+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Contestant Will Get All Soapy - **Possible Spoiler Info***

Big Brother Contestant Will Get All Soapy - **Possible Spoiler Info***

'Big Brother' Contestant Will Get All Soapy.

As if the contestants on "Big Brother 5" weren't already on TV enough, one of them will soon get to win a walk-on role in a soap opera. The winner of the reality show's annual you-get-to-leave-the-house-for-a-while challenge will step out of the "Big Brother" set and onto the set of "The Young and The Restless," CBS' long-running and popular daytime serial. The contestant will share a scene in the Genoa City Athletic Club with "Y&R" stars Michelle Stafford and Christian LeBlanc.

CBS soaps are making a habit of having the stars of unscripted shows on their sets. "Survivor" two-timer Colby Donaldson, "Amazing Race" winner Reichen Lehmkuhl and "America's Next Top Model" contestant Robbyne Manning have all appeared on "The Young and the Restless." Two other "Top Model" hopefuls, Catie Anderson and Mercedes Yvette, had cameos on "The Bold and the Beautiful" this week.

Once the winner has returned to the "Big Brother" house, his or her roommates will get to critique the performance. Host Julie Chen will preview the scene for the houseguests on the Thursday, July 26 edition of the show. The full episode is scheduled to air Monday, Aug. 30.
    http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|89677|1|,00.html

Sounds good! I guess this is what they will be doing instead of someone going to the VMAs ala Jun.

Though, yet again another plug for CBS.

PS maybe a spoiler warning should be posted.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    Host Julie Chen will preview the scene for the houseguests on the Thursday, July 26 edition of the show. The full episode is scheduled to air Monday, Aug. 30.

i was confused for a moment ... since this is august 1st and we hadn't seen a preview of it. then i realized they got their dates screwed up ... they're talking AUGUST 26, not july.

FORT Fogey
    good catch

How many of you were thinking of the naked soap bubble competition of last year when you read the thread title? *raising hand*

I bet they're sorry they lost Lori and Holly now. What if it's Marvin, wouldn't that be a hoot?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    *raises hand also with his head down in shame*

I thought it meant that Will, BB5 contestant, will be appearing in a soap and they just forgot the "s" on Get.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey
    That thought occurred to me as well mom

FORT Newbie
    Well I knew there would be something but I didn't even think about this.Who do you hope wins?

As of tonight (8/19, 9pm EST), you can vote for who you want to win the role for America's choice on the CBS site.

Y&R Welcomes One Big Brother HouseGuest.

The Young and the Restless will open its stage doors to a real-life schemer and backstabber when one Big Brother 5 HouseGuest will be awarded a walk-on role on the soap opera.

The HouseGuest will be chosen via Big Brother's "America's Choice" poll at www.cbs.com, which will open Thursday, Aug. 19 at 9:00 PM ET/6:00 PM PT and remain open until Saturday, Aug. 21 at 12:00 AM ET/9:00 PM PT. The winner of "America's Choice" will be blindfolded and brought from the Big Brother 5 house to the set of The Young and the Restless. They will appear in scenes set at the Genoa City Athletic Club with longtime fan favorites Michelle Stafford and Christian LeBlanc, who play two of the soap's biggest schemers, Phyllis and Michael.

On the Big Brother 5 live show, Thursday, Aug. 26, the HouseGuests will view the episode and critique the winner's performance. The Y&R episode featuring the HouseGuest will be broadcast Monday, Aug. 30.
    http://www.cbs.com/daytime/yr/about/justin/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast