+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: America's Player

Re: America's Player

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;2458689;
    He is proper grammar when concerning one person in general and you not being allowed to the person's name regardless of sex (unless requested by the person). Politically correct, it should be he or she, but correct is he or him, unless specifically a she or her. Associated Press would also follow he as far as generalities unless specifically women-based.

Basically what this means is that Chen isn't necessarily giving out the sex of who the America's player is.

As far as the concept, I think this is a nice twist for the season. As someone said, too bad they couldn't have done it last year, and it be one of the older players (George and Danielle).

Thanks for clearing that up for me
    I don't know... it's a mystery!!!!

George and Danielle were both married. You couldn't expect them to start a showmance for money. I think this twist is going to be a fav of the viewers. They can only do it one season, although future seasons would be paranoid.
    Count your blessings!

Maybe AP will be one of the few people who don't have an enemy in the house. Will be easier to keep them safe for a little while beause enemies may target each other.

I remember during the X factor and the DNA seasons, not all players had an ex or relative in the house.

I guess we don't know yet which players don't have enemies...?
    Ain't Love Grand!

Here's the official scoop on how this will work:

1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions. By voting via text message and/or online by going to the CBS.com web site accessible at CBS.com Big Brother 8, you hereby accept and agree to the terms of this voting program.

2. Voting Periods: America's Player on Big Brother begins on Sunday, July 8, 2007 at 5:00 PM Pacific Time (PT) and ends at 11:59:59 AM PT on Wednesday September 12, 2007 (the "America's Player Period"). Voting Periods: There will be twenty-nine (29) voting periods (each a "Voting Period and collectively the "Voting Periods") that occur within the America's Player Period. The Voting Periods are every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday each week during the America's Player Period which run from 5:00 PM PT to 11:59:59 PM PT the same day. Example: The first Voting Period begins Sunday, July 8, 2007 at 5:00 PM PT and ends the same day, Sunday July 8, 2007 at 11:59:59 PM PT. Sponsor may at its discretion shift any Voting Period and post notice of shift online at the CBS.com Big Brother 8 web site. Big Brother broadcasts are subject to preemption and schedule changes. Please check local television listings for Big Brother broadcast dates/times in your area.

3. America's Player on Big Brother Description: During each Voting Period viewers of the Big Brother television program will be asked to vote for either a specific housemate, selected action or group of actions for a housemate to undertake. The announcer will invite viewers to vote either by sending in a text message on their text messaging capable mobile phone or by going online at CBS.com Big Brother 8. There is a maximum of ten (10) votes using the text message method of voting and ten (10) free votes online.

4. How to Participate: There are two ways to submit votes:
    Voting Via Cell Phone Text Messaging: If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a text messaging capable device, you may submit your vote during any of the Voting Periods by sending a text message to the short code "81818" with your vote or votes on the question asked during that Voting Period (e.g., how a houseguest will act or vote). You will receive a "thank you" text message that provides additional information about Big Brother. You will be charged standard text and data rates for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier plus a premium text messaging charge of $.99 will apply for each successful vote. Each wireless carrier's rate plan may vary, and voters should contact their wireless carrier for information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in America's Player on Big Brother.
    Free Method of Voting Online: To submit your vote without using text messaging go to CBS.com Big Brother 8 during any of the Voting Periods and follow the instructions to complete the voting form. There is a limit of ten (10) free online votes.
    CBS.com Big Brother 8
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Newbie

america's player...

worst twist bb coulda came up with!

I like the twist. I just don't like who America's Player is.

FORT Fogey

I say we make him wash his mouth out with soap everytime he curses or makes perverted sexual remarks

FORT Newbie

twist could work out two ways suck ass or be really good

with that said i wish they woulda picked someone else!

FORT Fanatic

As I posted in another thread, this sounds like a great twist until you realize CBS holds the strings. As viewers all we can vote for are the options CBS presents to us. So it's not as though the audience is truly choosing what he should do, just choosing from a list of what CBS thinks we would want him to do.

So just hope someone at CBS has a sense of humour and offers some truly interesting options to vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2464917;
    As I posted in another thread, this sounds like a great twist until you realize CBS holds the strings. As viewers all we can vote for are the options CBS presents to us. So it's not as though the audience is truly choosing what he should do, just choosing from a list of what CBS thinks we would want him to do.

So just hope someone at CBS has a sense of humour and offers some truly interesting options to vote for.
    Agreed. When they described it on the show Thursday night it sounded like people could suggest anything. I couldn't see how that would work, but I loved the potential of that idea.
    Last edited by suncat7; 07-09-2007 at 08:35 PM. Reason: live feed info

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast