+ Reply to Thread

Thread: POV Once There Are < 6 People Left

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar

POV Once There Are < 6 People Left

Hey all just wanted to know if the rule of POV has been posted as to when there are 6 people or less in the house.

Will everyone play, or will the Nominees/HOH only play?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger
    Hey all just wanted to know if the rule of POV has been posted as to when there are 6 people or less in the house.

Will everyone play, or will the Nominees/HOH only play?

Thanks!
    I haven't heard, but my guess is that they will all play.

I can see where the new competition format was formulated to make the POV more of a factor in the game. The main gripe of the viewers about the POV was that it wasn't being used enough. You can see how the change has served its purpose.

Now, comes the issue of what happens if the POV becomes TOO much of a factor ? You don't want the whole game to get to the point where it's all about who wins veto. That would take too much away from the HOH position. If only the HOH and the nominees were allowed to compete, that would mean a two-in-three chance that the veto would be used. That, IMO, would make it too much of a factor. With only a 1/3 chance that one of the HOH's nominations would stick, it would make the HOH position mean little more than the immunity challenge such as used on Survivor.

JMHO !
    "Better to burn out than just fade away...." - Neil Young

FORT Regular
    As I've posted in another thread, this is a nice little twist I'd install for when only 5 housemates remain:

When five remain, housemates compete for the Mystery Veto.

The HoH is called to the diary room and told to partner each nominee with another housemate. The HoH doesn't compete.

Here's the big twist. Each pair compete in the Veto challenge. The nominee from the winning pair is then offered the chance to use the Veto on themselves - but if used, their partner automatically replaces them.

The HoH is not allowed to pass on this information. Should the housemates discover the twist, the winning nominee swaps place with the HoH.

One possible idea for this task is to do what they've done in the UK this week - and chain the housemates together in pairs for three days. That way, the twist will be more of a concious decision as you've partnered that person for a number of days - not just a couple of hours in a task.

+ Reply to Thread