+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does CBS do it?

How does CBS do it?

How do they manage to scare up an increasingly disgusting, vile, immature and down-right nasty group of people year after year?

Where on earth did they find some of these rocks to look under?

This is not indicative of the typical American I surely hope. If their families have the live feeds, and surely they would, they must be cringing more so that we are.

I honestly do not know if I can watch any more of this season after reading the live feed recaps. Maybe I shouldn't read them, but once you find them you know you're hooked.

I must say that the "amazing turd" recap today may have ended that once and for all.

I think CBS should be fined.............lol.

Lisa
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Tazgirl6763
    How do they manage to scare up an increasingly disgusting, vile, immature and down-right nasty group of people year after year?

This is not indicative of the typical American I surely hope. If their families have the live feeds, and surely they would, they must be cringing more so that we are.

I honestly do not know if I can watch any more of this season after reading the live feed recaps. Maybe I shouldn't read them, but once you find them you know you're hooked.

I must say that the "amazing turd" recap today may have ended that once and for all.

I think CBS should be fined.............lol.

Lisa

Honestly, if you put the most normal people together in a locked house for 13 weeks or longer, you don't know how hey would act, or even yourself. In other words, you don't even know what the person next door does behind closed doors. what you think you might do and what you really do a month down the road is how reality is.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

I know there's no way in heck I'd be "wowing" over someone elses poop...........lol.

;-)

And you can't have my doggies........lol.
    (Unknown)

I agree. It takes some hardcore pond floor dragging to come up with a Scott.

It's pretty easy. They just look closer to Hollywood each year.

Jokes aside, I think a good interviewer can spots jerks... and theirs look for them. They cull those videotapes and then later personal interviews (favoring people in Hollywood of course--for one thing they are just CLOSER) and take the scum that sits in the bottom when they pour the cream out.

If you say something vile in your interview? You advance. If you come off as smarmy? Bingo. If they research and find out you did a Playgirl spread despite having amazingly weird equipment, and yet find you cocky in interview, you get a gold star. If you make a sexist comment or leer, more points! If you are female and vain, or if you giggle stupidly, you gets some points (if you are male, for either of those--double points). If you pick you nose or expel gas when the interviewer goes away and they catch it on tape? A few points. If you do it in FRONT of the interviewer? Bingo! Homophobes get points, or if you are gay overly dramatic/queenish types also do.

Think of some instance of bad behavior, or better yet delusion, and imagine it on an interview. That's what they look for! Then later, I'm sure they justify it as "good TV" (although half the time we are bored to tears by it).
    Last edited by Krom; 07-21-2004 at 09:24 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    It's pretty easy. They just look closer to Hollywood each year.
    Exactly! This group in particular is so aware of the cameras and the whole 'process' that it is sickening. It doesn't make for anything close to how 'real' people (ie..people not in the biz) would react in the same situation. I am still wondering if CBS thinks that casting the show with these kinds of people will draw more of an audience. I yearn for the days of BB3 where there were at least more ordinary types.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

I want "real" people, like it started out with.

This garbage absolutely sucks.
    (Unknown)

Reality Tv Addict
    And of course they have to throw in one (semi) normal person just so that there is someone to get thrown out of the house first.

They use the person's place of birth as their hometown, even if they haven't lived there for a while, so they can make it seem like there are a lot of true Midwesterners or people from the South or the East Coast in the house. In reality, most of them want a career in show business, or they wouldn't put up with everything they put up with in the house.
    Most normal people have jobs and families that they can't leave in order to go and sit in a house and be filmed 24/7. But some people look at it as an investment in their future because they want a job in show business, even if it is writing and pitching an idea for a show instead of acting in it. I would consider something like the BB house for a chance to win money, but only if I didn't have a child or husband or decent job or parents that could need me, etc. But I do have those things (which makes me a normal person). Those who are left over either don't have any of those things in their lives or they want a career in show business, so they aren't the average person you would meet in middle America, by any means.

But the first 2 seasons appeared to be made up of (al least) more "normal" people.

I think whoever said it previously is correct, it's no longer a reality show, it's a show that is cast, just like everything else out of Hollywood.

I've completely lost interest.

Thank goodness for all these books I have that I've been wanting to read. That'll fill my summer much better than this garbage from CBS.
    (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast