+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CBS grounds the plane

FORT Newbie

CBS grounds the plane

I saw today that CBS sent a cease and desist letter to the plane that has been flying over the house.

I loved the line in there about integrity of the game. Copied below:

Lawyers for Endemol USA Inc. sent a cease and desist letter to Jerry Hider of Blue Yonder Air, to stop him from flying his plane over the "Big Brother" house. According to Endemol, Hider was planning a flyover carrying a message that told the other players in the house that Eric is "America's Player" -- essentially ruining part of the game.

Endemol alleges that by doing this, Hider's proposed actions would violate a "tort of intentional interference of an advantageous business relationship" -- or, in layman's terms, "Dude, don't ruin the game!"

Hider alleges that he's not trying to ruin the game, and that he was simply paid to do a job. The peeved pilot wouldn't release the name of the person who has been hiring him to make "Big Brother"-related runs, but said that up until now he, CBS and Endemol enjoyed "a symbiotic relationship." In 2001, Endemol even produced a story about the banner operation.

In a statement to TMZ, CBS says: "It's always great to have fans that are this engaged and passionate about 'Big Brother.' However, we also need to protect the integrity of the competition, which does not allow any outside influence on the houseguests who are sequestered from the public broadcast and therefore unaware of some of the secret twists in the show."

Is Hider going to try to fight Endemol and CBS? Not likely. He told us "If I had a bunch of attorneys I would fight this, but it's not worth my time."

FORT Fogey

Re: CBS grounds the plane

Quote Originally Posted by Starsky;2508230;

In a statement to TMZ, CBS says: "It's always great to have fans that are this engaged and passionate about 'Big Brother.' However, we also need to protect the integrity of the competition, which does not allow any outside influence on the houseguests who are sequestered from the public broadcast and therefore unaware of some of the secret twists in the show."
    ."
    Yeah, and what a "good" job they are doing

i actually wish a dude in a Santa suit would parachute down into the BB backyard bearing gifts.

that would be exciting

I wish some BB All-Stars could drop in and stir dung up

Wow! That's such a great idea. Have someone parachute down into the BB backyard and start yelling the truth to everyone before he gets tasered by the police. Saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I'm surprised no one's dropped into their BY before.

I'll bet Jerry Hidler knows lots of other pilots in the area. :-)

"Big Brother" Wings Pilot - TMZ.com

UPDATE: To be absolutely clear, the banner that appeared on last night's show was NOT pulled by Jerry.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee;2508354;
    I wish some BB All-Stars could drop in and stir dung up
    I smell Wil & Boogie in this. They are pulling for their girl Jen & will stop at nothing to help her....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2517756;
    I smell Wil & Boogie in this. They are pulling for their girl Jen & will stop at nothing to help her....
    This would be the one time I'd want to actually see Boogie. Will's clever enough, I'm sure he'll think of something.

It doesn't surprise me that CBS is now grounding the planes after this week

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;2508357;
    Wow! That's such a great idea. Have someone parachute down into the BB backyard and start yelling the truth to everyone before he gets tasered by the police. Saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I'm surprised no one's dropped into their BY before.

That did happen in the first Big Brother ever. BB 1 in The Netherlands.
    (But if I remember correctly he was a guy writing for a newspaper.) Back then this program was so new and everybody talked about it.
    He managed to get his scoop.
    Crazy Foreign Woman

+ Reply to Thread