+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Julie Chen, Host

I don't have anything against Julie - she knew who to marry so props to her for that, however I think if she wants to be taken seriously as a journalist she should distance herself from the show. I think it would be much more entertaining if they replaced her with one of the past BB houseguests or someone that is on the entertainment side of journalism and not the news side.

So is Julie going to go with another one shoulder top tonight? And how many eyes is she going to burn with the excessive glitter?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    When Julie comes on the screen in the living room there is a feeling of dread. Oh god, here's Julie, what now?
    But not in a good way. You just know that she's gonna ask you something stupid or off-the-wall.

After a week of drastic and traumatic changes in the house, she'll appear on your big-screen TV and ask you to spell "rhubarb" or what kind of food you'd like to eat.

Or, after a segment exposing all the pairs in the house, she'll dramatically appear on the screen and tell them that everybody has a partner in the house. Then, she'll wait for the collective gasp from the players, which never comes.

Seeing Julie up on the screen doesn't bring on the dread of being asked tough questions, it brings the annoyance of being asked stupid questions.

And, if something doesn't go according to her script, she's completely lost.
    -- Flash

Father Time lol
    I never really understood why people disliked Julie Chen... until last night.

She asked these ridiculous and mundane questions to Eric of which no one but his family and friends (maybe) would care about. I don't give a crap if he misses his family! I wanted to know whether or not he's a punk in real life! I don't care about the "secret" partners anymore! I wanted to see Eric held accountable for his actions! Why did Eric act the way he did?

Julie is a crappy host. Gretchen and Marcellas for hosts!
    Big Brother 10 - Dan, Memphis

Science Catches up with the Chenbot

For any who use Comcast as their ISP, there's a great video in "The Fan" about a robot created by a Japanese scientist. And amazingly enough, she can interview people

Check it out!
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 02-21-2008 at 12:54 AM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I hate how she always says 'but first'. its always right before something exciting or big.

'We go live to see the houseguests compete in the most outrageous competition in reality tv history EVER........... but first we watch paint dry for the next five minutes'

arrrgggg damn you chen... damn you

FORT Fanatic
    Okay. I turned on "the early show" and put my head to the tv screen and their is something about Julie that seems strange. She looks almost too perfect. I don't know if its heavy tv makeup or plastic surgery(the pic that people posted of Julie pre-plastic was not her), but its almost errie(sp)

This is the first season that I've watched BB, & all I have to say about Julie Chen is that she wears the most horrible outfits! And I'm sure they are really expensive, but most of them are either ugly or gaudy. That get-up she wore this past Thursday night looked like a throw pillow off of grandma's sofa.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Julie Chen isn't very creative when it comes to eviction nights.

She starts in the doorway.

"Last time, on Big Brother, x nominated y and z for eviction.
    Takes 5 steps forward, sits down.
    "z won the veto and saved himself, so x nominated w in his place. Who will be evicted. But first.."
    gets up, turns to camera, and starts walking towards the camera
    "y and w are partners pitted against each other. What do their families have to say?"

And then later...

Stands up, looks at monitor.

"The votes are in, just a reminder, when I read the votes the evicted houseguest has one minute to say goodbye and leave through the front door. By a unanimous vote, w, you have been evicted from the Big Brother house."

She needs to come up with some new lines... lol

OMG Estquer, that is spot on! Hilarious!

Yes, they definitely need to reprogram the Chenbot with some new phrases & moves.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread