+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Jen - BB8

FORT Regular

Re: Jen - BB8

Quote Originally Posted by Truce;2543642;
    Interesting article about the double standards in the house.

‘Big Brother’s’ competing realities - REALITY TV - MSNBC.com

ETA: Jen's interview with Julie via CBS for those that are interested.

CBS News Video - Top Stories and Video News Clips at CBSNews.com
    That article from MSNBC was shockingly spot on.

Nothing like producers that flaunt their obvious hand in a "reality" TV show, and I hated Jen, and still think many of her actions were/are immature.

I'm a men's rights activist, (yes - hilarious to some, I'm sure,) and see many cases where women are constantly abusing their significant other, only to claim themselves (generally supported by law enforcement) as victims when said significant other eventually loses it and responds in kind. It also seems that in relationships, "Abuse" has come to represent just about anything that a man does that a female doesn't like. That said, I could not possibly defend Dick's actions toward Jen as not being abusive. Furthermore, it is Dick that goes out of his way to start arguments, then acts as if he has been maliciously attacked. I had been rooting for him during the first few weeks, too.

Jen has her faults, as does this entire cast, but in no way did she deserve what has been handed to her by both the HGs and CBS.

Dick is a man that sets back the cause of someone like myself immensely. He is a spoiled adult who uses verbal and physical intimidation to get his way. He clearly cannot handle his emotions, which is why he gets frustrated to the point of screaming at, or pouring things onto, people so quickly when he is challenged.

CBS' overlooking of these things while punishing Jen to assure her ouster is sad and pathetic. It teaches people that if you make enough money for others, the rules will be bent for you. It's a terrible message to send.

Thanks for that article. I'm glad the media is reporting on how unfairly she was treated and the sick bias they have for D/D & Eric.

Kgun, there's nothing wrong with being a male activist. Everyone needs a support group/system.
    Will talking about James "Looks to me like Janelle WHOPPED HIS ASS!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have to admit that I was surprised that Jen was penalized for the altercation, and that Dick received nothing. Jen wasn't wielding anything nearly as dangerous as a lit cigarette.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Jen was penalized for the cigarette incident? I thought she was penalized for eating food when she should have been eating slop. I'm confused.
    Plus, she grabbed for the cigarette to begin with, not surprised she got burned. Maybe she learned a lesson.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

Quote Originally Posted by Kgun5;2543777;
    That article from MSNBC was shockingly spot on.

Nothing like producers that flaunt their obvious hand in a "reality" TV show, and I hated Jen, and still think many of her actions were/are immature.

I'm a men's rights activist, (yes - hilarious to some, I'm sure,) and see many cases where women are constantly abusing their significant other, only to claim themselves (generally supported by law enforcement) as victims when said significant other eventually loses it and responds in kind. It also seems that in relationships, "Abuse" has come to represent just about anything that a man does that a female doesn't like. That said, I could not possibly defend Dick's actions toward Jen as not being abusive. Furthermore, it is Dick that goes out of his way to start arguments, then acts as if he has been maliciously attacked. I had been rooting for him during the first few weeks, too.

Jen has her faults, as does this entire cast, but in no way did she deserve what has been handed to her by both the HGs and CBS.

Dick is a man that sets back the cause of someone like myself immensely. He is a spoiled adult who uses verbal and physical intimidation to get his way. He clearly cannot handle his emotions, which is why he gets frustrated to the point of screaming at, or pouring things onto, people so quickly when he is challenged.

CBS' overlooking of these things while punishing Jen to assure her ouster is sad and pathetic. It teaches people that if you make enough money for others, the rules will be bent for you. It's a terrible message to send.

Good for you being a men's advocate. As the mother of two teenage sons, I appreciate your efforts.

As for Jen, she never really won me over, but I have been consistently amazed at her self control in the face of repeated instances of abuse. Verbal and otherwise. I can say that if I had been subjected to Dick's pathological behavior, I would have probably become a psychotic bitch and he would be missing a whole lot more than his cigarettes! So she has singlehandedly proven that not all women are not screaming hysterical shrews, even when provoked on a daily (or hourly!) basis. Good for her. Sucks for Dick that she'll be in the sequester house!
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2544417;
    I have to admit that I was surprised that Jen was penalized for the altercation, and that Dick received nothing. Jen wasn't wielding anything nearly as dangerous as a lit cigarette.
    Jen was penalized for eating when she took the challenge to be on slop.

I have to admit that I was not a Jen fan in the beginning, but her restraint & control in the face of the continual onslaughts won me over. Until this week. She quit, she gave up, & she sabotaged her own game by just being stupid. Obviously she was going to go home regardless, but do it with some class. I think that was the worst way to go out since Sue Hawk quit on Survivor All Stars.

On another note. Dick is a bar manager in LA. Jen is a Hollywood resident & reportedly a friend of the bar managers Dr. Will & Boogie. I wonder is she & Dick will ever run into each other by running in this crowd? Now that would be interesting to see.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy;2544438;
    Good for you being a men's advocate. As the mother of two teenage sons, I appreciate your efforts.

As for Jen, she never really won me over, but I have been consistently amazed at her self control in the face of repeated instances of abuse. Verbal and otherwise. I can say that if I had been subjected to Dick's pathological behavior, I would have probably become a psychotic bitch and he would be missing a whole lot more than his cigarettes! So she has singlehandedly proven that not all women are not screaming hysterical shrews, even when provoked on a daily (or hourly!) basis. Good for her. Sucks for Dick that she'll be in the sequester house!
    I completely agree. Actually Dick has no chance of winning. NONE, IMO. And I loved that article from MSNBC. CBS has really been playing up Dick as some hero, dad trying to make good and they really whitewashed the whole Jen/Dick encounter. Then again the vulgarities/female slang he uses couldn't be put on network tv. I've never heard anyone speak with such volumes of vulgarities and insults as Dick. He's no hero to me.

I'm probably lying... spinozasright's Avatar

[QUOTE=razorbacker;2544964...I have to admit that I was not a Jen fan in the beginning, but her restraint & control in the face of the continual onslaughts won me over. Until this week. She quit, she gave up, & she sabotaged her own game by just being stupid. Obviously she was going to go home regardless, but do it with some class. I think that was the worst way to go out since Sue Hawk quit on Survivor All Stars.[/QUOTE]

It was a shame to see her go out on such a self-destructive note. In many ways it answered some questions though. I think what I thought was stupidity is just remarkable immaturity. I mean she was just flailing around from one acting out to another. That and the sour grapes speech were just kind of sad. I don't know that she ever acknowledges what she's really feeling. Her "smile" at the unanimous eviction was actually a rictus, it looked so forced.

I think this girl has been hurt pretty badly somewhere along the way and she's not about to let anyone think they've hurt her. I've known people who rejected folks before they could reject her. It's not a fun trip.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2544417;
    Jen had the option to walk away from the situation. She decided to try and snatch the cig from Dick's mouth and hand and wouldn't stop even when he told her she'd get burned......they were both at fault, and both acted like children.....

+ Reply to Thread