+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 108

Thread: 8/22 Live Feed Discussion

  1. #41
    FORT Fogey HappyH0ur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,765
    If CB is put up tomorrow then it will show how much the girls in this house are hypocrites. The reasoning behind putting CB up is hes a pawn and hes slipped far into the game by riding behind others. Well first off Karen has done less than CB in this house and shes just getting off scott free. How can Karen be playing the game when he does nothing. You got Diane who floats from alliance to alliance, plays people like puppets while she sits around in the back and hookup with Drew and then be a part of the game. Now Nak is going to go after her brother because Diane will be mad if Drew is put up? We all know Drew is the better pick here. If somehow CB is voted out then it hurts Nak/Karen in the game cause the twins are still there and they still have Drew and Diane won't be far behind. If Drew is somehow voted out then the twins are still there but they have CB who is far weaker then Drew.

  2. #42
    FORT Newbie munster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    10
    I disagree. I think CB is the way to go. This whole he's her brother thing is bs anyway. They have no connection other than what man spawned them. He was part of the original alliance of the boys. Sure Drew was too but at least Drew is willing to deviate from the original alliance - unlike CB. He supports both the last alliance and now the one with the twins. Putting him up is a definite way to get rid of one vote for the twin.

    It makes no sense to put Drew up. IMO

    And I wanted to add - he's also more disturbing to look at and listen to.

  3. #43
    Free Spirit butterflygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Trust me, this year there is a night and day difference between what is happening on the live feeds and what is shown on television. Not only are the conversations being edited and rearranged, but the events are not being shown sequentially, the producers are showing incorrect inferences, and more. I'm sure you're fully aware of this because you've had feeds before and you're aware of the editing process, but... this year is honestly the biggest difference I have ever seen between the show and feeds.

    Without running to my TIVO to transcribe the entire conversation, Nat and A were having a discussion about who they would rather have sitting in the sequester house; someone that liked them and would talk nicely, or someone that hated them and would poison every other jury member. They at no time on the live feeds said "I want Will out because he will be nicer to me in sequester" nor did they say "I don't want Marvin in the sequester house because he will talk nasty about me the entire time." While Marvin can be a pain in the butt, the twins honestly enjoy his sense of humor and his honesty. They don't know that he's bitching about him behind their backs so it wouldnt have beent the first thing on their mind that he, more than Will, would be the worst one to have sitting in sequester.

    It's kind of difficult to sit here and listen to someone tell me what I've seen on the feeds. Just as anything that I post here in the discussion forum is tinged with my own personal opinion and feelings about the people... the same thing happens depending upon who is doing the transcribing and writing and the same thing happens on all of the other BB boards out there in cyberland. Two people can watch the same thing and interpret the tone of someone's voice differently (ever read the Amazing Race board????) For that reason, if you're only basing your knowledge of what's going on in the house from what people say in the forums and the little bits of transcripts that some of us have time to transcribe on the transcripts thread.... then you are really doing yourself a disservice to think that you have a solid grasp on the houseguests' personalities and motivations. Catniptoy, hepcat, EXlurker, LAGuy, slw, and the others have done an amazing job lately of catching a fabulous amount of detail, but even they would tell you that there are things that they've missed.

    Off of my

    Yes, everything seems out of sequence. The DR confessionals give that away.

    When the twins were discussing who to nominate, there was a discussion and it was played for National TV - it was Nat and A discussing Marvin being in sequester for so long and then basically poisoning everyone. They felt like he would not be a person to evict at that time. (I assure you that this was indeed said.) Then Will's name came up and they thought he would be a better person to be in sequester. That is fine if you did not see it but it did take place for everyone watching the show to see plus I had already read all about the whole thing in several transcripts. Sorry. I have no idea what you are referring to about the Amazing Race but that is cool. I have a grasp on what I "need to know" through the show, this forum and others. I know what I need to know to base my opinions on. My opinions differ from yours and others but that is ok. We are all watching with a different set of eyes.

  4. #44
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    15
    I saw that conversation as well on the show - have it on tape. They did single out Will as the best alternative for the sequester house because they thought Marvin would bash them.

  5. #45
    Helplessly Hoping AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,879
    If Diane had stayed true to the twin alliance than Drew's reasoning in getting rid of Will was sound. As I believe he stated it, you can get rid of one guy with no alliances or one guy with a alliance of three. So you can have three people united coming at you. Or two and one.

    But honestly, I don't think it would have made a difference either way. I think the only chance the twins had was if Nat/Drew/CB got Hoh. And that didn't happen.

    If Diane hadn't flipped, then the remaining alliances after this week, the twin alliance would have had three to the GPA two. But her flipping puts the balence back in the GPA alliance.

    Diane is interesting. She set the balls in motion that got Will evicted. She put the bug into Adria to put him up. And I do think that that was deliberate. Then she stoked Will's anger that ultimately led him to be the one to go. She then campaigned for him to stay. Anyway it went, her stock with the GPA alliance would have gone up. With Will gone, they need her as thier third. If Will had stayed, he would have owed her for saving him by swaying Drew's vote. It appears that she is trying to be a puppet master. But many people can see the strings and noone has called her on it. Will it bite her on the butt or will she skate by?
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

  6. #46
    Free Spirit butterflygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    665

    Thank You!

    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherBigMouth
    I saw that conversation as well on the show - have it on tape. They did single out Will as the best alternative for the sequester house because they thought Marvin would bash them.

    Thank you! I did not think that "I just made all of this up". Thank you for letting me know that I was not losing my mind.
    Last edited by butterflygirl; 08-22-2004 at 11:52 PM.

  7. #47
    Free Spirit butterflygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by AsIs
    If Diane had stayed true to the twin alliance than Drew's reasoning in getting rid of Will was sound. As I believe he stated it, you can get rid of one guy with no alliances or one guy with a alliance of three. So you can have three people united coming at you. Or two and one.

    But honestly, I don't think it would have made a difference either way. I think the only chance the twins had was if Nat/Drew/CB got Hoh. And that didn't happen.

    If Diane hadn't flipped, then the remaining alliances after this week, the twin alliance would have had three to the GPA two. But her flipping puts the balence back in the GPA alliance.

    Diane is interesting. She set the balls in motion that got Will evicted. She put the bug into Adria to put him up. And I do think that that was deliberate. Then she stoked Will's anger that ultimately led him to be the one to go. She then campaigned for him to stay. Anyway it went, her stock with the GPA alliance would have gone up. With Will gone, they need her as thier third. If Will had stayed, he would have owed her for saving him by swaying Drew's vote. It appears that she is trying to be a puppet master. But many people can see the strings and noone has called her on it. Will it bite her on the butt or will she skate by?
    Diane is playing a crazy game. It is going to be fun to see how this all pans out!

  8. #48
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflygirl
    Thank you! I don't like being made to think that "I just made all of this up". Thank you for letting me know that I was not losing my mind.
    That's okay - lose mine repeatedly, that's why I keep in in a lockbox (LOL) & put everything I want to remember on paper or tape!

  9. #49
    FORT Fogey Noreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Reading your thoughts
    Posts
    2,297
    No one person except maybe Catniptoy could possible capture every word said especially with the twins who IMO are impossible to understand at times. And I agree expressions and gestures play an important part in the opinion each person reporting any event can be a difference between mean or they were joking. Feeds time out in the middle of a sentence or we have bad audio, Fish flashing when people are talking is common.
    I don't try to transcribe because it's to hard for me. I just like to give people that don't have the feeds some information to go by because last year I didn't have the feeds and was always looking for tidbits of what was happening.

    I think everyone on the boards know this is a game, and the players are contending for TV time for their own personal agenda. Does anyone take this seriously??
    CBS needs to tell a 3X a week story, they really don't care how factual or in which order the events
    Karen made a comment a few weeks ago, that she was praised in the DR for a certain speech she made, that made her very happy, she was as delighed as if she got an A on her report card.

  10. #50
    Free Spirit butterflygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by hood6996
    If CB is put up tomorrow then it will show how much the girls in this house are hypocrites. The reasoning behind putting CB up is hes a pawn and hes slipped far into the game by riding behind others. Well first off Karen has done less than CB in this house and shes just getting off scott free. How can Karen be playing the game when he does nothing. You got Diane who floats from alliance to alliance, plays people like puppets while she sits around in the back and hookup with Drew and then be a part of the game. Now Nak is going to go after her brother because Diane will be mad if Drew is put up? We all know Drew is the better pick here. If somehow CB is voted out then it hurts Nak/Karen in the game cause the twins are still there and they still have Drew and Diane won't be far behind. If Drew is somehow voted out then the twins are still there but they have CB who is far weaker then Drew.

    I think everyone agrees that Karen and Cowboy have both been under the radar and riding coattails but honestly, Nk cannot put Karen or Diane on the block because she needs their votes. I believe she cannot totally trust Marvin since he is his own alliance and could vote any way - too unpredictable. She cannot put up Drew because Cowboy made a promise to take him out and also because Marvin could end up voting Drew out since Drew will be a threat to Marvin. Cowboy is the logical choice. Adria is the one that said she does not put up pawns. The GPA never said that. They have done it and so have the 4 Horsemen. I believe Nk has made it known to everyone that she wants one of the twins to be evicted so her only choice is to put up Cowboy since he is a vote for Drew or someone from her own alliance. He cannot promise her anything or give her anything - she will make sure he knows he is simply a pawn to get out one of the twins. She never said she did not use pawns - those were Adria's words. I honestly wish Nk never would have told Cowboy that she would never put him up because when he was a member of the 4 Horseman and it was Nk and Holly on the block, thanks to Drew, Nk was going to get evicted and Cowboy would have done nothing and did not do anything to stop it from happening. Nk won POV and took herself off the block and then Drew put up Adria. Nk had to save herself - Cowboy did nothing to save her. He even tried to bully her and tell her what to do when the 4 Horseman were in power - she owes him absolutely nothing, brother or not.
    Last edited by butterflygirl; 08-23-2004 at 12:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.