+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7/13/04 Recap - The Best Of What's Around

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    Also, Jase is a huge tool, and is wearing sunglasses, a headband and a camouflage cap. I was hoping that the sunglasses were covering two huge black eyes that he suffered in consecutive sucker punches, but sadly, no. He’s just that ridiculous.
    Another fantastic recap Amanda, it was hilarious!

I laughed so hard, I actually cried. Thank you so much. I just spent some mind-numbing time transcribing on the feeds, so I needed that.

By the way, another Jase torture could be covering the mirror with a blanket. Since he obviously hasn't advanced beyond the cognitive level of a 1 year old, he probably wouldn't know that something covered by a blanket is still there. He might search for hours for the mirror, because it's his favorite thing.

Great job, Amanda! You're one of the writers that first sucked me into this board and I love to see you recapping again. I laughed all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    Jase walks out of the toilet room and pulls her close as if to reassure her. And he totally didn’t wash his hands first. Mighty unsanitary, that.
    Yuck!

I was hoping that the sunglasses were covering two huge black eyes that he suffered in consecutive sucker punches, but sadly, no. He’s just that ridiculous.

After the merciful commercial break (why is David Spade doing Capital One ads? Surely he can’t have gone through the boatloads of cash he made from Joe Dirt already.), we come back to Holly. Oh Holly, you crazy, whacked out freak. Clip after clip of her talking about the most insane, trivial, ridiculous crap you could ever concoct in your worst drug-induced freakouts. First there’s the spider that ate its way through some guy’s ass, evidently. Then she expounds on the origins of tartar. And then she’s talking about her mannequin, Madame. Madame lives with Holly, in her house. Madame has a boyfriend, some guy mannequin that Holly “met”. His name is Carl. Carl doesn’t have hands. And if Holly wins, she’s going to buy hands for Carl, presumably so he can give Madame a proper groping. Hell if I know. What I do know, though, is that when I started to watch the tape of last night’s episode, I was a little bit hung over. I literally had to fast forward through every scene where she spoke, because there was just no way. Even now that the hangover has subsided, she still makes me want to jam some pointy skewers into my ear canals, and out through my eye sockets.
    Holy crap! What a F.R.E.A.K! I didn't see this episode.

It’s like Zack from P-Ho exploded in there. Atrocious.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Marvin is also quickly going from charmingly lascivious to smarmy and creepy. Remind me never to die in Conway, South Carolina

And then she’s talking about her mannequin, Madame. Madame lives with Holly, in her house. Madame has a boyfriend, some guy mannequin that Holly “met”. His name is Carl. Carl doesn’t have hands. And if Holly wins, she’s going to buy hands for Carl, presumably so he can give Madame a proper groping.

Just pull his headband down over his eyes or something. It’d take him a good four or five hours to figure out how to extricate himself from his newfound blinding prison, and there’s a lot of good conversation you can have during that time.

And I’ll also say that Mike was factually incorrect in some of what he said. But now I’m done, I swear. Oh, except for this: Will carried out an entire deeply personal ideological conversation wearing sunglasses and a Kangol. Corey Hart meets Thug Passion. Sweet. Even better than that, though, was the cross he wore on and off throughout the show. It was like a 1:1 scale model of the True Cross. Or at the very least, the hood ornament of the popemobile. For a gay man, his fashion choices are questionable.

It’s not surprising or sneaky on the part of CBS, it’s just confusing. I didn’t feel like “Wow, they really got me good. Excellent drama!”, I just felt like “Oh. Well okay. How very stupid.” Which, really, is par for the course with this show.

Excellent job, Amanda. You're fabulous!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Amanda, I'm too late to quote the best stuff, so it'll have to suffice to say that your tone and style never fail to crack me up. BTW, "Hoop Dreams" was an excellent header!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12