+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Julie Chen, Host

Re: Julie Chen pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3423205;
    If anything, the upside of this is that her hormones will be all wacky-smacky, and she might even express an emotion or two before the summer ends.
    Oh, I would love to see her become the O'Brien I've always wanted on this show .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3421881;
    Yeah, but that was then, this is now. Superannuated parents are completely normal these days, if not in the actual majority.
    I had to look this up. I found something from 2006:

25.2 is the Average age of women when they give birth for the first time a record high
    Of the 4 million women that give birth, about 415,000 are teens ages 15 to 19, and more than 100,000 new moms are age 40 or older
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

For as long as we have teens and women in their 20s-30s, they will always outnumber the superannuated.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3449014;
    For as long as we have teens and women in their 20s-30s, they will always outnumber the superannuated.
    So who is left to be superannuated if you rule out women in their 30's as well as anyone younger? True, not a lot of women in their 40's doing it, relatively, but if you live in an upper middle class town women in their 30's having their first child, what were called "elderly" first time mothers in my day, are about the norm. My kids are in their early 30's and their friends have only been getting married in their very late 20's and early 30's. True, they tend to have kids soon after that, but still, raises the average age of moms in more educated groups quite a bit.
    That's not to say there are still plenty of babies having babies, but that rate has actually been coming down (thank goodness!).
    As to whether kids tease them... well, we did have one set of parents in our co-op nursery school with very gray hair...got married late, never expected to have a child....and while the parents gossiped a bit I never ever heard a child make a remark about it.
    So, back to my point, which was made above as well, I think whether other kids snark about it would totally depend on where you live.

I was just watching my new favorite show, I didn't know I was pregnant last night & there was a woman on there that had passed menopause, got IVF and turned out to be pregnant with her first child at 57!
    Most Doctors consider 35 AMA (advanced medical age). That's the magic number where your risks go up for you & the baby.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Where did the Chenbot name come from?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

She's like a robot when she talks and moves. Very un-animated. Her name is Julie Chen so Chen bot stuck.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3483673;
    She's like a robot when she talks and moves. Very un-animated. Her name is Julie Chen so Chen bot stuck.
    THanks. You've answered my question once again.
    And, yes, I can see how the robot moniker would stick.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Just read that she gave birth to a baby boy - Charlie Moonves. Congrats to Julie and Les.

Star Magazine | News | Early Show's Julie Chen Gives Birth!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3710461;
    Just read that she gave birth to a baby boy - Charlie Moonves. Congrats to Julie and Les.

Star Magazine | News | Early Show's Julie Chen Gives Birth!
    Just the one? She looked like a good three or four were ready to pop out of there.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread