+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Kail - BB8

Re: Kail - BB8

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2462792;
    I rather hold a "grudge" against her, because she can't shut up about being a business owner.
    A "multi-business owner". Which is a REALLY awkwardly obnoxious thing to proclaim yourself over and over and over and over and over again.

You know how someone with less ego would describe their financial circumstances? "Oh, I'm a successful business owner". No "multi" crap to try and ego boost it further. Or how about "Oh, I do alright" to describe whether or not she rich or poor. None of this crap about her owning half her town is necessary for some lame quick little question they ask in the Diary Room about their background. I mean its not necessary unless you are trying to impress someone.

My new chant? "M.B.O. has got to go!"

And I mean the person, not the phrase.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'll bet her hometown is lovin her right about now. (and I'm being sarcastic here)
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

But she only brought it up once on the show. She didn't say it endlessly throughout the show. She only said something about her business during the beginning of the show in the DR.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2463043;
    I was very upset at that specific word, that they chose it.
    The use of that word bothered me, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2463246;
    But she only brought it up once on the show. She didn't say it endlessly throughout the show. She only said something about her business during the beginning of the show in the DR.
    Maybe I'm going nuts, but I recall no less than three separate clips (all in the D.R., yes) where she went on about being a "multi-business owner".

I dunno. I suppose it could be BB sabotage editing, where she mentioned it all at once, but the BB editors broke it up into three separate clips, then played them at different times to make her seem fixated on it.

Or not. We shall see.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-06-2007 at 08:36 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2463267;
    Maybe I'm going nuts, but I recall no less than three separate clips (all in the D.R., yes) where she went on about being a "multi-business owner".

I dunno. I suppose it could be BB sabotage editing, where she mentioned it all at once, but the BB editors broke it up into three separate clips, then played them at different times to make her seem fixated on it.

Or not. We shall see.
    And that's why I like the editing department of reality tv. Because they can make something that's not a big deal at all and make it sound like someone sound like its HUGE deal.

I think what I love about bb is unlike other reality shows, they don't know exactly what gets in and what doesn't and don't know how they are perceived until they get home. I guess you could same the same with the other reality shows, but I think the shock value is less for the contestant then the pre-taped reality shows..

And who's to say they didn't keep asking her about being a multi-business owner ... just like giving her a leading question about the gay lifestyle and her children. That is not something she would have blurted out on her own. AND, look how she behaved when among everyone. She didn't pound anyone over the head with her Bible; it was just the way BB chose to edit her this season.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;2464265;
    And who's to say they didn't keep asking her about being a multi-business owner ... just like giving her a leading question about the gay lifestyle and her children. That is not something she would have blurted out on her own. AND, look how she behaved when among everyone. She didn't pound anyone over the head with her Bible; it was just the way BB chose to edit her this season.
    Well, she also did that interview bit in front of her town's "Welcome" sign about "owning half this town" and "running the BB house like I run this town". So that's at least twice she's blabbed along that theme, not once. And I honestly don't think the producers would go as far as putting words in her mouth--what she said while standing in front of that sign was probably her own idea. Would they have exploited that later and asked about it to elicit appropriate follow up D.R. statements though? Sure. But they didn't invent that attitude. At worst they just edited to exploit it.

I am assuming she saw the "own this town" thing as a joke when she said it, of course. But jokes often are camouflage for an actual, real, similar attitude. Do I know for sure that's the case here? Of course not. But I do have a feeling, and it will be borne out or not in the coming game. We shall see.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-07-2007 at 07:40 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wouldn't you just love to hear from somebody from her hometown?? With all of the smack she is talking, if it's true, she's bound to be known by more than a few!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes, I would love to hear from lots of people from her town. That would tell the tale, but not from just one or two who could be unreasonably prejudiced against her.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread