+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: House Calls-The Big Brother Talk Show

Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle
    The host of a show is suppose to remain somewhat objective. Marcellas has such a thing for Kaysar that he is beyond bia and CBS should have Marcellas look at The Early Show and see how Julie and them interview guest from show like Big Brother and Survivor, they state their opinions but still coduct the show without any bias.
    This isn't the CBS Evening News and Gretchen and Marcellas aren't journalists, for goodness sakes. It's a fan show and the hosts are entitled to be as biased as they want to be. For me, that's part of the entertainment, even when I disagree.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    This isn't the CBS Evening News and Gretchen and Marcellas aren't journalists, for goodness sakes. It's a fan show and the hosts are entitled to be as biased as they want to be. For me, that's part of the entertainment, even when I disagree.
    What? It's not the evening news?

Well said. They're supposed to be totally biased. Not only is it a fan show but it's an opinion show. How boring would an opinion show be if the hosts had no opinions.

I am not related to Eric, nor do I know him at all.

Kaysar looks like Bert. I guess that'll make Howie Ernie? Kaysar chooses to keep those weeds he calls eyebrows, so he deserves to have them picked (Or plucked) on.

Housecalls is a CBS show, they front the tab, not Marcellas and Gretchen, so it's not a fan show. CBS also states the show is "The Official Big Brother Talk Show", again it's not a fan show. Housecalls is an official CBS production created by CBS, not Marcellas and Gretchen. If the show was called the Marcellas and Gretchen Big Brother Opinion Show, then the bias will be acceptable, but not for an "Official Big Brother Talk Show".

Other talk show host interject their personal opinions, they do it on the Early Show all the time, but they do it correctly, where Marcellas and Gretchen does not.
    "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
    Roger Ebert

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Must we resort to talking about people's physical characteristics when there is so much more to this game to talk about? People's parents are responsible for most of their physical characteristics..........and people don't choose their parents. Let's call a halt to the dumb stuff and move on.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I disagree.

I have read on here shots made towards Eric an in the house about his height, that is genetic, and something, he can not control.

Kaysar's eye mustaches is a personal choice, he could trim them, he chooses not to.
    "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
    Roger Ebert

The tone of this thread is getting rather baiting. You can say whatever you want about contestants on a show, true, but it's pretty obvious when it's just an attempt to stir things up.

Let's keep the thread on-topic, please.

FORT Fogey
    I hope everyone who can catches HC today. They are interviewing Mr. Shapiro, creator/exec. producer of BB6. I'm going to try and get on there and ask some questions. It should be good.

I was so disappointed in the psychologist yesterday. I expected some analysis on the personality types: why does Ivette attach herself so much to strong men? Why is April such a s*** disturber?
    Instead, she says things like, "Well, there's a lot of pressure with that many people living together."
    Uh, duh.
    Then she goes on an on about Howie being this alpha male. In his dreams.
    I got the feeling she watched a couple shows in preparation for the interview, but knew a heck of a lot less about Big Brother than the viewers.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I was so disappointed in the psychologist yesterday. I expected some analysis on the personality types: why does Ivette attach herself so much to strong men? Why is April such a s*** disturber?
    Instead, she says things like, "Well, there's a lot of pressure with that many people living together."
    Uh, duh.
    Then she goes on an on about Howie being this alpha male. In his dreams.
    I got the feeling she watched a couple shows in preparation for the interview, but knew a heck of a lot less about Big Brother than the viewers.
    I totally agree, Candor! She had no background on the show. She even said she had started watching AFTER Eric left. Uhm, she missed three huge weeks of information to offer opinions! Even those of us without medical degrees know better than to offer opinion without basis of facts which she was clearly lacking. She only did HC to promote her book. What a waste of a half hour!

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    So...based on the above posts, I would have to believe that there are family members or friends of a certain ex HG now posting on the FORT- cool. Is an eyebrow slam the best you can come up with?

It is no secret that Marcellas crushes on Kaysar. Show me a "talk show" that the host does not interject their own opinions - at least from time to time. Typically, there will be a disclaimer regarding that very issue.

I enjoy watching Housecalls - particularly watching Marcellas act like a doofus. He is entertaining and says some of the things I wish I could say to the contestants. Personally, I can hardly wait until he gets his claws into Howie and or Beau. Now THAT will be great viewing!
    Absolutely no relation to Oracle, I just found her slam funny, the same way people laugh at Eric's 'midget' deal and the Jenny dances like a 'ho'. I thought I was allowed to laugh.

In any case, in most talk shows they still try to present a level of objective thought, from Oprah to Regis and Kelly, they all try to be even while interjecting their own opnions. That is what House Calls lacks, I never said they should be Chen Bots.

+ Reply to Thread