+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother All-Stars

Big Brother All-Stars

I was just wondering what my fabulous FORT people thought of an ALL-Star version of Big Brother....commments,questions ,observations? Would you watch it,or would you be against it? Could you imagine....

Monica (BB2)
    Danielle (BB3)
    Nicole(BB2)
    Holly(BB5)
    Roddy(BB3)
    Will(BB2)
    Jase(BB5)
    Jordan(BB1)
    Will Mega(BB1)
    Alison(BB4)
    David(BB4)
    Marcellas(BB3)
    Jun(BB4)
    Karen(BB5)
    Eddie(BB1)

as your cast for All-Stars?
    Last edited by mrcorkles; 08-07-2004 at 07:27 PM.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Survivor All-Stars was enough. Though I would watch it, I would rather have a new cast.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Survivor All-Stars didn't turn out so good, so I'd definitely be against any other all-stars version of a show.

But I'd still watch it.

FORT Fan
    (mostly) X-posted from the Big Brother 6 thread...

Don't get me wrong, I am very curious how Marcellus and Will (BB5) would act in the house together, and Jack was my all time favorite. And I was really rooting for Danielle when her season was on.
    BUT,
    this is a shot at half a million dollars.
    A once a year shot at that.
    This is a country of 300 million people, plenty of whom are just as, if not more, interesting that those we've already seen. Besides, some of us, myself included, would like to actually be on the show. Simply as a fan who'd like to participate, I'd be somewhat irked if they took people who have already had a shot at the money and let them have a second shot while telling the rest of us to wait 2 years just one shot.
    That said, if some show failed miserablely on CBS's fall line-up and they slapped together an all-star show as a replacement, still keeping the ususal game in the summer, I'd watch. Or maybe if they just filtered in a few previous players into the next cast. Say, make the show 3 weeks longer and use 12 new people and 5 old people, one from each season, that would be interesting.

I'm just always biased against shows that bring back losers to play again at the expense of allowing new people to try.
    I'm also biased against producers that are that lazy.

And I wouldn't watch if Jase or Holly came back. I've seen that train-wreck, I couldn't and wouldn't sit through it again. The only reason I halfway watched Survivor All-Stars was Rupert. As for the rest, they'd already had their spotlight as far as I was concerned. I couldn't care one whit, not a single whit mind you, if I ever saw them again or not.

I would like to see this show, depending on who they put in the house. It would be great to see it on the off season, during the long fall-winter or winter-spring time. I'd like to see the ones that got voted off before the jury pool from the seasons. Then maybe throw in a favorite from each season.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    I was just wondering what my fabulous FORT people thought of an ALL-Star version of Big Brother....commments,questions ,observations? Would you watch it,or would you be against it? Could you imagine....

Monica (BB2)
    Danielle (BB3)
    Nicole(BB2)
    Holly(BB5)
    Roddy(BB3)
    Will(BB2)
    Jase(BB5)
    Jordan(BB1)
    Will Mega(BB1)
    Alison(BB4)
    David(BB4)
    Marcellas(BB3)
    Jun(BB4)
    Karen(BB5)
    Eddie(BB1)

as your cast for All-Stars?
    David didn't do crap's worth except have sex with Amanda and act like a 2-yo in the house. I like Nicole and Roddy of all time but would rather see fresh faces.

I've been wondering if they will ever do a BB ALL STARS and I bet they do.
    I'd love to see it!

I'd like to see:
    Wil Kirby (BB2)
    Nathan (BB4)
    Britney (BB1)
    Eddie (BB1) (What happened to him anyway?!)
    Mike Boogie (BB2)
    Nicole (BB2)
    Scott (BB5)
    Jase (BB5)

FORT Fan
    Out of curiosity, what constitutes an All-Star? Not just for this, but for any reality show?

Good popularity? Bad popularity? Good game strategy? Well-liked? Hated? Eye candy? Power player? Air time? Producer's favorite? Duration in the game? Someone who already won the game once before? Situational dynamics?
    Is an all-star an all-star because of their own personality or because of the cast around them? Would an all-star in one season be an all-star in another? (Survivor is the prime example. Some of the people deemed All-stars in their seasons were just boring and useless once grouped with other all-stars.)

Take Scott for example. Scott may have been a central, focal, power player in season 5, but why should I care to see him again. Half his attraction and strategy in the game was his lies. Now that he's been exposed, and other all-stars would know who he was, what he was like, his lies, and his strategies, would he even be "fun" in the dynamics of a different cast? Would Jase?(Though, I'll admit, I liked tonight's Desparate-Jase personality much better than Power-Jase's personality.)

I guess I'm just curious, not just to who you would cast, but why you would cast them.

Shapiro said on "House Calls" that an All-Stars version, if one happens, would not be for several years more.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fan
    David didn't do crap's worth except have sex with Amanda and act like a 2-yo in the house.
    I agree, I don't understand David's appeal (I see some people with his pic and his being chosen for these lists). He had sex with Amanda. That made him attractive? I certainly don't think so.

Out of curiosity, what constitutes an All-Star? Not just for this, but for any reality show?
    Probably someone memorable. Either because they were well-liked or because of controversary or because of their game-playing skills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast