+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems connecting?

Problems connecting?

All this morning, I've had problems connecting to the feeds. Anyone else?

It's beginning to bother me.

Nope, I'm on.

Hmmm, I was able to get it last night on my laptop, but I've been unable to connect from my work computer. Time to check the second computer, see if it works from there. I really don't want to bring my laptop in here every time just to watch feeds

I'm uninstalling Realplayer on this computer, and re-installing it. This is one that came with it, and I think it might be buggy. Thanks, Karna, for the help.

FORT Fanatic
    I've had NO problems at all. In fact, I'm pleased that they added 25+Kbps this year. They are much clearer. And have had no problems.

FYI John, I would recommend NOT using RealPlayer. You need to have it installed, but I recommend you use BBLive from http://www.bigbrolive.com .

Let me know if you need help with that.
    ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

Yeah, I'm still having problems. It just takes forever to load, or never connects. I'll try it on the laptop again, where I was connected last night. Neither of my other computers will connect right.

I tried the bigbrolive.com software, and it doesn't help, but it does look pretty cool.

FORT Fanatic
    Hmmm. Guess I can't help. Looks like you might be stuck with Real Tech Help...good luck getting an answer from them lol.
    ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

I've got the quad feed up. I think as long as I don't touch anything, it's working I can't change cameras without a 15 minute delay.

I'm not having problems connecting but I've been running into a problem changing cameras. Sometimes it just hangs when I choose a different camera and I have to force Real Player to shut down and start it again.

I'm using lousy speakers from my laptop but I swear the sound is much better than last year. I usually just listen to the feeds in the morning and when Jun turned on the sink a few minutes ago, I thought I sprung a leak in the kitchen. Took me a good minute to figure out what the hell that noise was.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian S.
    I've had NO problems at all. In fact, I'm pleased that they added 25+Kbps this year. They are much clearer. And have had no problems.

FYI John, I would recommend NOT using RealPlayer. You need to have it installed, but I recommend you use BBLive from http://www.bigbrolive.com .

Let me know if you need help with that.
    Brian--what IS the deal with RealPlayer anyway? It seems like it mucks up my system(s) when I install it?

I was trying to watch some files that I downloaded to my cpu, and Realplayer pops up, and then a gui pops up saying "Realplayer needs to download more crap in order to play this file-Do you want to do that now" Of course I say yes, it does its thing, and then tells me it still cant play the file. So I just convert the files to Quicktime, and they play fine.

For a supposedly advanced media player, RealPlayer SUCKS! And it just mucks up any system it is on.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast