+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jameka - BB8

Re: Jameka - BB8

I'm dissapointed in this casting choice. Another waste of space like Mike. I know BB needs a token Black person every year but why pick a sane, let alone, quiet Black person? If you're only gonna pick 1 person for 1 race, he/she needs to stand out (i.e be bold/brash/attitude like Mega or Marcellas)

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee;2492265;
    I'm dissapointed in this casting choice. Another waste of space like Mike. I know BB needs a token Black person every year but why pick a sane, let alone, quiet Black person? If you're only gonna pick 1 person for 1 race, he/she needs to stand out (i.e be bold/brash/attitude like Mega or Marcellas)
    You must not have the feeds, Jameka isn't quiet at all. She's one of the more entertaining people in the house actually. It's all editing my friend, all editing

Yes and seeing what she is really like really turns me off. I would like her so much better if she were the person we see on the show instead of the feeds.

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee;2492265;

The fact that she is indeed a token is so sad. Then, she has to conform to some stereotypical notion of what white America expects of her.

She is not quiet. She is ignored by the show. On the live feeds, she is a strong, insightful, empathetic woman. Since that characterization doesn't conform with your stereotype either...I guess you can't be satisfied. Remember Omarosa?

Which, by the way, is the reason there is only one token.

FORT Fogey

What's the cause of the problem she and Zach seem to have with each other?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Zach.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Once tomorrow's veto show airs my reason for wanting this nutjob gone will become apparent.

to be honest, she doesn't offer much to the show

i started getting upset because i watch the feeds/sho and i am not happy with a choice she recently made

she is a moron...

i would have rather had a stereotipical jameka, than the one we ended up with... at least there would be more stuff to discuss

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Stereotypes get so boring and offensive if they are shown season after season! Its like TPTB think we are all shallow and stupid. Looks to me like there is no "stereotypical" Jameka.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ladychat;2493422;
    The fact that she is indeed a token is so sad. Then, she has to conform to some stereotypical notion of what white America expects of her.

She is not quiet. She is ignored by the show. On the live feeds, she is a strong, insightful, empathetic woman. Since that characterization doesn't conform with your stereotype either...I guess you can't be satisfied. Remember Omarosa?

Which, by the way, is the reason there is only one token.
    Well said!
    Shaken, not stirred.

+ Reply to Thread