+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endurance competition: what did the show leave out?

Endurance competition: what did the show leave out?

I didn't want to get too explicit in the title for this thread.

Here's what I saw:

It's 9 1/2 hours in. Jase & Diane aren't really budging. Jase is sliding his feet a lot, and I saw his toe lift once or twice very slightly. He slid his sweaty feet and settled with the round part of his heel hanging slightly over the edge. He got buzzed, they said they gave him plenty of chances. Diane defended him. Jase refused to let go of the button at first and they had to tell him more than once to let go.

Now, here's the TV version:

Jase lifts his foot and places it hanging a few inches off the back. He is buzzed, he accepts defeat gracefully.

Did it seem like they had to film it later with a more definite violation? Or maybe when they were arguing at the end Jase shifted his feet, and they spliced that in? Did he really lift his foot like that?

I don't necessarily trust my memory at that time of morning, so I'd love to hear your impressions of what we saw.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I don't remember Diane defending him. I think I remember her calling him out on it, saying "it's been like that all f-ing long". I don't get the DR saying that they gave him a lot of chances though as isn't that cheating? Jase's foot being over the edge for however long it was for Diane to notice and call him out on it before (because she did) and for the DR to notice and say they gave him a lot of chances with it. Shouldn't it be automatic elimination the first time?

Anyway, I was actually paying attention to Jase's expression after he was eliminated on the show because I capped a few of those pictures earlier, and the expression seems the same. I don't think they re-filmed it, they just cut out a lot of the middle (the time he was eliminated to the time when he stepped off the box).

I don't question that Jase deserved to lose. I definitely saw the toes lifting a few times, which they explicitly said was against the rules. I just wonder if they made it look more definite for the TV show.

When they buzzed him, he hadn't moved for a couple of minutes. It wasn't like he shifted, and they caught him at it and buzzed.

Diane said, "It's been like that all f-ing night." Just because I know a lot about Diane's demeanor, I took to mean she was sour it hadn't been called earlier, but it actually sounded like she was defending him, and Jase took it as support at the time. At least, that was my impression.

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I don't question that Jase deserved to lose. I definitely saw the toes lifting a few times, which they explicitly said was against the rules. I just wonder if they made it look more definite for the TV show.

When they buzzed him, he hadn't moved for a couple of minutes. It wasn't like he shifted, and they caught him at it and buzzed.

Diane said, "It's been like that all f-ing night." Just because I know a lot about Diane's demeanor, I took to mean she was sour it hadn't been called earlier, but it actually sounded like she was defending him, and Jase took it as support at the time. At least, that was my impression.
    I think during the show, I did notice Jase wiggling his toes/foot a little. I don't know what went on during the live feeds as I don't have them. When the buzz sound came on, he immediately took his finger off the button.
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will."

Well, if you're curious, I did do a recap of the endurance challenge. There were a lot of funny parts that they didn't show on the show. Jase refusing to let go at the end is just one of them. He's definitely a sore loser.

I read on Morty's TV that several of them peed on themselves, including Michael, Scott, and Jase?

TCW
    They cut a bunch. People Peeing on each other. People trying to cut deals. And Jase refusing to let go of the button, not believing he really had lost.

These are one of the reasons why it is nice to watch the feeds. They cut a lot of what goes on in the house. And they change it up quite a bit, showing DR scenes from weeks ago to explain something they are doing today. (you notice the different clothes or hair.)

FORT Fogey
    They never even showed the part where everyone gets ice cream except for Diane and Jase and A tells Diane she'll save her some. That entire part was cut out.

They also cut out the entire food competition part of the endurance challenge.

Some more notables they cut:

Marvin going through the garbage trying to get a tiny sip out of all the empty beer cans. (The beer was gone when he stepped off the block)

Jase really mad and cussing everyone because they didn't save him any pizza and he was trying to save their tushes.

I think the angle they showed on TV of Jase's foot was different than the one we were watching. I saw him raise a tad and his heel definitely hang over. The TV view seemed to me to be from the other side. But he did have part of his foot off the block and they said it had to stay on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast