+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Dick - BB8

Re: Dick - BB8

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2489595;
    If Brian Urlacher were to level my brother to the ground because he was holding a hamburger, I'd stomp him too (well, not really - he's much bigger than me, but you get the point). However, if my brother were an NFL quarterback, and Urlacher leveled him on the field, I'd call it a good hit. Dick is playing a game.
    I have to agree with you......Everybody who really knows Will says that he acts nothing in the real world as he acted in the BB house. I've heard he is fairly shy. So....I can't judge BB Dick to be the 'real' Dick. You just don't know.

I'm also of the belief that if you are a man or a woman...If you dish it out...you should be prepared to take it. I'm talking to you....Kail.

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Kids for sale! Three sizes: small, medium and large. Wardrobe, beds, gaming system and attitude included. Call 1-800-itssummerandmy-momisgoingtowringmyneck. Serious inquiries only, please.

Love your signature!! I know the feeling

Yes, and Kail can dish it, can't she?

Evil Dick rules!!!!!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I respectfully disagree.
    A person who has never cussed out a woman in their life does not suddenly start doing so as part of a game. It wouldn't come so easily.
    Remember how many hours football players practice their tackles? They learn how to take the other players down, and it takes a long time to be effective at it.
    The abusive way he treats the women comes easily to Dick - he has had plenty of practice, IMO.
    That's just how I see it, it doesn't mean I am right ;0)

Dick tells it like it is, it doesn't matter what sex you are male or female, if you acted like Jen or Kail, you deserved a talking to like they got.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 07-26-2007 at 01:52 AM.

lei
    FORT Fogey

I don't think Dick is harsher on women in particular. He told it like it is to Mike, and I think Nick, at least. It just happened to be that two of his biggest enemies are/were female.

And, he's playing a game. When he's outside the game, like when he's talking to Daniele (even though it's on TV) (which is so wrong, and a probable cause for him being "off" in general) he seems a very loving and caring person.

I give him a 10 for style. This show thrives on entertaining personalities when it gets them. (Why Julie is still there is another question...)

FORT Fogey

I don't htink it's fair to make a distinction between the way men treat other men in the house, and the way they treat other women in the house. The rules of etiquette cannot apply in the Big Brother game. If we set a standard of "it's okay to yell at a man, but not a woman in Big Brother", then we might as well disqualify the men from competing each year. Just let them go in for eye candy and accept that a woman will win, because we're giving her more tools.

I really don't care for double standards. Women must have everything men have but, ooooh, you can't yell at the delicate little flowers. (I'm a woman by the way). Personally, I wouldn't care to have any of these people involved in my life in any way, but I'm not horrified by Dick's constant "truth-telling" verbiage any more than I'm horrified by Amber's constant crying, just a little annoyed. I was horrified by Kail's trying to lure Daniele away from her dad (just disgusting), and Jen's extortive threats to the friends of the veto players. That's right - I'm horrified by the actions of two women, much as I was horrified by Maggie. Women are just not that frail and I'm honestly a little offended that people think that they (we) need to be protected at all costs from big mouths.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2490581;
    I really don't care for double standards. Women must have everything men have but, ooooh, you can't yell at the delicate little flowers. (I'm a woman by the way). Personally, I wouldn't care to have any of these people involved in my life in any way, but I'm not horrified by Dick's constant "truth-telling" verbiage any more than I'm horrified by Amber's constant crying, just a little annoyed. I was horrified by Kail's trying to lure Daniele away from her dad (just disgusting), and Jen's extortive threats to the friends of the veto players. That's right - I'm horrified by the actions of two women, much as I was horrified by Maggie. Women are just not that frail and I'm honestly a little offended that people think that they (we) need to be protected at all costs from big mouths.

Well said, on both the double standard point AND the strong enough to not need protection part. I've marveled at times at the way that some women can be so adamant about men not hitting women (which I agree with) and yet they'll haul off and hit a man. I think it helps to realize that your behavior sets the standard for those around you of what you consider to be acceptable and not acceptable. Kail and Jen have both set the standard that its okay to play mind games, because they both play them. So they need to accept the other side of that equation and understand that means that it is okay for others to play mind games on them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Impervious1;2490104;
    Dick tells it like it is, it doesn't matter what sex you are male or female, if you acted like Jen or Kail, you deserved a talking to like they got.

I was very happy and liked Dick the moment he came into the house. I felt that he added some flavor to the house and isnt this barbie , ken doll person. Anyways I was very happy that he stood up to Jen in the storage room when Jen was " threatening" Amber because I felt it was wrong to do.

Now I must say that Dick is just as wrong cause he did the samething with Mike.

+ Reply to Thread