+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Julie Chen, Host

Julie Chen, Host

[IMG]images/img/bb5_chen.jpg[/IMG]

BIG BROTHER host Julie Chen also serves as anchor of THE EARLY SHOW, CBS News' weekday morning broadcast. During the war in Iraq, she delivered foreign reports for the broadcast from Kuwait and Qatar. Before that, Chen served as news anchor of THE EARLY SHOW and anchored CBS MORNING NEWS. Chen had previously served as reporter and anchor for WCBS-TV in New York.

Before joining CBS News, Chen worked as a reporter for WDTN-TV Dayton, as a producer for ABC NewsOne, that network's affiliate news service, and as a desk assistant in ABC News' Los Angeles bureau, where she worked on the award-winning primetime special "Anatomy of a Riot."

Julie Chen was born on January 6 in Queens, N.Y. She graduated from the University of Southern California in 1991 with a degree in broadcast journalism and English. She lives in New York.

I really like Julie Chen, she is my favorite reality TV host.

Does anyone know how old she is?
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Her birthdate is January 6, 1970. So she's 34.

Thanks John!
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

I think she is the epitome of bland.

She seems less and less interested in Big Brother every season and I think she's a lousy host.
    She should never have made her way out of the news chair on The Early Show, but it's amazing how your career takes off when you sleep with the boss :rolleyes
    I would love to see this show hosted by someone who actually seemed pleased to be doing it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think she thought she could pull off the Anderson Cooper and keep her journalistic integrity while hosting a reality show. The Mole and BB are two different beasts indeed, and she probably realizes now that it isn't working. I agree with fluff, bring in someone else for the host.

FWIW, Cooper remains my favorite reality host. Reggie Gaskins from season 2 of Star Dates was decent as well.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I agree Bill, Cooper managed to juggle the two roles beautifully.

I'd love to see Dr Will hosting, even if it was only for one season.
    I at least think he'd enjoy himself.
    Julie always looks as if it's a chore to her to be there imo and her exchanges with the HG's are so forced.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Julie Chen doesn't seem to like touching people.

i've noticed on the other big brothers that alot of times when the evicted hg's went in that room to meet her face to face tried to shake her hand and whatnot she acts hesitant or changes the subject, i've seen her slickly move away from guests on the today show also.

just my observation... watch her body language next time you she talk to a guest on the today show

I agree with Julia Chen. Its like she's some sort of android. I can honestly say I've never laughed or been remotely entertained by anything she has said or done. Dr. Will would rule as a host, but that's not in the cards, apparently.

The only thing I like about Julie is simply that's she's been the host since the beginning. It gives BB a sense of continuity. Considering BB is on 3 times per week, and its been 5 seasons, I think that means we've seen Julie more than any other reality host, even Jeff Probst. She's definitely received face time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast