+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Julie Chen, Host

Ace
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    Julie Chen doesn't seem to like touching people.

i've noticed on the other big brothers that alot of times when the evicted hg's went in that room to meet her face to face tried to shake her hand and whatnot she acts hesitant or changes the subject, i've seen her slickly move away from guests on the today show also.

just my observation... watch her body language next time you she talk to a guest on the today show
    Maybe she has a germ phobia.

Maybe she has a LOSER phobia.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    Maybe she has a germ phobia.
    I doubt she has mysophobia (fear of germs) unless she wears surgical gloves to conceal her hands...

I swear I thought Julie Chen was in her early forties. Guess I was wrong.

she is my favorite wet dream
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Fogey
    I like Julie. The premis of this show is that they are victims of the whim of a Big Brother standing watch. A more intimate or congenial host would not work. When Julie comes on the screen in the living room there is a feeling of dread. Oh god, here's Julie, what now? I think her reserved manner works well.

And good for her for having cosmetic surgery. No harm in making yourself more beautiful especially when you want a career infront of the camera.

She fell into a pit of glitter before the airing of the first show.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I don't know, it's a touchy thing, but I always think it's a shame when people get cosmetic surgery that specifically makes them look less like their born ethnicity, like her eyelids.
    Sometime back on MTV, Suchin Pak did a story on young women of differnet ethnic backgrounds and their internal struggles with the physical signs, including her own struggle with her eye shape. She is Asian-American and said that having cosmetic surgery on the eyelids is almost a right of passage for Asian women, especially in the past. She interviewed women in her family, and they had all had the surgery. She also demonstrated how she used to tape her eyelids to create creases (or folds) in them. It was a huge issue for her emotionally. Had I not seen that piece, I might have been more surprised by Julie's photos. Suchin also said that she still considers having the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisette
    Sometime back on MTV, Suchin Pak did a story on young women of differnet ethnic backgrounds and their internal struggles with the physical signs, including her own struggle with her eye shape. She is Asian-American and said that having cosmetic surgery on the eyelids is almost a right of passage for Asian women, especially in the past. She interviewed women in her family, and they had all had the surgery. She also demonstrated how she used to tape her eyelids to create creases (or folds) in them. It was a huge issue for her emotionally. Had I not seen that piece, I might have been more surprised by Julie's photos. Suchin also said that she still considers having the surgery.
    That is the first thing I thought of when I saw the before and after pictures. I don't like Julie Chen would have made it where she is now without the surgery she had.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I think she's had some work done since this 1995 photo
    That is one hell of an extreme makeover! It's the same person based on her bio, but otherwise you'd never know it.

I don't care for Julie much as a host, but she's nice to look at. Her surgeon
    should be proud.

I just wish she'd get that damn hair out of her eyes. I can't stand that. It made me want to blink over and over every time I saw her.

+ Reply to Thread