+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has Live Feeds changed your opinions?

Has Live Feeds changed your opinions?

For all of you who get the Live Feeds, has it changed your opinions of some of the houseguests? Would you have a totally different favourite to win if you didn't get the LFs? Are the houseguests portrayed pretty fairly on the show?

FORT Newbie
    Having the live feed, I'm definitely more paranoid about just how many twins are switching. Also, I like A. on the show, but seeing the feeds I can tell that she would wear on my last nerve if I had to live around her 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by cuervoandcookie
    Also, I like A. on the show, but seeing the feeds I can tell that she would wear on my last nerve if I had to live around her 24/7.
    With the feeds, you get annoyed with house guests a lot more than you do with the show, and she gets on my nerves just to watch so it'd be pretty bad living with her I imagine. Actually, the only ones who really don't get on my nerves are Will, Karen sometimes (when she isn't in her "gameplay" mode).. Lori when she was still in the house... Drew isn't so bad but he's just so dumb..

All in all though, I think the show is pretty genuine with how the house guests are portrayed. Most people who have the feeds don't like the 4H alliance and prefer the other one, and it's probably the same with the people who just watch the show. A lot of things are left out on the show but for the most part, the stuff that's needed or makes good TV is shown and those parts show the house guests as who they really are in the game.

I don't think the show does justice to just how nasty Jase is. You'll never see on the show that he peed on people's towels in the bedroom. You won't see most of the nasty, obnoxious comments that he makes. You didn't see how he truly acted during the endurance competition. You certainly don't see just how obsessed he is with Brad Pitt... you see it, but not to its fullest extent. You also don't see how convinced he is that he's going to be a big star once he gets out of the house.

On the show you also don't get to see quite how funny Nakomis is, nor how scheming Will and Karen are. I think the producers have truly only showed a mellowed down view of everyone.

When I first read this question I thought it said "Has Live Feeds Changed", so I was thinking about the very first live feeds that were exclusive to AOL. Did anyone watch those? Talk about choppy, addictive, and boring!

I would say to break this question down even more, Live feeds have changed over the seasons dramatically. The producers really narrow down what you can and can't see even in the LFs. I stopped getting live feeds in 2003 when I realized I was paying to count the leaves in the landscaping on the FOH feeds.

They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I don't think the show does justice to just how nasty Jase is. You'll never see on the show that he peed on people's towels in the bedroom. You won't see most of the nasty, obnoxious comments that he makes. You didn't see how he truly acted during the endurance competition. You certainly don't see just how obsessed he is with Brad Pitt... you see it, but not to its fullest extent. You also don't see how convinced he is that he's going to be a big star once he gets out of the house.

On the show you also don't get to see quite how funny Nakomis is, nor how scheming Will and Karen are. I think the producers have truly only showed a mellowed down view of everyone.
    He peed on people's towels!! How disgusting!! Did he get a penalty point for that or was it overlooked?
    The secret to being a good person is keeping the people who hate my guts from the people who haven't made up their minds yet.

Here's my summary of how I think the show/feeds shows people:

-Will: Show - Sweetness and light Feeds - VERY scheming
    -Karen: Show - Snarky, but harmless Feeds - Quite dangerous, maybe even a bit rabid. Bump up both the anger AND deciept scales for her by a LOT.
    -Nikomus: Show - Weird, outcast, barely there Feeds - Funny, witty, snarky, non-delusional, and with fairly clear "sight" of what's really going on
    - Jase: Show - Amusing arrogant pretty boy Feeds - Amusing arrogant pretty boy who tries pretty hard to hide some of his better qualities by trying to outdo Scott in the disgusting department. You can see occasionally he might not always be evil, but Scott and the 4 Tools bring it out of him MAJORLY.
    -Scott: Show - A toad Feeds - A MUCH larger toad, and rather disgusting to boot.
    -Marvin: Show - Sam Jackson, rated PG version Feeds - Sam Jackson, Rated R version, bordering on X.
    -CowPie: Show - kind of sweet, but dumb Feeds - No longer all that sweet, growing more arrogant each day, desperate for peer approval and to be "cool", and VERY dumb
    -Drew: Show - Shows a lot of him but never really pins him down Feeds - On the feeds it becomes obvious that besides being the object of a lot of HG lust, at times there isn't really all that much to him. He's a bit dull, a bit easily led, and often indecisive.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Here's my summary of how I think the show/feeds shows people:

-Will: Show - Sweetness and light Feeds - VERY scheming
    -Karen: Show - Snarky, but harmless Feeds - Quite dangerous, maybe even a bit rabid. Bump up both the anger AND deciept scales for her by a LOT.
    -Nikomus: Show - Weird, outcast, barely there Feeds - Funny, witty, snarky, non-delusional, and with fairly clear "sight" of what's really going on
    - Jase: Show - Amusing arrogant pretty boy Feeds - Amusing arrogant pretty boy who tries pretty hard to hide some of his better qualities by trying to outdo Scott in the disgusting department. You can see occasionally he might not always be evil, but Scott and the 4 Tools bring it out of him MAJORLY.
    -Scott: Show - A toad Feeds - A MUCH larger toad, and rather disgusting to boot.
    -Marvin: Show - Sam Jackson, rated PG version Feeds - Sam Jackson, Rated R version, bordering on X.
    -CowPie: Show - kind of sweet, but dumb Feeds - No longer all that sweet, growing more arrogant each day, desperate for peer approval and to be "cool", and VERY dumb
    -Drew: Show - Shows a lot of him but never really pins him down Feeds - On the feeds it becomes obvious that besides being the object of a lot of HG lust, at times there isn't really all that much to him. He's a bit dull, a bit easily led, and often indecisive.

It's funny because it is SO true.

+ Reply to Thread