+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/22 Live Feed Discussion

Trust me, unfortunately I know all about the editing. Change of subject, one of my bestfriends was on The Bachelor. Back to topic, I had the live feeds but the hamsters don't get up until late in the day (my time) and they do not go to sleep until I am almost getting up in the morning - so I was missing half of what was going on anyway. That is why I have been keeping up with everything on the show, this forum, and several others (shhh!). I have not read anything in the transcripts on any of these forums that change what I saw from the 2 minute convo with the twins. I feel and still believe her intention was to get Will out from the very beginning but that is my opinion and it is based on what I saw and the way she handled everything afterwards and went a little "nuts" on everyone. She got her tie - broke it - evicted Will - and is now paying for it. That's the way I see it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions because we all see everything differently.

HP - The answer would be "No". Everyone watching knows that Nk wants one of the twins to go this week - nothing she says against Cowboy would change that since she is out for revenge and has made no secret about it. Nk has no reason to "respect" Cowboy so YES he is "useless to her". I don't see why any of the HG would respect the way he is playing the game. I don't even know why Nk ever told him she would never put him on the block when he plays the game riding everyone else's coattails, voting against the group to keep Jase in, switching alliances to the Twins, and once one of the twins is gone, it will be interesting to see how long that alliance stays in tact and where he goes next - I hope he is evicted by that point. Nk has been very nice to him, even gave him that picture of his Dad. What has Cowboy done for her??? Nothing that I have seen. I really don't see where he does anything for anyone except vote the way he is told by his precious Jase and now Adria. He is the reason that Nk is going to have to put him up because he went and made an alliance with the Twins but cannot be trusted not to vote out Drew. He is a snake as far as I am concerned - I cannot stand the way he is always "lying low", flirting with the twins, and on "security" (spy duty) in the house. He is a snake - they all are at this point in the game - that is how you have to play the game at this point now that the house is divided and the 4 Horsemen are no more. He can blame his sister all he wants on being put up on the block but he has done nothing for her and he has not sided with her at all in this game. She should have never told him so long ago that she would never put him up because they all risk having to put each other up at some point at the game - once you lose half the house, who do you put up??? Not the people in your own alliance. So it is really his own fault that he is going up since she cannot trust his vote for one of the twins and she cannot trust him not to vote out Drew, either - maybe that is why she thinks of him as a "snake". She has no intentions of getting him out of the house - she has already made it perfectly clear that her mission is to get out one of the twins. He is going to be a pawn so it really does not matter - he will be safe another week.
    Last edited by butterflygirl; 08-22-2004 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs
    Actually the decision between Marvin and Will swung back and forth several times. It was Drew pointing out that Will was the bigger threat to the plan that convinced A to vote him out. She was more disgusted with Marvin, but Drew pointed out that Marvin is a man of one. Will is a alliance of three (at that time). What Drew didn't know what that Diane had already jumped ship.

Thanks AsIs - did not know Drew was doing that - lots to think about on that one since he was so "torn" on his vote. Drew is jumping from alliance to alliance and playing a little dirtier than I realized.

Drew was wrong. Will was not the bigger threat at that point in the game. If Marvin had gotten HOH when Jase left, he would not have hesitated in putting up the twins. The Trio, including Will, did want the Twins out but not yet.

The twins have spent the last two days whispering about a plan to convince NK she was wrong to put them up. At this point they are trying to come up with a foolproof speech to sway her vote. (they have picked Marvin to go). They want to promise if they get HOH next week, she is safe, no hard feelings.

The part I don't understand is why they think NK cares about them, don't they understand most of anything they have said to her or will say to her only makes it worse.

I don't understand why they think they are so right. If this was a baseball game the season would be long over before they decided on the first play.

I don't hate them I just don't understand them.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Think of it this way: did Adria really put up Will because everyone came to her and said they loved him? Of course not. She weighed the merits of putting several people up in the pawn position. She was suspicious of Will, Karen and Nakomis' reactions after the HOH comp (thanks to Diane, mostly). She thought Karen would wig out, Nakomis was too close to the twins, and Will she saw as a sweetheart who never put out any effort to win anything. I think her intent was just like she said, to "shake them up." She was trying to teach Will that he had to start putting out some effort to be in the house, not ride her coattails.

This was my impression of the decision from watching the feeds. It's also important that they have less than 24 hours to make their decision, so it's not like they could spend a few days interviewing everyone.

Edited to add: I meant to say, somewhere in there they talked about if it had to go Will's way, he'd be a beneficial person on the jury compared to Karen or Marvin. I agree with Butterflygirl that it played a part in their decision.
    Thanks for the info Hepcat. I agree with your point on the HOH having less than 24 hours to make up their minds - that does not give you much time to take in everyone's opinions and then really decide what is best for yourself in the long run without putting a huge target on your back. Adria put a huge target on her back and her sister's by nominating Will and then evicting him. She should have stuck to Marvin because the house would have evicted him and she would not have a huge target on her and her sister. Marvin is much more of a threat to her than she even knows - maybe they need some lessons from Drew on using candy and cheeze its to make your nominations decision - just kidding!!!! I would love to have the live feeds since reading Noreen telling us that Adria or Nat - can't remember which, is going to go and talk to Nk about a girl alliance. Isn't that what she had before she evicted Will???
    Last edited by butterflygirl; 08-22-2004 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    The twins have spent the last two days whispering about a plan to convince NK she was wrong to put them up. At this point they are trying to come up with a foolproof speech to sway her vote. (they have picked Marvin to go). They want to promise if they get HOH next week, she is safe, no hard feelings.

The part I don't understand is why they think NK cares about them, don't they understand most of anything they have said to her or will say to her only makes it worse.

I don't understand why they think they are so right. If this was a baseball game the season would be long over before they decided on the first play.

I don't hate them I just don't understand them.

I was rooting for them all the way, (they are from my hometown) until they really messed up the game for themselves and put a huge target on their backs by going against their alliance and not getting Marvin or Cowboy out. Now they have taken poor little Cowboy in as their own. I don't hate them but I don't understand them either. Trust me, they are going to pull everything out of their hats this week to try and stay in this game. It should make for "good TV" as Jase would put it. Gotta run everyone - talk to you later!
    Last edited by butterflygirl; 08-22-2004 at 08:50 PM.

I'm sure God has heard their prayers, he just said NO.
    I sure would hate to be married to someone who only sees their side, and will talk a blue streak to prove their point. I'm not sure at this point who they are trying to get on their side, the internet? Because talking to each other is getting them nowhere fast.

I'm sure God has heard their prayers, he just said NO.
    That's good

So has it been decided that Cowboy is going up?
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Of course nothing is for sure (as we have learned), until the words come out of their mouths at the ceremony. As of right now it's Cowboy.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflygirl
    What is in the "live feeds" that is so different from the conversation that we saw on TV??? She and her sister both agreed that they did not want Marvin in sequester and they wanted Will there instead. Then her nominations went just like the conversation. I know things get edited but if she was really going off of someone's reactions, it would have been Marvin.
    Trust me, this year there is a night and day difference between what is happening on the live feeds and what is shown on television. Not only are the conversations being edited and rearranged, but the events are not being shown sequentially, the producers are showing incorrect inferences, and more. I'm sure you're fully aware of this because you've had feeds before and you're aware of the editing process, but... this year is honestly the biggest difference I have ever seen between the show and feeds.

Without running to my TIVO to transcribe the entire conversation, Nat and A were having a discussion about who they would rather have sitting in the sequester house; someone that liked them and would talk nicely, or someone that hated them and would poison every other jury member. They at no time on the live feeds said "I want Will out because he will be nicer to me in sequester" nor did they say "I don't want Marvin in the sequester house because he will talk nasty about me the entire time." While Marvin can be a pain in the butt, the twins honestly enjoy his sense of humor and his honesty. They don't know that he's bitching about him behind their backs so it wouldnt have beent the first thing on their mind that he, more than Will, would be the worst one to have sitting in sequester.

It's kind of difficult to sit here and listen to someone tell me what I've seen on the feeds. Just as anything that I post here in the discussion forum is tinged with my own personal opinion and feelings about the people... the same thing happens depending upon who is doing the transcribing and writing and the same thing happens on all of the other BB boards out there in cyberland. Two people can watch the same thing and interpret the tone of someone's voice differently (ever read the Amazing Race board????) For that reason, if you're only basing your knowledge of what's going on in the house from what people say in the forums and the little bits of transcripts that some of us have time to transcribe on the transcripts thread.... then you are really doing yourself a disservice to think that you have a solid grasp on the houseguests' personalities and motivations. Catniptoy, hepcat, EXlurker, LAGuy, slw, and the others have done an amazing job lately of catching a fabulous amount of detail, but even they would tell you that there are things that they've missed.

Off of my
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Noreen, I think they are basing Nk's opinion of them as what she has shown them, not her alliance mates and the audience. To their face, unless I have missed it, she has not been confrontational at all. The GPA talks a lot of confrontation, but other than Will leaving the house they are very poor on executing it.

Still, the twins are a bit dense. Putting both of them up on the block should have been a huge wake up call that she was ticked with them.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread