+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Julie Chen, Host

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I like Julie...always have....

and I don't think there is any reason to doubt that she will continue to host BB since her hubbie is president of CBS...hell, she might even take over Jeff Probst's place on Survivor if the urge hits her....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Is it wrong to pray for a divorce?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Fluteteacher1 View Post
    Wouldn't that make her 36? (Counting on my fingers and toes) LOL
    She's 36 now. This thread (and that specific post) is not from this year, however.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    She's 36 now. This thread (and that specific post) is not from this year, however.
    Ah, Ok. That makes sense. I'm confused how this works... I will watch the dates more carefully in the future. I didn't know a post that old would be on the message board on the main page like that. Thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluteteacher1 View Post
    Ah, Ok. That makes sense. I'm confused how this works... I will watch the dates more carefully in the future. I didn't know a post that old would be on the message board on the main page like that. Thanks for letting me know.
    Sure thing - the jist of how it's been working here on the FORT, as long as I've been reading, is that these seasonal type shows get archived at some reasonable point when the show is over (maybe a week or so). They remain in the archives, and people can post legitimate news (not opinions) on the program.

Shortly before the next season roles around, appropriate threads are moved up to the active area. So, long term cast members (Julie, Jeff Probst for Survivor, Chris Harrison for The Bachelor, and so on) have threads that span several seasons.

And, as always, when a thread gets a new post, regardless of when the original thread was created, it just gets bumped to the top .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I looked up "Boring" in the dictionary. It said, "See Julie Chen"

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    Every season, I hope that they'll replace her.

Every season, I feel destined for disappointment.

C'mon. Can't we get Marcellas or Dr. Will to host next season?
    I would love it if they would replace her with co-hosts Kaysar & Janelle. Kaysar would bring an air of seriousness, and Janelle would lighten him up with her bubbliness (is that a word?).
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

I don't really understand why people don't like Julie Chen. Ok, well maybe a bit.

She was there from the start and had a previous relationship with the all-stars. It only makes sense to keep here there. And really, she's just the host; not the entertainment factor of the show.

I think the problem is that she is just waaayy too serious of a host; but then that is what they want her to be. Serious. Because it's for $500,000 and it's supposed to be about strategy and stuff.

I think having a previous player host the show wouldn't be fair. You need to have a host who is not invested in the game from any perspective. A "guest" host spot would be interesting though. Have a previous winner, guest star once in a while to comment on strategy. That might be interesting.

I don't watch because of Julie Chen. I wouldn't not watch because of Julie Chen either
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I don't really understand why people don't like Julie Chen. Ok, well maybe a bit.

She was there from the start and had a previous relationship with the all-stars. It only makes sense to keep here there. And really, she's just the host; not the entertainment factor of the show.

I think the problem is that she is just waaayy too serious of a host; but then that is what they want her to be. Serious. Because it's for $500,000 and it's supposed to be about strategy and stuff.
    I have two problems with her as a host:
    1. She makes a lot of mistakes, some of which affect the game.
    2. She is not engaged with the game. Her responses to the players, her lack of real questions, and her inability to follow the train of what HGs are saying all show that she is just filling a spot. At least on TAR, Phil is formal, but he knows what is happening and he remembers things about the participants. He's involved in the show.

I think Will would be an amazing host for BB. Having a past HG would be cool because of the inside things they could ask. And I would love to see how Will manipulates the game as host.

Quote Originally Posted by tyanne View Post
    I have two problems with her as a host:
    1. She makes a lot of mistakes, some of which affect the game.
    2. She is not engaged with the game. Her responses to the players, her lack of real questions, and her inability to follow the train of what HGs are saying all show that she is just filling a spot. At least on TAR, Phil is formal, but he knows what is happening and he remembers things about the participants. He's involved in the show.

I think Will would be an amazing host for BB. Having a past HG would be cool because of the inside things they could ask. And I would love to see how Will manipulates the game as host.
    I agree with your points about Julie, especially vis a vis Phil. But, I actually do think she's beautiful, also. (I could not care less about if she's surgically enhanced or not. If she is, she's a wonderful example of what can happen, unlike so many other current famous faces.)

However, we part ways on the subject of Will as a host. For one thing, I think Will has to be the center of attention, if he's on camera at all. A host (or hostess) should enhance the show, but not drive it. I would hate to have a host manipulating either the game or the players. In fact, that's one of the finest things about Phil - he doesn't do that.
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread