Closed Thread

Thread: Jason interview in EW online

Jason interview in EW online

From EW online

Like a Virgin

America's most famous virgin became the latest houseguest to be evicted from the ''Big Brother'' house. The 25-year-old videographer from Mobile, Ala., talks with EW.com about peanut butter bathing suits, his crush on Chiara, and why he thinks Danielle should win the $500,000.

What have you done since you've been out of the house?

I've had very little sleep -- I've been watching tapes of ''Big Brother''! The show is so exciting, so dramatic, but then it was like, ''Jason you're gonna get evicted!'' It's huge, realizing what the show has become. I felt so alone this last week when Amy left. I felt like we were the last three in the world, the cameras weren't following us. They've left us! And then to leave and see that it is a huge deal -- oh, wow.

What has surprised you most?

How great everything looks. Everything has been captured so well. There were times where I felt like they didn't get that little conversation on the hammock, and then they did.

Anything shock you so far?

Not yet. I was always prepared for Danielle in the diary room. She told me she was mean and nasty in there, and that there were people she lied to and that she'd count down the evictees. I was really expecting a lot worse.

Would you be surprised to know that Danielle was not liked outside of the house?

Coming out of the house, they told me about my popularity, and I was like, ''You're kidding me.'' I was blown away. And essentially I found out that Danielle had some people who didn't really like her so much. She played the game in some cases down and dirty, and she never denied that. She came to play. She felt like people who got out would absolutely dislike her and vote against her and that it was an uphill battle. But I hope people will look at how she and I played the game and how we dominated so much of it as opposed to what mean stuff she said in the diary room.

But you never trashed people in the diary room.

I was so cautious of the people who had left the house. I would speak my mind but still wanted that person to like me. I didn't want to make it personal.

What did you think of Danielle's promise that she made to Lisa that the two of them would go to the end -- in the pool during the final HOH competition?

Danielle came to me and told me what she did. I knew that ultimately she lied to people in this game many times. But I felt throughout the entire game she looked out for me, and I would do the same for her. I had no reason to not trust her. In that moment, I thought through every possible option of what needed to happen, but it didn't serve any purpose for me to go to Lisa. I did consider that maybe I could work a deal, but then Lisa gave her word to Danielle. I felt like Lisa was honorable enough to keep it.

Why did Lisa keep Danielle?

I think that Lisa felt she could win against Danielle. My parents said Lisa mentioned in the house or in the diary room over last couple of weeks that no one felt like they could beat me at the end.

Everyone thought you were a nice guy. Fair assessment?

I think I am a nice guy, but a nice guy who played this game very well.

Talk about your stint as head of household when you considered nominating Roddy.

I was in that place of not really knowing what Roddy was doing in the game. But I saw a friendship with Roddy that was very important to me. I liked the guy. And I told Chiara I'd look out for him. I felt that I gave my world and it meant so much to me.

How did you feel when Marcellas didn't use the golden veto?

I could not believe he didn't use it. When Marcellas won it, I knew I was in trouble at that point. Marcellas was not happy with me when I nominated him. I sat down and had a conversation with him and I realized how well he was playing the game, his potential threat to me, and how upset he was at me. This guy is good. He does well in memory and physical competitions. Now he might have a reason to come after me. So if he doesn't use the veto, I've got to vote to evict him. We were shocked and almost horrified that he didn't use it. It was his get-out-of-jail-free card. But it was great for our game.

So did you have a crush on Chiara?

I did have little crush on her. Afterwards, I asked my mom which houseguest she did not like, and I knew I was going to get teased a little bit about Chiara. Mom said we'll talk about it later. I'm still waiting for later.

What did you think about the peanut-butter bathing suits?

That was very shocking. I thought there was going to be a little more fabric and flowers and less skin. I was thinking, Okay, this will be cute, and surely they'll do something nice and tasteful. And then they came out, and I was like ''Oooookay!''

Who disappointed you the most?

Jason in the third part of the HOH competition at the end. That was really the only thing that was disappointing. At this point, I haven't seen anything that's disappointed me. I've been pleasantly surprised.

How do you think the votes will go at the end?

Danielle will get my vote. I think Josh will vote for her. Amy is a swing vote. Chiara quite possibly could vote for Dani, as well as Lori. I don't know where Gerry stands. I think those who would vote in favor of Lisa are Roddy, Eric, Tonya, and Marcellas. I think Danielle's got the game. Until I finish watching the tapes, I think Danielle should win. She was the best player.

Anything shock you so far?

Not yet. I was always prepared for Danielle in the diary room. She told me she was mean and nasty in there, and that there were people she lied to and that she'd count down the evictees. I was really expecting a lot worse.
    I just don't get that.... did he just not tell her that it could hurt her in the end?

So did you have a crush on Chiara?

I did have little crush on her. Afterwards, I asked my mom which houseguest she did not like, and I knew I was going to get teased a little bit about Chiara. Mom said we'll talk about it later. I'm still waiting for later.
    Hee hee. I'd like to be there when "later" rolls around!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I'm not surprised that Jason didn't caution Danielle to ease up in the DR. After all, he did want to win. If Danielle wanted to shoot her foot, he may as well let her. I think he knew that he was in good standing to win it all against her, so good for him.

Still bummed he's out.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

LG.
    Thanks for posting, Fluff, great interview. Aw shucks, he seems like such a nice guy, but he's still clueless that he got suckered by Dani with her deal with Lisa at the end.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Dani really did screw Jason over imo.
    She would have done far better against Lisa in the final leg of the hoh, but she didn't want to win it as it would have meant breaking her word yet again.
    I expect she didn't want to break her word in such a visible fashion so close to voting time.

Jason is quite adorable. I imagine Chiara would get tired of him pretty quick. I don't mean that as an insult to either of them, they're just so different and I think Chiara seems to need more of a "go getter".
    Besides which, that relationship would put Jason's mother in an early grave.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Closed Thread