+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Dick - BB8

FORT Fogey

Re: Dick - BB8

If the next HOH doesn't nominate him then Dick is playing the game right.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler;2489350;
    If the next HOH doesn't nominate him then Dick is playing the game right.
    Exactly! And it appears that Dick is laying the foundation to ensure that happens. He's doing it by creating doubt in others among all the players that have any influence, and in giving hints of a chance to ally with him to those who are feeling weak. I think that the conversation he had with Kail where it seemed like he was coaching her last week was his way of leading her to believe that if she played her cards right, the two of them could team up if she survives this week. If he balances the doubt and hope just right, he's golden.

FORT Regular

Dick is being alittle too harsh IMO. I used to like him, now not so much.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I liked Dick, at first, because he seemed to be a nice guy in a rough exterior. But, I do not think that it is ok for him to constantly be "calling people out" and using abusive language and threats on women. He actually had me feeling sorry for Kail last night! If someone talked to me like that - bullying me, threatening me, and throwing around F-bombs (which I am not used to hearing - and I'm assuming Kail isn't either), my husband would come after them like a locomotive. That is not the way to treat a lady - no matter how she acts. He is an abuser.

FORT Fogey

I really think there are two separate ways to watch Big Brother. It can be watched as a chess match on steroids -- viewed like you do a football game looking for good plays, good game plans, etc. It can also be viewed like a show like The Real World, exploring personalities living together.

Watching it as a game, I think a person sees things like Dick's harsh words, or Howie's busto explosion a couple of seasons ago, and cheers at the strategy and game play, trying to discern what the player is doing before the rest of the house does. Those same actions when viewed from the Real World perspective are rightly viewed as harsh, rude, and unlikable.

Just like it's not right to knock a person down to get what you want in real life, but stadiums full of people go nuts when a football player knocks the guy with the ball down really really hard, I look at the abusive words and threatening behavior as great game play -- not a reflection on a person.

FORT Regular

If dick treated my girlfriend/mother or any woman I know the way he does in the show, I'd smack his ass down so hard when I saw him outside the house. Then stomp on him while he was down.
    Last edited by darkain; 07-25-2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Grammar error.

I think Dick is awesome, he's just starting to get a little too paranoid. He doesn't want to miss a single conversation and that's just impossible. Also, don't forget, the producers are just showing us what they want to show us. Maybe Dick was ranting for 1/2 hour out of 24, but, of course, pieces of the 1/2 hour are what we see.

But one thing's for sure, you can't tell him anything in confidence because he's probably going to repeat it.

Something else, don't forget that he manages a bar. I'm sure his job requires him to be aware of everything that's going on in his bar so things don't get out of control. So calling people out on their behavior is part of his job.

I think he's playing this game like he runs the bar!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkain;2489413;
    If dick treated my girlfriend/mother or any woman I know the way he does in the show, I'd smack his ass down so hard when I saw him outside the house. Then stomp on him while he was down.
    That's what I'm talking about!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by darkain;2489413;
    If Brian Urlacher were to level my brother to the ground because he was holding a hamburger, I'd stomp him too (well, not really - he's much bigger than me, but you get the point). However, if my brother were an NFL quarterback, and Urlacher leveled him on the field, I'd call it a good hit. Dick is playing a game.

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2489595;
    If Brian Urlacher were to level my brother to the ground because he was holding a hamburger, I'd stomp him too (well, not really - he's much bigger than me, but you get the point). However, if my brother were an NFL quarterback, and Urlacher leveled him on the field, I'd call it a good hit. Dick is playing a game.
    That's how I see it too. Dick has to use his weapons against his opponents, just like the rest of them. If his weapons are better, he wins the game. Amber's tears, Kail's "Mrs. Robinson" alliance, Jen's bikini are the weapons they brought to the game. They have water guns, Dick has AK-47's.

+ Reply to Thread