+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kail - BB8

Re: Kail - BB8

I hope she makes it for awhile. I'd love to see a mess of 20-year-olds voted off in the first month, leaving the "oldsters" to develop a potentially more interesting game.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

YES!!! It's finally here!!

The last time I picked favorites from an unknown cast, it was nurse Maggie and fireman Eric. How wrong I was. This is why I won't say anything outloud again, because I don't want to jinx anyone that I thought would be cool. If I did, though, I would probably write my reasons for not stating them to the world in their thread.

***Please Please Please don't turn out like Maggie.***
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I Is Stephanie

Well you just jinxed it by saying that. Woot.

I don't know, this
    Click to see Spoiler:
    conservativeness
    of which she speaks concerns me...I mean, depending on the degree of severity I might be able to live with her, or I might wish eviction upon her.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

So is it Kail like Kale? Or Kail like Kyle?

My money is on the 'too boring to keep around' type.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Judging from the comments in the episode thread I'm problem going to be in the minority but I kind of like this gal. I guess I can respect a person who's up front and owns up to what they say; she could have easily just not answered when they asked who was the one who said they wouldn't give their seat up to a pregnant woman (this isn't saying I agree with her on that, either). This is only the first episode so who's to say she'll still be as up front and honest when the game gets going. I still wouldn't be surprised to see her go early, but right now she seems like an ideal alliance partner. But if she keeps going on about what she does for a living that's going to lose me as a fan

If nothing else we saw that she is going to be an ultracompetitive animal in the challenges. I hope she leaves the consertiveness in the closet.

I had a grudge against her since the beginning after she met Joe and said something like "I would never want my kids to come to me and tell me they chose a gay lifestyle.. It would probably break my heart." Besides, she said herself she already has enough money.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Downside Up;2462755;
    I had a grudge against her since the beginning after she met Joe and said something like "I would never want my kids to come to me and tell me they chose a gay lifestyle.. It would probably break my heart." Besides, she said herself she already has enough money.
    I rather hold a "grudge" against her, because she can't shut up about being a business owner. Who cares? Lots of people own businesses. It comes across braggy. I doubt the whole city is depending on her to pay there rent.(can't find the roll eye icon, but I am inserting here in text)

She said she would *probably* be heartbroken, if one of her kids came to her and said they were gay. I really don't find that comment homophobic(as stated in another thread) at all. There could be a lot of reasons why she might feel heartbroken. Maybe as a mother she would be concerned with the struggles that a lot of gay people struggle with. Maybe(if her child was gay) one day she had hopes of being a grandmother, and although gay people can adopt or have children, its less likely. Who really knows what she meant by that comment. I am going to give her a break on this one We will see in the coming days and weeks, if she really has a thing against gay people.

If she said she was disappointed that her child was gay, then I might consider her comment homophobic.
    Last edited by snarkattack; 07-06-2007 at 01:26 PM.

I think what's possibly more telling is her phrasing of it- "if her child CHOSE to be gay." Typically, people who think it's a choice, seem to think it's the wrong/unacceptable "choice." Whereas, people who are more open-minded/accepting about homosexuality think of one's gayness as just a part of who he/she is (ie. born that way or not a choice, juwt how it is).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by talula;2462967;
    I think what's possibly more telling is her phrasing of it- "if her child CHOSE to be gay." Typically, people who think it's a choice, seem to think it's the wrong/unacceptable "choice." Whereas, people who are more open-minded/accepting about homosexuality think of one's gayness as just a part of who he/she is (ie. born that way or not a choice, juwt how it is).
    I was very upset at that specific word, that they chose it. If she would of said I don't like homosexuals, I would of been much more happy... but she said they chose it. I don't believe it's a choice, who would choose to be ridiculous, out casted, tortured... ext.

+ Reply to Thread