+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/17 recap: "Twice as Sneaky, Half as Entertaining"

[/QUOTE]Also, it may not have yet occurred to young Drew that he probably has hair in his nose as well. [QUOTE]

Ah hah hah haaahhh! That was awesome!

Kristen (fellow hillbilly- my Yankee mo-in-law doesn't understand why we don't think it's FUNNY when they make disparaging hillbilly jokes- I've tried to explain that hillbilly is NOT a term of affection)
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

FORT Newbie
    Ad-ri-a-tal-ie?

Anyway, that was a fun-read. =D

Excellent recap, too many moments to quote!!

Jahim: The way I pronounce it is A-dree-atuh-lee.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

In case you're still confused, each week the HoH, and each nominee pick someone they hope will be loyal to them to compete in the veto comp. They play individually, not as teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Will enters the house – probably looking for his superhero cape –
    Now I've got that image in my head!

Great recap Lucy!!
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Hilarious recap Lucy. I laughed through the whole thing and have some images in my head that will never come out.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

You quoted Lewis Grizzard! Lucy, anyone that would put a Lewis Grizzard quote in her recap doesn't have to admit she's a hillbilly. It's redundant.

Awesome recap!! My favorite part HAD to be trying to break the Jesus alliance. You rock, my fellow hillbilly.

When the highlight of the hour is listening for Marvinisms, well….that’s an hour of your life you’re just not going to get back.

Jase is gone, and it’s apparent that the remaining house guests feel he’s been replaced by the two-headed hydra of Adria/Natalie, or Adriatalie.

Maybe he could team up with Will, and they could be the new superhero duo: The Black and The Gay, swooping in to talk smack wherever smack needs talking.

Except maybe Drew and Diane, who probably wouldn’t get out of bed and participate in anything in the house if they didn’t have to.

If he’s been targeted by Jesus… well, what do you do about that? How do you break that alliance? I suppose he could go around telling others, “Well, Adria said Jesus said to vote me off. But what she doesn’t know is last week Jesus told me he replaced her personality with Styrofoam peanuts, and she hasn’t noticed yet. Do you want to let a Styrofoam peanut win this game? Think about it.”

She might as well get a stick and go poke a PMSing porcupine.

Will runs down and finds the golden M&M – which is the size of a fist, which means Marvin was right – and the three winners high-five each other.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Marvin terms her praise an “asinine speech,” which sounds kinky but really isn’t, and props to Marvin for knowing that word. Fewer props to Will, who calls it the “sappiest, most fakest speech” he’s heard in a while. That’s the most ungrammatical sentence I’ve heard since … well, the last time Cowboy opened his mouth.

Outside, Will goes up to Marvin and notes that Adria nominated “the black and the gay.” They don’t mention that she also nominated the only two men in the house with half a brain. Sure, “black” and “gay” are minorities in most of the country, but trust me, in that house, “intelligent” is a minority as well.

I could tell you where the divisions are right now, Adria. You and Natalie are on one side, everyone else is on the other. Except maybe Drew and Diane, who probably wouldn’t get out of bed and participate in anything in the house if they didn’t have to. As we shall see….now.

This is the number of “vetoes” they have, and the person with the most vetoes wins. The catch is, at the end there’s a chance for someone to steal a gift from someone else. I think my mom does this with her church friends around Christmas time. But they typically bring the sort of gifts you *don’t* want to get, like a three-foot-tall ceramic pony. Which is now hidden in my old bedroom, awaiting my mother’s chance to give it back next Christmas.

Marvin gets nose-hair clippers. I’m thinking he should donate them to Drew, who can certainly find a use for them. Also, it may not have yet occurred to young Drew that he probably has hair in his nose as well. On second thought, since he doesn’t see the clippers and freak out, he probably already has some of his own.
    I missed the show but I know your recap is better, it was hilarious all the way through. Thanks for the excellent recap Lucy.

John Stamos For President Bob_Saget_Fan's Avatar
    I always thought Jase looked like a tall Seth Green.

Jase is gone, and it’s apparent that the remaining house guests feel he’s been replaced by the two-headed hydra of Adria/Natalie, or Adriatalie.

Adria assures Will that he is still in her good graces – “things,” evidently, were “revealed to me in my prayers.” Oh, well, then. That’s reassuring. Adria adds that Will should not worry about being voted out – he’s just a pawn to get Marvin out of the house.

Drew has just told us he still thinks “women are the devil,” if that offers any clue to his state of mind. More shots of Drew and Diane making out, this time in front of the rest of the house, which would appall me if I were a houseguest.

Here’s another thing I’m not sure Jesus involves Himself in – Drew’s body hair. Evidently the boy is obsessed with eliminating all traces of hair from his body, including – we’re told dramatically by Will and Karen – his pubic region. Yes, friends and neighbors, the boy shaves down there. While this is not at all something I needed to know, I’m not sure why everyone’s making such a big deal about it. In this day and age, a bit of manscaping is to be expected. (Yes, men. It IS.)

What I do find strange is that Drew also shaves his chest, his armpits, and his stomach. And plucks his eyebrows. I think this is going a bit too far, especially since Drew shows no signs of being especially hairy by nature. He looks like the sort who has about five chest hairs anyway. Will tells us Drew seems to be afraid of hair, while Diane tells us this is her dream man. My own personal dream man would not be not fixated on his own body to quite this extent, nor would he be as hairless as a baby rat. But to each her own.

Natalie – who doesn’t seem to talk to anyone *but* Adria, has anyone else noticed that? I haven’t seen her speak to a soul on her own – says if Adria wants Marvin gone, leave the eliminations as they are.

Adria says she was looking for Marvin to play the game – i.e. use the opportunity she’s giving him to beg for mercy.

Unlike Will, though, Marvin appears to have no compunction about being passive-aggressive. He stomps around muttering imprecations about Adria, who is nowhere near him, then says loudly, “You hear me talking in there, hillbilly girl?” Hey, easy there, slick. Listen, some people take “hillbilly” as a disparaging word. I realize that Marvin meant it as such, but I’m just pointing out that it’s actually offensive to many people. Just a PSA from this hillbilly girl to you.
    Thanks, Lucy, for the great recap. I am in the minority, apparently thinking it was one of the better episodes I've seen so far. I just can't get enough of Marvin letting it all hang out.

I was so fixated on Adria's prayer time revelation that I blocked out the fact that she'd told Will she wasn't really targeting him. Thanks for the memory nudge.

I'm glad I reread your recap, I couldn't recall where I'd seen the notation regarding Natalie seeming to avoid the others. I hadn't really noticed it until you pointed it out.

I hope you don't mind quotations from your recap being used elsewhere, there are points about Drew you raise that I'd like to examine further.

Thanks again for the time and effort, and sharing your powers of observation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast