+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Booze & Legal Drinking Age

Ph.D. Pending

Big Brother Booze & Legal Drinking Age

Isn't the legal drinking age in the U.S. 21? (I'm from Canada so am not sure if it varies by state). I was just wondering if and how they would regulate alcohol to their underage guest, Michelle, or what could happen to Big Brother if they are providing and encouraging alcohol use for someone not of legal drinking age.

21 all over the states

Interesting question too.

I'll tell you I feel bad for Michelle if everyone is going to be drinking all the time. Being around a bunch of drunks (who all think they look great and are the funniest, most intelligent people in the world) is fun and/or funny for a while, but to not be able to escape them? Uhg. Poor girl.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Hey I never thought of that....I wonder if she is going to be drinking...BB can get in trouble for that....Not good

I've been trying to decide if she would be allowed to drink or not, since she's technically in a private dwelling.

but private or not you can't drink... can you?

Wouldn't they be contributing to the deliquency of a minor or something?

I have no idea...Maybe someone should do some checking on the drinking laws. All I know is I'm safe

I wonder if BB is TRULY watching, they would yell at her over the PA or something if she was drinking???
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

As far as I know, it doesn't matter if you are in a private dwelling or not if you aren't 21, you aren't legally allowed to drink alcohol. Usually kids don't get caught if they are home because there isn't a cop right there. The campus police used to break up parties all the time at the college I went to, and not only the underage folks got in trouble, but the people who supplied the alcohol did too. It will be interesting to see what will happen. I had a friend who got arrested because she was underage and at a party with alcohol even though she wasn't drinking. Guilt by association...I guess?

that's kind of what I thought Harmoj.

except for the bit about your friend ... that wasn't cool

I attended many, many parties when I was underage, and the cops showed up to a few of them. All they ever asked was if anyone at the party was over 21. If you were under 21, they left you alone (I mean, they shut the party down, but they let you go without a problem). How odd, huh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast