+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: House Calls: The Big Brother Talk Show (canceled)

FORT Fan

Because...

Hi Amanda,

It's because Marcellas always struck me as being rather shallow and obsessed by a pretty face. I haven't seen the House Calls show, but I figured Marcellas was probably in love with Drew because of his looks and talking about him constantly. So I was a tad surprised when someone said he was obsessed with Will and I asked the question about Drew. So I'm not surprised to learn that he's in love with Drew too.

Ah, okay. Fair enough.

I've only seen one or two of these (recently though). Marcellas seems to LUST after "the cute boys" but doesn't necessarily like them all. He's fairly judgemental about the "mandanas" (this, and a lot of other things they say on the show indicate they are reading the network boards, this board, Joker's, and maybe "Hamster Time" at a minimum).

He's spoken about Jase looking MUCH older than he claims he is. He's on about how deluded Jase and Scott are about how good looking they are (although I think at the beginning he may have been more into them). He's even apparently been talking about Playgirl (although at least on the shows I saw he didn't mention Scott's, er... size).

He thinks Will is playing SO far under the radar that its ridiculous, but he's also acknowledged that Will has slipped on occasion and done the "bitchy gay man making superficial comments about people" thing, like he himself did when he was at his worst.

What else? Umm. He basically seems to be saying he disliked Nikomus at first because his fashionista impulses are in revolt about her tatoo, hair and clothes, but that he's gained respect for her independance, intelligence, and grudgingly admits that it's nice that BB was "brave" enough to show a non-traditional reality show woman this year. He's REALLY scornful of CowPie, just like most of us are, but unlike many who just assume that he's crawling up butts for validiation, Marcellas seems to think its intentional to win the game--that he's willing to trade his dignity to win and make people think he's more harmless than he is.

He's also been comparing Karen's "game" to Danielle's. He thinks she will go far, just like Danielle, but will crash and burn just like Danielle because she's "too obvious".

I hate to say it, since I HATED how shallow he was during his season, but he's got a good idea of what's going on--even if most of it is being swiped from the boards. Lisa was on the show a few days ago too and she seemed to have shared many of the same thoughts (and admitted being a Lurker this year to all of the online stuff).
    Last edited by Krom; 07-31-2004 at 11:11 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Just watched the Friday House Calls with Holly. I've gotta admit, when she's being herself a bit more outside of the house she's actually fairly charming. Except when she does the irritating laugh. And unlike during the interview with Julie... yes... she DID come off as shockingly normal in intelligence. Not smart, mind you, but at least normal.

Her explanation for "the voice" is that it happens to her when she's nervous or excited, and she can't really control it. Her explanation for the constant makeup is basically "I was on TV". When asked about the "other girls were jealous of me" comment, she says that she didn't really mean that she saw it that way herself, but that Jase, Scott, Cowboy, Drew AND Karen all kept telling her that, and she was repeating it.
    Last edited by Krom; 08-01-2004 at 08:43 PM.

what do Marcellas and Gretchen think of Adria and Natalie? Do they like them?
    Last edited by fluff; 08-02-2004 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflowr
    what do Marcellas and Gretchen think of Adria and Natalie? Do they like them?
    On the basis of the three shows I've seen, they are on the fence. Marcellas admitted to Holly, for example, that he shared her irritation at how Adria threw the bible into things. But in a previous episode he seemed to admire her/their gameplay, even if none of the predictions I've heard him make (well, in three shows of predictions ) about the eventual winners ever include Adria or Natalie.

FORT Fan
    FYI, BB executive producer, Arnold Shapiro, is scheduled to be on Wednesday's show, I think Allison from BB4 is scheduled for Aug 10.

Waiting..for the wolves Great Pyr's Avatar
    I watched the Holly segment and honestly thought Marcellas and his co-host
    were at a loss for words on several occasions when Holly spewed Holly!
    The only time she came out of character was when they asked her about whether
    or not her appearance on BB would help or hinder her career. She then explained to these 2 fan boys/girls....that she was and is a working actress(same Holly voice...much more determination) and rattled off some of her
    credits. We already knew this stuff here at the FORT! Marcellas...get a computer, don't just be on one!

Quote Originally Posted by nervousing
    FYI, BB executive producer, Arnold Shapiro, is scheduled to be on Wednesday's show, I think Allison from BB4 is scheduled for Aug 10.
    Wow. That's like The Devil followed by Satan.

FORT Regular
    I was wondering, will they still be able to get the evicted houseguest to be on the show every Friday after this week? I think the jury members are not supposed to see any information after they leave the house. If they come to the the house call talk show, they will be affected about their final votes.

+ Reply to Thread