+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: House Calls: The Big Brother Talk Show (canceled)

Duh-ah
    Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvxf
    The hilight was, Scott mentioned that he, Jase and Drew were planning to pose for Playgirl together after the show. That made Macellas super excited.
    Marcellas, as much as he talks about skimming fan forums, must NOT have looked at the existing Playgirl shots of Scott if he was all that excited. Unless the excitement was all exclusively about Drew--who is least likely to actually do it I think.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

xSKATExORxCRYx
    I like watching HouseCalls because a) I have nothing else to do and b) it's interesting to watch a show about strategy.....but.

With all that said, I can't stand Marcellas. Now I raelize that he is a co-host with the "inside-perspective" but I can't STAND how he continues to talk about his glorious moment in the house. The dude cannot talk about this year's season of Big Brother without making some reference to his own season. Nobody cares about what Chiara thought, or how Eddie played -- Neither are on Big Brother 5, and earlier strategies don't apply to this year's house! It's called context! Move on!

He is always talking about "who is playing the Marcellas/Amy strategy" and going on huge (bitter?!) rants about Danielle. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really don't CARE! Worse still, he gets mad at callers for going off on their personal agendas, yet has no problem airing his own opinions about people for minute upon minute. (His Karen rant yesterday was particularly harsh).

The best Marcellas-ego-stroking moment was when Arnold Shapiro said the twin-reveal would be the crowning moment of Big Brother history, and the next day Marcellas suggested that him not using the veto was actually the crowning moment of Big Brother.

So much for perspective! It would be one thing if he'd won -- but he didn't. Personally, the only insiders I would ever like to see comment on a game (while referring to their own strategies) is Dr. Will Kirby from Season 2, (maybe Danielle from Season 3), and Richard Hatch from Survivor.

They seem to have a self-reflexivity about them that is rational. Marcellas is like a black gay male version of Diane to me. And often showing shades of Scott/Jase egomania!

I love Gretchen though. She seems to have a much greater vision, she is equally as candid and articulate, but not nearly as self-serving. I know lots of people like Marcellas, but can someone atleast agree that he talks about himself a /little/ too much?

Not using the veto was a better moment than the twin twist? Or even the X-factor? C'mon now!
    Last edited by stEEvEEdEE; 08-10-2004 at 03:14 AM.

Ok, I guess I need to stick up for my boy, Marcellas. I've probably mentioned before that he's my favorite Big Brother contestant ever. The show wouldn't be near as good as it is without Marcellas.

I agree that he mentions his season (and other seasons as well) very often on the show. I happen to think it's valid. Not to say that the same strategy works every season, but you can look at precedents from past seasons to make better predictions for the current season.

He really doesn't mention he and Amy just that often, but even when he does, I see no problem with it. I've thought the same thing, not just about Marcellas and Amy, but you will see similar relationships forming in the house. They tend to have the two guys who are buddies like Chilltown's Will and Mike, Season 3's Eric and Roddy, Season 4 we had three: The Three Stooges, and now we have Scott and Jase. There are others, but I'm not going to spend my time just going over the recurring strategies/relationships we see in the house. But if Marcellas sees people playing and acting like him and Amy, then that's something to point out. He does go off on some callers who call in with no point but to rant about how their office was cheering for so-and-so or whatever but they were supposed to ask a question. They have a lot of callers to get to, so if they allowed everyone to take up what time they wanted to get their agenda across, not near as much would be covered. Marcellas could spend less time ranting, but it's his show, and it doesn't take away from the show hardly at all.

I do want to clear up the "crowning momnt" incident. Arnold Shapiro did say that the twin reveal would be that (which it definitely wasn't) and then the next day they had another woman on (I missed the beginning where they introduced her, but she was from some magazine) and she said how the crowning moments were the unscripted things, the moments the producers didn't control. Sadly, I can't remember her examples, but at the end of that, Marcellas mentioned his not using the veto. She agreed and said that was a good example because it was very unexpected and it was one of those unplanned, unscripted moments. I agree that the twists aren't near as exciting as the unplanned moments.

I do like Diane, but I don't see the comparison between the two of them. And yes, Marcellas is somewhat conceited, but not to the degree of Scott, and especially Jase.

I will give you that Gretchen adds a lot to the show and the two of them together make a great combination and a great show. And again, Marcellas could tone his self-centered talk down a bit, but I still love the show.

FORT Regular
    I have to agree with stEEvEEdEE.

I really liked Macellas on the talk show from the beginning. He was hilarious. But It seems he is always enmeshed in his old so-called glorious moment too much so he cannot even care more about the audience calls. (I actually think he only care most of the first part of the calls like "Macellas, we love you", "You are my favorite", "You should have won", etc.)

For example, the six finger plan is now well-known. But actually several days before Nakomis mentioned the plan, there was an audience call already bringing up this strategy. Macellas didnot even try to understand it but ignored it.

I was really disgusted by Macellas's nasty insulting comment on Karen on Tuesday's housecall. He said Karen's teary message was pointless. But don't forget, it's a "Do Not Assume" show. What if the evictee comes back? Karen's kind good message was definetely not pointless. It's part of her strategy.

xSKATExORxCRYx
    I'm glad you've both responded, and I appreciate both sides.

To be fair, I really liked Marcellus on the show Big Brother 3, but less so on House Calls.

And the Marcellus comments (esp. re: Karen), I think Marcellus says a lot of things and ends up having to take them back, because he was utterly wrong. With Gretchen, she seems to recognize and acknowledge what people are doing without neccesarily judging them right away.

I would like Karen to go very far, just to spite Marcellus, and then he'll have to eat his words.

(Edit: And what a hypocrite -- Today (Tuesday) on House Calls, Marcellus goes off on this rant about how people start judging reality TV contestants thinking that they know them, when they really aren't insiders and don't truly know much about their lives. He knows this because he's experienced this.

Yet, he goes on these incredibly judgmental rants about characters all the time -- Holly, Karen, Scott, etc. Mind you, maybe I'm a hypocrite cuz I'm going on an equally angry rant about him, )

FORT Newbie
    marcella is a hypocrite

I like having a conversation about whatever anyone wants to talk about, whether it be Marcellas on House Calls or what have you, and I was glad to read and respond to Steevee's post. But toriboy, if you're going to call Marcellas a hypocrite, at least have your own evidence to back it up.

House Calls

I wondered where the House Calls thread went, and then I saw it in the TV forum but since they also refer to live feeds I wondered if there should be a thread in here ? I do not want to get in time out (!) by posting live feed stuff in the tv forum, even on the House Calls thread that discusses live feed.
    (BIG BREATH)

I noticed in the preview everyone is celebrating the fall of Jase ... and then at the end in the DR Jase says something like "He's Baa-ack!" Anyone else see this and wonder if he'll be saved from eviction somehow??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Jase is gone. Those "He's back!" promos couldn't have actually represented Jase being saved because...it hasn't...happened yet.

It could have been from last week. Jase is gone unless....no, they have already voted. Jase is gone.

+ Reply to Thread