm, I was um being facetious,oops
    Oh okay, I am a bit slow sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by waitforbigbro;2535667;
    By the way, I meant to ask why everyone is talking like POV has already been played? It's not televised until Tuesday, is it?
    Okay, a one-minute soapbox....

The reason people are talking that way is because the POV has become too much of a factor in this game, and it's been that way for going on the 4th year.

I don't blame BB. For two seasons, the POV was a non-factor because it was hardly ever used. In Season 5, the number of POV competitors was limited to increase the likelihood of its use. It worked....too well ! To the point that the backdoor technique is the only eviction tactic that works anymore.

To BB's credit, they have tweaked the thing just about all they can. After Season 5, they no longer allowed the HOH and noms to hand-pick the other 3 participants, thus possibly decreasing the number who have any real interest in the outcome, and to prevent the boredom of an annual replay of Nakomis' famous Six-Finger Plan.

I don't know what they could do to balance the scale, other than copying something like Survivor's immunity challenge.

Ideas, anyone ?
    "Better to burn out than just fade away...." - Neil Young

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;2535589;
    I really feel sorry for Amber. We don't know what she's gone through in life. To be so emotional I think she's had it pretty rough. Who are we to judge her? I'd hate to be on camera 24/7 with some of the clangers I can come out with and I have a Master's degree...
    I do not feel a bit sorry for an "uneducated" poor Amber.

She has a vocabulary of a first grader bur somehow she is quite educated about jews and "their noses".:

I'm probably lying... spinozasright's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1;2536616;
    I do not feel a bit sorry for an "uneducated" poor Amber.

She has a vocabulary of a first grader bur somehow she is quite educated about jews and "their noses".:
    Yeah, I really have to agree with you Justa. She's aware that she's ignorant and rather than do something about it (buy a dictionary?) just asks whoever she's talking to what a high school vocabulary means. It's another ploy for sympathy, as is her weepiness and "poor" talk. (poor me....)

At her age, ignorance is a choice, not a personal trait. Of course it's her fault, it's not as if she didn't go to high school and never had an opportunity to actually learn or listen to kids who did their schoolwork.

Jeez, get a library card and just read romance novels, but READ for God's sake! (any of the real gods, not Jambereka's :-)

She's a wonderful example of the "leisure" class in every way...right down to the 1994 "tramp stamp." Yeesh!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by edgeover17;2536566;
    Okay, a one-minute soapbox....

The reason people are talking that way is because the POV has become too much of a factor in this game, and it's been that way for going on the 4th year.

I don't blame BB. For two seasons, the POV was a non-factor because it was hardly ever used. In Season 5, the number of POV competitors was limited to increase the likelihood of its use. It worked....too well ! To the point that the backdoor technique is the only eviction tactic that works anymore.

To BB's credit, they have tweaked the thing just about all they can. After Season 5, they no longer allowed the HOH and noms to hand-pick the other 3 participants, thus possibly decreasing the number who have any real interest in the outcome, and to prevent the boredom of an annual replay of Nakomis' famous Six-Finger Plan.

I don't know what they could do to balance the scale, other than copying something like Survivor's immunity challenge.

Ideas, anyone ?
    I understand and agree with what you are saying. My point was to just hint at (not calling anyone out, I'm not DICK!) people were phrasing things like they peeked at the live feeds thread and already knew the POV results and were using that in their point-making. I just thought no live feed info was suppose to be in the show thread, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by spinozasright;2536776;
    At her age, ignorance is a choice, not a personal trait. Of course it's her fault, it's not as if she didn't go to high school and never had an opportunity to actually learn or listen to kids who did their schoolwork.

Jeez, get a library card and just read romance novels, but READ for God's sake! (any of the real gods, not Jambereka's :-)

She's a wonderful example of the "leisure" class in every way...right down to the 1994 "tramp stamp." Yeesh!
    Completely agree. My highschool learnin' stopped at grade nine and my dad is a narrowminded believer in the idea of lesser peoples, but with the judicious use of my brain and a library card, I now understand the words querulous, quotidian, quintessential and query (not not mention judicious and some other words not beginning with the letter Q). There really is no excuse for going through life completely uninformed, and even less of an excuse for being a bigot. Amber has no one but herself to blame for clinging so tenaciously to her stupidity and ignorance.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread