+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Julie Chen, Host

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Julie Chen pregnant

I thought that she looked good, except for that dress that she wore on finale night of Big Brother...but that was a fashion issue.

'Charlie' is the boy's formal name?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I didn't like her finale night garb, either, but I thought she looked way better than most when pregnant.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Oh, I'm not saying she didn't look good, I'm just saying she looked huuuge. It may have been the attire but she truly did look like there half of some sort of sports team growing in there.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

It looked like a Snuggie gone wrong.
    Wake up and be awesome

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Aww, Congrats to them!! Just a little over a week after the finale! Sure did cut it close!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think she looked any larger than your usual 40-week pregnant woman. 'Tis the nature of the beast.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3710618;
    It looked like a Snuggie gone wrong.
    That seems to be the general consensus.

Congrats to Julie and Les, I'm very happy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3710517;
    'Charlie' is the boy's formal name?
    Well, if you compare it to some other Hollywood kiddie names, Charlie works for me...lol. At least it's a normal name..not something like Moon Glow Moonves, Kal-el, or Pilot Inspektor..... So.....Charlie is a great name! LOL

Congrats to Julie and Les! I can't wait to see pics of him.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Did we ever get to see a picture of the little cutie?

Re: Julie Chen, Host

Julie Chen's next act: a daytime talk show?

by Lynette Rice
    Apr 21 2010 05:27 PM ET

The Early Showís Julie Chen is set to return from maternity leave in just a couple of weeks, but sheís already exploring new options now that sheís had her first child with CBS Corp CEO Leslie Moonves. An insider confirmed online reports that Chen is developing a View-like talk show pilot in which she and other panel members would discuss topical events from a motherís point-of-view.

Sara Gilbert (Roseanne) also has signed on as a panelist and will help executive produce the pilot thatís under consideration to replace the canceled As the World Turns. Itís unclear how the new talk show, if picked up, would affect Chenís duties on Early Show, but she is still expected to return as host of Big Brother this summer.

There was early speculation that CBS could replace As the World Turns with a CBS/Paramount-produced talk show hosted by Valerie Bertinelli, but the network opted to develop the aforementioned panel series and game shows instead. CBS, in fact, confirmed that it plans to shoot a new pilot for Pyramid, which was originally considered as a replacement for Guiding Light until the network decided to go with a redux of Letís Make a Deal instead.

The project from Sony will be exec produced by Michael Davies (Who Wants to Be A Millionaire). Rumor has it the eye may also shoot a pilot for Password, which first aired in 1961 and was hosted by Allen Ludden. CBS launched a prime time version dubbed Million Dollar Password that was hosted by Regis Philbin in June 2008; it attracted 10.69 million viewers. Still, that remake was yanked after a second, abbreviated season.

This wouldnít be the first time that someone tried to make a mom version of The View. Telepictures developed a pilot featuring Kate Gosselin and Food Network star Paula Deen last year, but the project was scuttled. Gosselin is now set to star in her own TLC show Twist of Kate thatís expected to bow this summer.
    Personally, I would much rather see a new Pyramid show.

I do have to give Julie her props, because she turned into a pretty good BB host last season. But this talk show would be an also-ran behind The View, which is pretty much invincible at this point.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread