+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BB4 or BB5? Which do you like better?

BB4 or BB5? Which do you like better?

I was wondering if you guys like this season, or last season better so far?

FORT Fan
    I'd have to say this season, but that's more because I really disliked last year.

I wish they would get a better cross-section of people and varying in age rather than all the 20 something model types that they've went towards the last few years.

I'm sure the reason for that is that Big Brother 1 had people of different ages and it basically flopped and was deemed to be very boring, so they ditched the older people ever since. I'm not sure that was the reason though, they had different rules, the main one being that the viewers did the evicting so everyone tried to be on their best behavior so they would stick around and that made for "boring" TV when everyone is trying to appear to be nice to the audience.

But I think it would be a better show now if they had a more diverse cast. They could still cast a few young, good-looking people without having it dominate the whole show.

BB4 was the biggest collection of evil slimy tools in reality history, and that can be considered either interesting or too horrible to bear depending on how sick you are. BB5 has it's share of morons, but really that's what they are... more stupid than slimy. So unless things change BB5 is more an exhibition of immature stupidity than BB4--which was something of an atrocity exhibition of anti-social behavior. BB5 is actually somewhat similar to BB3--which also focused a lot on stupity.

Than again, we have versions of this debate every year, don't we? Is this year worse than last? Who thought there could be a bigger toady than Josh? A more arrogant putz than Roddy? A more classless party-girl than Chiara? A gay guy more snippy and bitchy than Marcellus? A bigger "hick" than Amy? A more immature and inappropriately egotistical jerk than Mike Boogie? A bigger opportunist than Alison? And yet they always manage to find the next toady, putz, party-girl, bitch, hick, jerk, or opportunist. Every year.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

They need to go for diversity. Several races, religions, age groups, etc. Having one "older guy" virtually guarantees he's not sticking around for long. Having one "black guy" virtually guarantees he's not sticking around for long. And so on.

Let people have a natural alliance base with a common denominator, and let them fight it out fairly.

And please, BB, hook up a decibel meter to every potential contestant. Over 60, and you should be immediately disqualified. Or, if you play their submission video, and glass breaks in your office.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    They need to go for diversity. Several races, religions, age groups, etc. Having one "older guy" virtually guarantees he's not sticking around for long.
    Maybe they can't find enough wanna-be actors who are that old. Because we know having an agent, a website, a modeling career, a California address backed by a fake former hometown somewhere else (or just a plan to move to California after the show)... these are all necessities to be cast on BB--for at least 3/4 of the cast or better anyway...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Neither. The casting is getting progressively worse with each season.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    They need to go for diversity. Several races, religions, age groups, etc. Having one "older guy" virtually guarantees he's not sticking around for long. Having one "black guy" virtually guarantees he's not sticking around for long. And so on.

Let people have a natural alliance base with a common denominator, and let them fight it out fairly.

And please, BB, hook up a decibel meter to every potential contestant. Over 60, and you should be immediately disqualified. Or, if you play their submission video, and glass breaks in your office.

Now to which BB5 contestant are you referring, John????

And I totally agree about the diversity. "Token" race/age/etc is never allowed to stay.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan
    And I totally agree about the diversity. "Token" race/age/etc is never allowed to stay.
    Well, I obviously agree about having more diversity and I do understand the point you're trying to make, but we should point out that Jun was a minority and she won the whole thing! And from the season prior to that, Danielle did pretty well (runner-up). For that matter, Marcellus lasted a long time too, and would have stayed longer if he wasn't so stupid (deciding to not veto himself - duh!)

Just based on past experience, age seems to have more of a factor in early exits than race does.

So far I like BB4 better which is ironic because BB4 was a horrible season!!! Maybe when Jase/Scott leave, I will see the light!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Neither...both seasons have been terrible. I am in complete agreement with John.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast