+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Jen - BB8

Re: Jen - BB8

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2481516;
    On the topic of Jen not responding to Dick's yelling--

Yes, she may be dumb, or she may be just immune. I come from a not-so-amazing family situation, and I will say that after 15 years of getting hell fro doing virtually nothing, I can just look someone straight in the eye when they yell, and walk off as though nothing happened. This might not be the case for her, but honestly, I don't care how smart or stupid she is, it's near impossible to fake enthusiam like that after someone yells at you.
    You, however, show interest in other people (I've read your posts), which would indicate that you're not a sociopath. Jen is not remotely interested in other people except as to how they affect her, and barely even then. Dick's ripping into her doesn't affect her world at all - I bet it barely even penetrates the wall-of-me built around her underdeveloped psyche.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Could a sociopath really make it through all the screening and psychological tests that they put potential house guests through?

I am really looking forward to Jen's eviction interview with Julie. Part of me HAS to believe that she's putting on one big manipulative act on the show, and that once she is out of the house, she'll be an entirely different person. If that's true, I'll be kind of impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2481539;
    Could a sociopath really make it through all the screening and psychological tests that they put potential house guests through?
    Umm... yes! In fact, I think they'd be quite excited to bring one on as long as they didn't show any true violent tendencies.

LG.

I had wondered that same thing, Veruka, when I watched Season 2 and Nicole was literally falling apart in her quest to beat Will. It was actually a little disturbing.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2481561;
    Umm... yes! In fact, I think they'd be quite excited to bring one on as long as they didn't show any true violent tendencies.
    I wonder what kind of testing they actually do....I remember one house guest (don't remember his name or what episode it was) who trashed the house and scared the crap out of the other house guests.........I think he was asked to leave.
    Wonder if Jen is going to do something crazy this season...my guess is yes.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

FORT Newbie

some guy pulled a knife and started rubbing it on some girl.. oddly enough i think she liked it

FORT Fogey

I could see Jen doing something along the lines of Shannon's infamous cleaning the toilet with Hardy's toothbrush. But I don't see her going into a rage and going after anohter houseguest or the house. I think she's manipulative, but I don't really see her as violent.

Psychopathy is currently defined in psychiatry and clinical psychology as a condition characterized by lack of empathy [1] [2] or conscience, and poor impulse control [3] [4] or manipulative behaviors.[5]
    The difference between sociopathy and psychopathy, according to Hare, may "reflect the user's views on the origins and determinates of the disorder."
    Granted, this comes from Wikipedia, not the most reliable source of information, but doesn't this sound like Jen?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2481724;
    Granted, this comes from Wikipedia, not the most reliable source of information, but doesn't this sound like Jen?
    I remember when I took Psych 101, reading about various disorders and being convinced that I had every one of them. I know many people who experienced the same thing. When you read a basic description of a disorder, it's easy to diagnose just about anyone as having it. ("Feeling anxious? Well yes, I feel anxious sometimes! Oh dear" ... without considering "it's quite normal to feel anxious when you're about to buy a house, sell a car, change jobs, etc ... and that's not the kind of anxious the description means)

Not to mention that with Jen, we really have no way right now of knowing what aspects of her real personality we're seeing, and what is game play.

I think that might have been the same guy Spooge.....dammit I can't remember his name....was it Mike?anyone remember what EP he was on?
    Anyway,back to Jen,I am just glad she can't be nominated twice in a row for HOH. I hope whoever wins this week is someone who hates her as much as I do.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

+ Reply to Thread