+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother 5 Live Feed Reporters WANTED!

Yippee! Happy to see repeat re-cappers! Your transcriptions are what drew me to the FORT in the first place last year! Anyone seen catniptoy? She used to get a lot of the late night action that some people may not see. I myself am thinking of getting the feeds and will try to help out if I do. What's the cost for them?

I too was wondering if caliguy actually got on. As for recognizing him, didn't he have his pic up somewhere at some time?

Okay, I searched for Caliguy and you can link to his own webpage through his profile. Let's just say he likes to see pictures of himself on the web because he's got several. If he gets on the show, I'll recognize him.

Live Feeds - I hope they post info tomorrow on how to sign up. I assume they're waiting until the cast announcement, etc.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

The feeds last year were $9.95 per month, or a flat rate of like $24.95.

All I remember about him was the wifebeater he was wearing.

I will help out with recaps in the same way I did last year. If I am up late and no one with better skills than me is recapping then I will pitch in. I really do a lot of typos so I am reluctant to participate extensively.

I don't think anyone minds typos, CB. We all realize most people are typing as fast as the HG's are talking, and we appreciate the effort.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I'll try to help out some this year. I'm on eastern time, and things usually don't get hopping till after I go to bed, but if I happen to be watching and no one is posting, I'll jump in.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Although I'm currently in a study abroad program in Guadalajara, Mexico, I will definitely be getting the live feeds again this year. Last year was a blast, and I just can't turn down the opportunity to do it again!

Oh, and as far as typos go, don't worry too much about them, as long as what you are typing isn't illegible... I've more than once had to delete a paragraph or two because my hands were a key to the left or right...

Imagine: "Yjod drmyrmvr omr lru yp yjr tohjy." instead of "This sentence one key to the right." Other than really bad cases, typing in real time or trying to dictate makes mistakes accceptable.

Viva la BB5!

Is there usually a set schedule of who transcribes when?
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Nah, just if you happen to be watching, and want to post what's happening, go for it. Generally, if someone's on the same feed as you already transcribing, you should do the polite thing and switch to another feed.

I posted some screen shots and feed dialogue last year and I can probably do the same this year. I'll try to stick to screen caps though, since my typing sucks and I usually ended up repeating what others had said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast