+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dick - BB8

Re: Dick - BB8

Ummmmm.....I don't think so. I'd rather eat glass.

I'm in ... just need to know when and where.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

So sad to have read reports that dick has hiv

I also liked how he handled it. HIV can be contracted by straight sex. And being 'Evil Dick' I don't think he wanted to be a spokesman for HIV.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

^ True.

If CBS didn't give Dick the option to stay, I could understand it from a practical point of view. He had just received the diagnosis -- this means that a lot more and deeper testing is called for immediately, to guage his current condition, and to see what courses of medication are called for. And then there are the follow-up visits to see how the course of treatment is working...he would have been out of the house as much as he would have been in it. It's not the kind of thing where you can say, "Oh, well I'll stay in the game, and find out what's going on in September when we're done."

I doubt it was based on blind prejudice against people with HIV; there's probably a clause in the contract about unresolved medical issues that caused the decision. Other people who have had pre-existing medical conditions have played the game, and they would go into the DR regularly to receive their prescribed drugs. Dick didn't have a course of treatment prescribed yet, so that alone would make staying in the game unwise, and too great a risk to himself.

Then again, if that was CBS' thinking, why not just say so now, instead of denying there was no option for Dick to stay...
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-04-2014 at 07:39 PM.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Just watched Couples Therapy and heard about his diagnosis. IMO CBS made the correct call in pulling him from the game. Aside from the physical aspects of the disease that needed to be addressed there were also psychological issues that needed that as well. This is not a flu type diagnosis. This is a life changing diagnosis. I would think one would be advised and expected to seek therapy as part of the course of treatment. He also mentioned that there were conflicting reports on the tests - one positive and one negative. That meant he most certainly needed further testing. I think the same would have been done for someone testing positive for diabetes for the first time as that is also a life altering diagnosis.

In all the theories I heard about why he left this one was never one of them. I applaud him for being able to keep this to himself and disclose it on his own terms. I was not a fan of the way he acted in the house, but I have enjoyed him since he left. His twitter shows he is a true fan of the game, and his strength in getting this sad news speaks volumes for the person he is. The Evel thing is part of his persona but there's a lot more to him than that.
    Punkin, beerbelly and Katydyd like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread