+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/19 Live Feed Discussion

I think the ironing order was Drew, Will and last Di.

ETA: A in green tee shirt, Cowboy telling her the bed he is in will be hers tonight.
    Love his confidance.
    Last edited by Noreen; 08-19-2004 at 06:42 PM.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Ok, so let's go over this... if Diane effectively nailed W's coffin, made Mv a known enemy of the twins, outed the twin's as 'dangerous', and has made the houseguests believe that her relationship with Dr is going to be broken off on their own terms, then she is the best player in the house, IMO. She's effectively turned all of the houseguests against each other, both sides think she's with them, and if she needs to get out of a pinch she's always got her Drew. Very effective game-play.

Just now getting on the boards for today, and yes, I was wondering why I was compelled to buy TWO big bags of M&M's yesterday! Thanks to the FORT for clearing that up.

I'm hoping Will goes tonight just to see Karen go into total meltdown!

Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    Ok, so let's go over this... if Diane effectively nailed W's coffin, made Mv a known enemy of the twins, outed the twin's as 'dangerous', and has made the houseguests believe that her relationship with Dr is going to be broken off on their own terms, then she is the best player in the house, IMO. She's effectively turned all of the houseguests against each other, both sides think she's with them, and if she needs to get out of a pinch she's always got her Drew. Very effective game-play.
    I think I have to agree. If she's doing it conciously it's great game play. She's taken a target off her back as a member of an alliance of two and shifted all focus to the twins. From the other side, I'm not so sure. I don't know that she's got the twins convinced she's with them. If Natalie were to get HOH, I wouldn't bet on her not at least questioning Di's loyalty. Plus, for now she gets to keep canoodling with Drew without anyone REALLY getting all hot and bothered about it.

I don't think Nakomis has played too smart this week. She's shown herself as being totally with Karen and Will and effectively lost any chance of alligning again with the twins in the future. She should have banked on Will leaving and played it more down the middle of the road. Now, if Will is gone, she's left with Karen who is not only a complete loose cannon, but also completely ineffective in HOH competitions. She's WAY too scared to actually win HOH and I think she will continue to throw it.

From the transcripts:
    Quote Originally Posted by belvedeere
    BB voice said everyone go to the living room "in the seats I gave you before"????? The BB staff places people in certain seats??? Anyone catch that?
    belvedeere - I think they practice a lot of things related to the live show such as HOH comps. and live votes. In doing so, BB must actually tell them exactly where to sit. I don't think I ever realized that before, but it's kind of interesting. Do you think they do it every week for the live show, or just because they're doing the live vote?

The fact they are doing assigned seating is very disturbing. I always thought people sit with the people they want to sit with. If they are orchestrating the seating to give off a certain impression about people's alliances, that is very disingenuous and ethically questionable.

I agree, belvedeere, but nevertheless it is a fact that reality shows are extremely manipulated. I love them, don't get me wrong, and I cling to the fact that no producer or anyone else can predict or force people to act a certain way, but on the other hand, certain behaviors are pretty predictable.

If you're a Bachelor watcher, you'll be amazed at this; (if you're not, you probably won't care!) it's a great example of the manipulation. When last season's guy, Jesse, was visiting the Texan girls' house...I forget her name, but I LOVED her.....and Jesse was freaked out because of the "shrine" her parents had of her pageant pictures, tiaras, etc, and that her father would only talk about the pageants as if he was a pitiful man and was obsessed with his daughter being a beauty queen.......well, it turns out that the producers TOLD her family to drag all the pageant stuff out of the attic and set it up, and to talk to Jesse all about her pageant days!!! :rolleyes I was so disillusioned.....I had no idea they were THAT manipulative.

Sorry for veering off of BB so far....

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    By the way, am I the only one that has bought a big bag of M&Ms?
    I haven't bought any m&m's but I sure wanted to! Instead I have been craving eveything that is chocolate in my appartment.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by belvedeere
    If they are orchestrating the seating to give off a certain impression about people's alliances, that is very disingenuous and ethically questionable.
    Are you really shocked by this? I am almost positive they coach some of the houseguests in the DR at times.This is a game of deceit after all. Ethics? I never asociated ethics in any way with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by slw52403
    I don't think Nakomis has played too smart this week. She's shown herself as being totally with Karen and Will and effectively lost any chance of alligning again with the twins in the future. She should have banked on Will leaving and played it more down the middle of the road. Now, if Will is gone, she's left with Karen who is not only a complete loose cannon, but also completely ineffective in HOH competitions. She's WAY too scared to actually win HOH and I think she will continue to throw it.
    I agree that she hasn't played as smart this week as she has been. That said, I disagree with the idea that she's too scared to take HOH. I think that (especially if Will is gone) she'd be perfectly fine with it. She's played the "HOH as savior" role once: if the general attitude against the twins prevails, she can do it again. And I haven't seen anything while watching the feeds that makes me think she's turned off her brain. So I think she'll be all in.

-- Joe

+ Reply to Thread