+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother 5 Live Feed Reporters WANTED!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    All I remember about him was the wifebeater he was wearing.
    This made me chuckle 'cause it's what I remember too!

Caliguy had a graveyard shift somewhere that didn't seem to mind him hanging out on FORT all night and he had tons of coverage for those hours when they were hanging out and talking and the rest of us were asleep. But he lost interest and stopped doing it when the HG he liked dropped out.

I suspect he's lurking around enjoying any comments about himself, and he'll either de-lurk when the cast is announced (and he's not in it) or he'll sign up under another screen name. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all but do you really think he would have been picked?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Hi, SLW and John and everyone! I do plan to transcribe again, as long as the computer requirements haven't changed. I still don't have high-speed Internet, but I listened to their clip of the promo and watched it and it didn't seem different from last year's feeds. I can't wait for this year to start!!! I need to take a look at the name abbreviations for this year, so that I'll remember them when the feeds start!!
    I didn't see a sign up for the feeds yet, Hep, and it's less than a week away now. Am I missing the area where we buy the feeds?

They normally don't let you buy the feeds until after the first television episode. But as soon as they start allowing signups, we'll be posting it.

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Didn't Caliguy always sign his posts with A.? Maybe he's Drew (Andrew)?

Anyways, thank you in advance to all you fantastic recappers, new and old!

FORT Fogey

I Can't Watch Feeds But I'll Go Green!!!

Hey John,

I wish like crazy that I had time to keep an eye on the live feeds and then post about them -- I type almost 90 words a minute so it would've been easy.

But the unfortunate problem is that I work too much watch the feeds for any length of time or to be of any use to you in this capacity.

I do so appreciate having all of you guys to do it for me, though, so I will do my party by doing the next best thing, though -- I'M GOING GREEN, BABY, I'M GOIN' GREEN!! TO REPAY YOU FOR ALL THE JOY YOU BRING ME, I'M GOIN' BLOODY GREEN!!! YIPEEEE!

(Don't worry, I promise that right after I go green I will go back to NORMAL!)

I just checked CBS site...looks like we can now sign up for the live feeds. Now I'm on the hunt for free demo screen cap software. Any suggestions?
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I'm sure that someone will have something that's integrated with the quad camera links shortly. As soon as someone has something, I'll post it.

Last season, SnagIt worked really well.

I'll just post a reminder here for anyone who becomes interested:

Anyone can give live feed reports - try not to report the same feed as someone else. Unless something *really* interesting is happening, just post every 15 minutes or so what's been happening to make it easier to read. Please remember we're PG-13, regardless of what the contestants are saying

If anyone would like to use our storage space for screencaps, PM me for access info.

The live feed report threads are not for discussion or comments on the feed happenings. If you'd like to discuss a particular thing seen on the feeds, start a new thread, but DO NOT put spoiler info in the thread title. Name it vaguely for those who only watch the show, remembering that the last thread will appear on the forum listing.

Thank you!

FORT Fan
    I did a little transcripting last year but kind of died off after most of the Triad got voted off. I signed up for the 14 day trial and I'll probably end up trying to milk Real for all the free time they'll give me or end up picking up the three month deal.

I won't be around as much as I was last year but I'll be happy to transcribe when I'm watching and I'm a night owl so I can usually post some late night stuff. I can screencap too but I'd rather go with sort of a "day in review" format with an occasional "close to real time" cap if something major happens if that's okay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast