+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: House Calls-The Big Brother Talk Show

Marcellas and Gretchen were gushing over Kaysar. Marcellas alluded that he might commit suicide if Eric comes back. Nichole from BB2 called in to say vote for Kaysar.
    Marcellas said something about wearing a 'vote for Kaysar' shirt with 'or vote for Michael if you must' on the back.

You're okay, Georgie. Tanyabean's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlast
    Marcellas and Gretchen were gushing over Kaysar. Marcellas alluded that he might commit suicide if Eric comes back. Nichole from BB2 called in to say vote for Kaysar.
    Marcellas said something about wearing a 'vote for Kaysar' shirt with 'or vote for Michael if you must' on the back.
    Yeah, I was watching it too! Marcellas is crushing on Kaysar. It's hilarious. I love Marcellas.

FORT Fogey
    I can only watch this show when it is archived. But I really enjoy it! I love the live interview of the ousted house guest and all the fun talk about strategy and speculation that goes on. (much like the FORT but in a video/call in format). CBS did a great job with this extra little program for us BB fans!

If someone caught HC today, one of the callers pointed out that last night around 1 am big brother time someone ripped someone else's panties? Did anyone catch that part?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlast
    It's a reason I watch it, but loathe watching the disgusting bias they have towards Kaysar. They spend half the time talking about his looks, ask more questions about his personal life, a few snips of this and that and it's over. Although, Gretchen and Marcellas had to make it public that Kaysar was trying to take over the show the entire time and control it. Sadly, they were so warped that a caller had to remind them about the Kaysar/Ivette confrontation and both admitted that it 'slipped' their minds and that there is a bias when Kaysar looks so much better than Eric and he got more lattitude with that issue. Open and admitted biased that so far to one extreme that you can't even see the other end of the spectrum.

As far as the interview with Eric went, right from the start they were hostile and backed him into a corner like they've done no other House Guest. If you backed Mary Poppins into a corner like that she'd let loose on you, lol. I find the ignorance of the show amusing and saddening at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0
    It's a reason I watch it, but loathe watching the disgusting bias they have towards Kaysar. They spend half the time talking about his looks, ask more questions about his personal life, a few snips of this and that and it's over. Although, Gretchen and Marcellas had to make it public that Kaysar was trying to take over the show the entire time and control it. Sadly, they were so warped that a caller had to remind them about the Kaysar/Ivette confrontation and both admitted that it 'slipped' their minds and that there is a bias when Kaysar looks so much better than Eric and he got more lattitude with that issue. Open and admitted biased that so far to one extreme that you can't even see the other end of the spectrum.

As far as the interview with Eric went, right from the start they were hostile and backed him into a corner like they've done no other House Guest. If you backed Mary Poppins into a corner like that she'd let loose on you, lol. I find the ignorance of the show amusing and saddening at the same time.
    To be fair to HC, its a talk show based on the 'opinions' of the hosts so they have a right to voice their opinion just as much as you and me. I do blv they should be a little more unbiased though (even for ppl like ivette and eric) because these people do go through alot by allowing us to watch them under the microscope.

I do agree with you somewhat about Kaysar/Ivette confrontation and how it always gets over shadowed by the Mike/Eric confrontation but I hope you've seen all of the racist comments and pure hatred that Ivette's been spreading about Kaysar ever since the first week. While you are giving Eric 'lattitude' for acting up in front of Marcelles/Gretchen, you are being extremely harsh in rationalizing the reaction of someone who was called a "mofo, sand n****, camel rider, osama, bomb strapper..." and pretty much every single racial slur against middle eastern culture.

Also, I find it amusing that Kaysar-naysayers keep bring up that one and only instance with Ivette and keep forgetting the numerous times that Eric acted like a supereme being. i.e. the way he thought he was the moral encompass of the house (lights out at 11:30, ration food, ration ice cream, everyone that pisses of eric must be voted off!), he lost his cool not once but many many times i.e. during the bacci ball HOH practice when he sat there like a sulking child staring at Kay's team; during the whole week when he was nominated to be evicted - not talking to anyone from Sov6 and not letting anyone from his group talk to them / in fact I remember they didnt even invite them for the dinner eviction nite nor did he let others say goodbye to him --- all the while saying "Its just a game." Fact of the matter is, Crappy and his crew isn't treating this like "just a game" and their utter hypocrisy is the only thing one should be blaming for the uprising against him and in favour of the underdog that Eric discounted as his ottoman the first week.

I think because most people are so hell bent on proving Kaysar the perfect idol of reality tv that it irks others. By no means is Kaysar perfect, heck, I hated the way he gloated at times about being the most intelligent person there or how he got into Janelle's space when she is obviously into Mike but I'd much rather take the endearing dork with a heart of gold than a hot head who just uses his occupation and family status to emotionally blackmail ppl. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRising
    If someone caught HC today, one of the callers pointed out that last night around 1 am big brother time someone ripped someone else's panties? Did anyone catch that part?

It was James. Sarah got up to go to the bathroom and James got up and opened the top drawer next to the bed and ripped someone's panties. Gretchen and Marcellas think it may be where Janelle keeps her things.

Wow, did you guys catch Gretchen's feminist rants in the last two episodes. Calm down sister.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRising
    By no means is Kaysar perfect, heck, I hated the way he gloated at times about being the most intelligent person there or how he got into Janelle's space when she is obviously into Mike but I'd much rather take the endearing dork with a heart of gold than a hot head who just uses his occupation and family status to emotionally blackmail ppl. JMHO
    A most excellent post. I couldn't put my finger on why I disliked Eric, but you pretty much nailed it. Both he and Kaysar are arrogant, but Eric tips the scales of contempt by being a hypocrite.

As for House Calls, I LOVE the fact that Marcellas and Gretchen are biased and opinionated. They ask the questions I'd ask.

The only time I get frustrated is when they're finally faced with someone they've bashed all season (Scott) and they turn to mush. I want a smackdown!
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    A most excellent post. I couldn't put my finger on why I disliked Eric, but you pretty much nailed it. Both he and Kaysar are arrogant, but Eric tips the scales of contempt by being a hypocrite.
    Yep, Kaysar is politely arrogant, which I can tolerate, while Eric is an arrogant bully, which I can't. Plus, I really hate it when people are arrogant with nothing to be arrogant about. At least Kaysar's reasonably bright.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread