+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041

Thread: 8/12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by edgeover17;2524701;
    About Dick - The fact that he says them to people's faces does not make him a better person for saying such cruel, personal and malicious things. I have not heard anything said behind anyone's back that's anywhere near as bad as Dick's mean-spirited rants.
    My thoughts exactly. The last time I check most people talk crap about someone else behind their backs. Now all of us are high and holy like Jam and Amber.

Next time I go out on the street and meet friends, co-wrokers and strangers I'm going to make sure to tell them how fat, ugly, mess of a parent, queer-HIV-spreading they are be. Hey, it's better than talking crap behind their backs after all right!?

I'm probably lying... spinozasright's Avatar

Interesting to note, in the midst of our discussion, that Dick (by a huge margin), Daniele and Jen are the most popular players at CBS' Big Brother site. They're at 33.1%, 14.4%, and 13.8% respectively. Next closest is Eric at 13.3% with the rest of the nerd herd in single digits. Amber, of course, is the lowest of all, just 1/3 of even Zach's 1.5%.

Not hard to see where the AP votes are coming from.

to me it is not so much that Dick says things to their face, and others behind their back -

#1 - up to a point, it is more entertainment than the rest of the boring house has provided. (yes sometimes past the point of entertainment)

#2 - he knows he is like that and freely admits it. Self righteousness really gets under my skin. People who think they are better than others, but are really just down there in the gutter with the rest of us irk the heck out of me.
    The NH and their 'we are the good guys' just doesn't sit well with me.

I prefer Dick because he is honest with himself, and honest with us.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeover17;2524701;
    Lots of long posts here, so I'm gonna try to make mine short and to the point. I have two things to say :

About Eric - Are any of the viewers possibly waking up to the idea that the reason we don't always see what we'd like to see on the show is because what we'd like to see might just not be the best game strategy ?

About Dick - The fact that he says them to people's faces does not make him a better person for saying such cruel, personal and malicious things. I have not heard anything said behind anyone's back that's anywhere near as bad as Dick's mean-spirited rants.

That's all I have to say about that.
    Agree on all points. I know it’s a “reality” show & Dick is playing his part but I think he’s playing it a little too well. I think the way he invades the ladies personal space by getting up close & yelling/venting is scary and leaning towards abusive. If any of those ladies come out & say that they were not truly scared of him at times, they’d be lying. In the real world he’s a restraining order waiting to happen. There’s no way they would put up with some guy getting that close while yelling obscenities in their face.

I can’t believe that he is as popular as people are saying he is. I don’t hear honesty when he’s talking, I hear intimidation. He’s trying to be as obnoxious & mean as he can. Of, course this is JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by koolangel;2525653;
    I can’t believe that he is as popular as people are saying he is. I don’t hear honesty when he’s talking, I hear intimidation. He’s trying to be as obnoxious & mean as he can. Of, course this is JMO.
    I can see Dick being popular. He's the star of the show so far. I don't mind him for that. I mind him for the way he's bullying women specially.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2525538;
    to me it is not so much that Dick says things to their face, and others behind their back -

#1 - up to a point, it is more entertainment than the rest of the boring house has provided. (yes sometimes past the point of entertainment)

#2 - he knows he is like that and freely admits it. Self righteousness really gets under my skin. People who think they are better than others, but are really just down there in the gutter with the rest of us irk the heck out of me.
    The NH and their 'we are the good guys' just doesn't sit well with me.

I prefer Dick because he is honest with himself, and honest with us.
    Very well said. That is exactly how I feel about it.

dantrb: Next time I go out on the street and meet friends, co-wrokers and strangers I'm going to make sure to tell them how fat, ugly, mess of a parent, queer-HIV-spreading they are be. Hey, it's better than talking crap behind their backs after all right!?
    It's not the same thing. They are trapped in a house with these people and cannot leave. And I'm pretty sure Dick doesn't consider any of these people to be his friends. It's also gameplay on his part. He likes to keep them shook up and suspicious of each other.

+ Reply to Thread