+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Julie Chen, Host

FORT Fanatic
    Julie Chen is easy on the eyes, surgical miracle or not.

However, I think the absolute worst part about BB is Julie Chen. She's a horrible interviewer. She's inept during the conversations with the house guest via their monitor. She is as plastic as MacDonald's furniture with non human responses.

But the thing that bugs me the most is her robotic head and body movements when she has her "return from commericial" moments. She moves her head with every syllable...first to the left...then up...then right...then down....then left...then up.

And when they change camera shots she moves like a catwalk model. Real people don't actually move that way. "Big Brother" should be like an Orwellian character...not the network's president's bit of a stuff. We shouldn't even see "big brother"...it should be a disconnected voice.

I was thinking that Jeff Probst would be a good host for a show like this. He is always very in tune to the interactions of the contestants and in this case, he'd have a lot of things to bring up during the interview that would stir things up and get the answers that the audience would be interested in.

Too bad he's dating a reality has-been and not a CBS bigwig (not that there's anything wrong with dating reality has-beens)

I'm surprised each season when I hear Julie criticized as the host(ess). Of course she's impersonal. If she wasn't, we would say she was picking favorites and *gasp* possibly fixing the show. As far as her aversion to being touchy/feely with the departing HG.... SO WHAT. The HG aren't friends or family to her and she knows better than the rest of us what a**holes most of them are. If she wants to maintain her personal space, I can't blame her for it. The closing interviews provide closure (if nothing else) for the dearly departed. I doubt that she writes her own material so we hear what she is told to say.

As for the robotics... I love him dearly but Phil from TAR is the biggest stiff on reality TV and NO ONE busts on HIM.

And in closing... I like Julie Chen and think she is the perfect host for BB. However I do think it's funny when people call her Chenbot, even though it's mean spirited and in my opinion inaccurate. Does this make me a bad person?

Here is a picture of Chenbot looking especially botty(yes I made up the word)

FORT Fanatic
    classic.

I don't care for Julie. She walks like she is afraid she will break. Also I hate the way she always has to be posed just so. It seems that she went to modeling school and took it way too seriously. And she seems so emotionless. I've seem her laugh a few times but it didn't seem like a really out of control laugh like we all do at some time or other. Everything she says and does seem like she puts so much effort into it.
    I do kind of look forward to what outlandish rig she will be wearing though. Very few times have I found her outfits attractive.

FORT Regular
    I don't think there should be a host at all...sure, I guess the VIEWERS need someone to relate to, but the HG's should never see the host's face, and the voice should be distorted. It's that much more of a tense situation when their only contact with the outside world is impersonal and faceless...not unlike the character that the show gets its name from.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashy_Mcflash
    I don't think there should be a host at all...sure, I guess the VIEWERS need someone to relate to, but the HG's should never see the host's face, and the voice should be distorted. It's that much more of a tense situation when their only contact with the outside world is impersonal and faceless...not unlike the character that the show gets its name from.
    That's a great idea.

Once the hampsters are evicted, they should go to another outside Diary Room for the 'final interview' and then be released into the outside world.

FORT Fanatic
    Julie was once again having trouble reading the teleprompter last night.

I like Julie, but she does have a lot of awkward pauses sometimes.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread