+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WCBS Viewers: Tonights Show On At 2:35 AM

Quote Originally Posted by MsFB
    Can you pick up the Connecticut cbs?
    We were able to watch at the regular time on a local station out of Huntington, WV.

Quote Originally Posted by LrcLinda
    Originally Posted by LrcLinda
    I was just scrolling through my tv schedule and noticed the same thing! Only my schedule shows that it will be on at 1:35 a.m. Damn Yankees!

NO..when I said "Damn Yankees" I was JOKING!!! I'm originally from New Jersey and like to hear that they have won. The CBS decision was made, most likely, because of a Contract they have, and because there just may be a few more Yankee fans than Big Brother fans. :-)
    I'm always happy to meet another fan of the Bronx Bombers. I'm originally from Manhattan. I was hoping you had been referring to the musical, "Damn Yankees," but I do try to respond to perceived Yankee bashing. I apologize for the my mistaken perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I'm always happy to meet another fan of the Bronx Bombers. I'm originally from Manhattan. I was hoping you had been referring to the musical, "Damn Yankees," but I do try to respond to perceived Yankee bashing. I apologize for the my mistaken perception.

You are forgiven. GO YANKEES!!!!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    This CBS decision is the fault of the Yankees??
    Yes, actually, it is. The Yankees have an exclusive contract where all of their games (can't remember whether it was strictly home games) are aired.

So yeah, the Yankees are to blame. They ruin many a normal programming schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Yes, actually, it is. The Yankees have an exclusive contract where all of their games (can't remember whether it was strictly home games) are aired.

So yeah, the Yankees are to blame. They ruin many a normal programming schedule.
    Oh, I didn't realize the networks were compelled to sign such agreements at gunpoint. Having worked for a major TV network for a number of years, I saw first-hand that they do what they perceive to be in the best interest of their bottom line.

As to ruining normal programming, so do political speeches, conventions, other major sports events, awards shows, etc., etc., ad nauseam. Some are worth pre-empting normal programmings; others aren't. Which is which would be a matter of personal preference, I think.

Hey can we get a thread retitle or something? "Tonight" is a floating target, and I almost freaked for a moment seeing it at the top again. Can't this just be renamed as a general "scheduling" topic if we're still talking here?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12