+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: All things on the Scott and Jase alliance

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Well, this is an interesting question, so I'll give it an interesting answer...

First off, if we hate the person who starts off strong, it's because it's quite possibly the stupidest thing you can do in the game. Why? Because you start off with an enormous target on your back because you're deemed as a 'strong' player. Even Jase said that he originally planned on throwing the competition, and laying low for a while. Domination in BB is never a good thing, because if you dominate long enough to be deemed a threat, then as soon as you don't win, you're up on the block and gone.

However, the reason that I strongly dislike Scott and Jase is because they're annoying. I mean, Scott's always talking about how 'wonderful' they are and 'how much power they have', but he doesn't realize that, after each round, it can all change. They aren't guarenteed a spot in the final 4 - they still have to work for it. Plus, both Jase and Scott remind me of Zach from P-Ho, mainly because they have the headbands (good god, the headbands), they think that they are oh-so-pretty, and must maintain their manly phisique at all times, and they think that they're smart, when they really aren't. (Ok, so Jase is a little smarter than Scott and Zach, but those two are a little bit dumber than a piece of fruit).

So, those are the two reasons I think that most people don't like Scott and Jase. They're playing the game with force, not strategy, and they're annoying a-holes.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but I think it is a lot harder to sit back and ride it out than it appears to be. It would be for me anyway. I speak my mind to much and to say so neutral that you appear to be riding it, can be quite challenging.

I swear, something keeps telling me that they are gay....and that they knew each other before coming in....possibly in a relationship. Does anybody else get that feeling? And that Jase was using Holly to look like he's straight?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    Well, this is an interesting question, so I'll give it an interesting answer...

First off, if we hate the person who starts off strong, it's because it's quite possibly the stupidest thing you can do in the game. Why? Because you start off with an enormous target on your back because you're deemed as a 'strong' player. Even Jase said that he originally planned on throwing the competition, and laying low for a while. Domination in BB is never a good thing, because if you dominate long enough to be deemed a threat, then as soon as you don't win, you're up on the block and gone.

However, the reason that I strongly dislike Scott and Jase is because they're annoying. I mean, Scott's always talking about how 'wonderful' they are and 'how much power they have', but he doesn't realize that, after each round, it can all change. They aren't guarenteed a spot in the final 4 - they still have to work for it. Plus, both Jase and Scott remind me of Zach from P-Ho, mainly because they have the headbands (good god, the headbands), they think that they are oh-so-pretty, and must maintain their manly phisique at all times, and they think that they're smart, when they really aren't. (Ok, so Jase is a little smarter than Scott and Zach, but those two are a little bit dumber than a piece of fruit).

So, those are the two reasons I think that most people don't like Scott and Jase. They're playing the game with force, not strategy, and they're annoying a-holes.

Couldn't have said it better myself Boredom. I didn't mind them until they started talking all smack about having the power and keeping the power blah blah blah :rolleyes :rolleyes Just very annoying
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    Okay, I'll give them that the treadmill thing could have been won by either Scott or Karen, so winning HoH at that time could have been okay.

However, the reason that I strongly dislike Scott and Jase is because they're annoying. I mean, Scott's always talking about how 'wonderful' they are and 'how much power they have', but he doesn't realize that, after each round, it can all change. They aren't guarenteed a spot in the final 4 - they still have to work for it. Plus, both Jase and Scott remind me of Zach from P-Ho, mainly because they have the headbands (good god, the headbands), they think that they are oh-so-pretty, and must maintain their manly phisique at all times, and they think that they're smart, when they really aren't.
    And that's the reason that I can't stand them. It seems like whenever anyone gets HoH (or someone from their alliance - yeah, I said alliance!) they seem to think that they will maintain control for the rest of the game instead of treading lightly with that big stick.
    And the headbands and preening must stop now.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I think people in general just like to root for the underdog. Especially when the top dogs are such jackasses.

Jase is sort of entertaining....

I don't really mind Scott and Jase. Granted, they are a poor man's version of "Chilltown". Jase is no Dr. Will. However, at least Jase has some personality and he does have a bit of a brain too. I watch Big Brother to be entertained, so I welcome contestants like Jase, Holly, Michael, etc. You need bad guys to have a successful show!! Can you imagine a house full of Lori's and Adria's? Yawnnn

Look at how big the "Jase and Scott must go!" thread is now. That's what CBS wants - colorful personalities who are going to rub a lot of people the wrong way.

So personally I don't mind Scott or Jase. And yes, you can argue they screwed up by coming out so strong so soon, but in Big Brother (just like in Survivor), the perceived 'alpha males" are always targeted right off the bat anyway. What good would it do for a big, obviously strong guy like Scott to throw a physical challenge like jogging? Is that going to convice people he's weak? Jase, Scott, Marvin, and to a lesser extent, Drew, are all physical threats. As we know, more than half of the BB challenges are mental (quizes, scavenger hunts, puzzles, riddles, etc). But for some reason, contestants STILL focus on, "oh he's a physical threat, he must go!" Its like its hardwired in the brain. Scott and Jase can't credibily hide their physical ability, so they might as well win as much as they can.

I think people in general just like to root for the underdog. Especially when the top dogs are such jackasses.
    When people give lines like "If I had lost to a girl, I would have voted myself off" and such, it does not endear you to the crowd. Besides their arrogance, I was amazed at their reaction to Michael when he told them about Nakomis. Jase said "Well, what does that mean?" Well, besides the obvious that your friend just found out he had a younger sister and grew up for 23 years not knowing his dad and the emotions he is dealing with, it might also be a twist. Jase, especially, treated Michael like he was backstabbed when Michael came to him and Scott first before even telling his newly found sister.

People hate them because they are jerks, not because they started strong.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd
    So personally I don't mind Scott or Jase. And yes, you can argue they screwed up by coming out so strong so soon, but in Big Brother (just like in Survivor), the perceived 'alpha males" are always targeted right off the bat anyway. What good would it do for a big, obviously strong guy like Scott to throw a physical challenge like jogging? Is that going to convice people he's weak? Jase, Scott, Marvin, and to a lesser extent, Drew, are all physical threats. As we know, more than half of the BB challenges are mental (quizes, scavenger hunts, puzzles, riddles, etc). But for some reason, contestants STILL focus on, "oh he's a physical threat, he must go!" Its like its hardwired in the brain. Scott and Jase can't credibily hide their physical ability, so they might as well win as much as they can.
    True. However, Drew (as you mentioned) is also a pretty good threat (not to mention a cowboy), but instead of wanting him out, just about everyone wants to HELP Drew (the girls want to keep him around longer, Mike wanted to help him see the light, the horsemen want him to stay around for them). However, if we were going by the strictly 'physical threat' idea, Drew would still be a big danger (despite not winning a challenge). Same with Marvin, even though he ended up winning a challenge - the only person who really has him on the 'immediate hit list' is Holly, and Holly's a little too stupid to carry it out. So, really, winning the HOH hurt them quite a bit, because instead of just being seen as 'two guys who look like they could be really strong', they're now seen as 'two guys who could dominate the physical game, must be taken out soon'. Plus, it doesn't help that they THINK that they could dominate the physical game and wave it around in everyone else's faces.

They are definitely jerks. No argument here on that. But you need some jerks to keep it interesting.

+ Reply to Thread