+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big brother tape delayed?

Big brother tape delayed?

okay this happened to me last week on thursday and today i checked my tv guide on my tv's cable box and it sayd for thursdays big brother tape delayed any one else on the west coast have this problem? i didnt get to see Holly get evicted and i probly wont see who ever on thursday get evicted or any other big brother episodes on thursdays!?

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    For me last week, the Democratic convention was on at 8:00, and I waited for about ten minutes and then it ended and Big Brother came on.

oh thats why!!! i got home late and i thought it was going to be on at 9 but its on at 8 oookay thanks alrighty 10 mins is okay

FORT Fan
    I've noticed that many programs that air live on one coast but not the other will advise that it will be tape delayed. This just means that one coast (usually the West Coast) will not see it live.

Since BB5 airs live on Thursdays at 8 p.m. (eastern), that would make it 5 p.m. in the Pacific Time Zone. Since BB5 still airs at 8 p.m. on the West Coast, the networks will say it is tape delayed - which is just "tv speak" for it aired live somewhere else.

I had that problem when I lived in Phoenix. The only thing I ever saw live was sporting events. Even awards shows were not live. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    I had that problem when I lived in Phoenix. The only thing I ever saw live was sporting events. Even awards shows were not live. It sucks.
    I believe this is what is known as a West Coast bias. If they showed it live at 8pm on the West Coast then the East Coast would mostly be asleep since it would be 11pm. You folks out West already have the rest of the country waiting for 9pm to start Monday Night football so you can't have everything.

+ Reply to Thread