+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Recap 07/08 - Welcome To Hell!

Big Brother Recap 07/08 - Welcome To Hell!

Big Brother Recap 07/08 - Welcome To Hell

Lame Dramatic Voiceover Man opens the 4th instalment of Big Brother 4. This is a house unlike any other. 13 people will spend the summer here in a house filled with cameras and only each other. They will compete against each other for food, luxuries and {thunderclap} power.

They cue the intro and I’m thrilled to note that the theme music from hell is back, (just ask anyone who’s ever had live feeds) and we get a nifty subtitle. Big Brother 4:The X Factor. I make a mental note to not use any lame X puns in any of my recaps, like X-Citement, X-Cruciating, X-anax or X-Crement. Okay, I might use X-Crement.

Host Julie Chen is back this year and perkier than ever. This year, there will be a twist so shocking! So scandalous that it could possibly turn some of the houseguests lives upside down! Some of them will have their ex-boyfriends or ex-girlfriends joining them. However, they are not yet aware of this X-Factor.

And Now, The People You Will Learn To Hate

We are briefly introduced to the 13 houseguests as they are given their keys.

Dave, Deerfield, FL
    Alison, Pittsburgh, PA
    Nathan, Edmond, OK
    Michelle, Boca Raton, FL
    Scott, Chicago, IL
    Jun, New York, NY
    Erika, Los Angeles, CA
    Justin, Pittsburgh, PA
    Amanda, Chicago, IL
    Robert, Los Angeles, CA
    Jack, Birmingham, AL
    Jee, Elmhurst, NY
    Dana, Queens, NY

First of all, if you are any good at geography, you can already figure out the former couples. As expected, all the contestants believe they will be able to handle the house and walk away with the $500,000.00 prize. Jun even goes so far as to say that she knows everyone will love her as much as she does. I seek comfort knowing one of these egomaniacs will be the first kicked out.

And They’re Off!

We join Julie who is poised and has assumed her usual ballet style pose. Not all 13 houseguests will enter the house at once. We start with 8 houseguests, Scott, Nathan, David, Jun, Erika, Alison, Dana and Jack. At this point, all 8 are strangers and no exes walk amongst each other. In fact, at this stage, the houseguests are not aware of the X factor. Julie addresses the 8 and informs them that over the next few weeks the assembled people may include their new best friends and their worst enemies. They will not leave the house until they are evicted or win the competition.

The houseguests will enter the house in groups of 3 and each HG (houseguest) must select a different room. Scott, David and Nathan are first in. Scott and Nathan find a room immediately and David finally finds the third bedroom, a conveniently themed desert room for army ranger, Dave. Jun, Erika and Alison are next in. Alison ends up in Scott’s room, Erika in David’s and Jun rooms with Nathan. Nathan and Jun have rooms with double beds and Jun, attracted to Nathan, offers to share a bed. Nathan politely turns her down, suggesting they wait to see how their other roommates turn out. Despite the fact that cameras have captured this all, Jun downplays the exchange and makes it seem that it was her idea to not share the bed. Jun’s gonna have a difficult time with this ‘camera catches everything’ concept, I can see it now. Bringing up the rear, the two oldest houseguests, Jack and Dana enter the house. Jack joins David and Erika and Dana ends up rooming with Alison and Scott.

Something’s Not Right Here…

Once all 8 are inside, they begin to investigate the house. Scott is the first to notice there are at least 12 glasses on the table and only 8 of them. He deduces that there will be more houseguests and no one seems to think it’s odd that they have not arrived. Maybe they think the plane was delayed. The HG’s start to go through their introductions and many retreat to the diary room where they begin indulging in their soon-to-be favorite pastime – ragging on the other houseguests. While many of the comments are favorable, many are catty. Dana comments that she thought Alison’s skirt was a little short while Jun notices that Erika is surgically enhanced and at 33, she is on her way down in life. Hey Jun, do you happen to have roommates named Heidi and Jenna?

Julie greets the houseguests a bit later and tells them that they should expect the unexpected… but first, look at the kitchen cupboards! I immediately wonder if clues to the identities of the other 5 HG’s are there. No, it’s just peanut butter and jam. Wow Julie, that IS unexpected. She explains that this season, like every other season, the houseguests will compete for food which will begin immediately.

First Lesson, Dress Appropriately When You Mount A Balance Beam

The HG’s assemble outside for their first food challenge. There is a huge X in the backyard consisting of balance beams. The houseguests will stand on the balance beams and answer a series of true or false questions about each other. With each incorrect answer, the balance beam will raise on an incline. If 3 HG’s fall off the beam, they are forced to eat PB & J for an entire week. If they manage to stay on the beam, they will be awarded regular groceries. The houseguests get off to a shaky start and are 0 for 4. Jun is suddenly rethinking her short skirt strategy as she is at the high end of the beam and has now given everyone a free show. Jack, the retired FBI agent, vows that as the old guy, he will NOT be the first to fall off the beam. He is successful in his quest and manages to be the first HG to answer the question correctly. By the end, no one falls, they win the food challenge and we discover that there are no virgins, openly gay contestants or vegetarians in the house. You know what that means, no more speculating about who eats meat and who doesn’t! Slap yourself for me if you read that last sentence as dirty.

The X-Crement Factor

The houseguests are once again assembled in the living room and told about the X factor. 5 of their former ex-boyfriends or ex-girlfriends will be joining them in the house. The houseguests are shocked, panicked but mostly pissed right off. Alison runs to the diary room and expresses her concern that her boyfriend will not be happy with this twist. I check my notes – Alison, Pittsburgh… Justin, Pittsburgh. Yes Alison, it would appear that your boyfriend will be none too happy. The HG’s all agree that no one wants the exes in the house and they will all be voted out first and a pact is made. Everyone agrees that no one will hook up with any of their exes. Well, almost everyone. Jun explains that they can hook up, but then vote them right off. Dave later says that it’s okay to ‘suck face’. Alrighty, then. What about the concept that ‘they are exes for a reason?’

Before the group of 5 enters the house, we learn a bit more about the relationships they had.

Scott/Amanda - Engaged for a year, lived together. Details are sketchy, but it seems like he found her too messy and she got cabin fever. And you’re coming on Big Brother where you will have 12 people you can’t get rid of? Great idea.

Alison/Justin – Dated for 7 months. She says he changed, he says she went psycho. Perhaps he changed when she became psycho. Just a theory.

Jun/Jee – Jun doesn’t date Asian men, only Caucasion. We then discover Jun and Jee dated for 5 and a half years. Jee is Korean, by the way. Jun found him too old world, Jee found her too Americanized.

David/Michelle – High school sweethearts. They dated when she was 15. He wanted to have sex, she did not.

Erika/Robert – Dated for 2 years. He cheated on her with a woman they both worked with. Robert adds that he cheats on every girl he’s been with. Ladies, let’s hope he’s single! What a dream.

Don’t I Know You?

The 5 are then gathered in front of the Big Brother house where Julie gives the 5 of them the exact same speech she gave the other 8, and in fact, the same speech she gave the other 3 sets of houseguests. Who is her writer, Jeff Probst? The 5 are completely unaware that they each are about to face someone from their past. All are released into the house where they each realize what the X factor is.

Chaos ensues. Most of the former couples give each other tentative hugs. David and Michelle seem cordial while Erika flips Robert the finger. Atta girl. Alison, who Justin pegged as a psycho starts to live up to the accusation while she flees from the room the minute he sits beside her. Jun says she feels sick. Jee makes the understatement of the evening when he comments that Jun can be a bit of a bitch Dana, Nathan and Jack look anxiously towards the door before realizing that they are the 3 without exes involved. Despite my disappointment with the prospect of the X factor, I admit I do find a sick pleasure from watching all these miserable people.

Tomorrow: The first Head of Household Competition! Jun gets something slimy dumped on her!

To contact the author of this article, you may email missfilangi@fansofrealitytv.co m

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Despite my disappointment with the prospect of the X factor, I admit I do find a sick pleasure from watching all these miserable people.
    You're not the only one, Miss F! Great recap! How did you manage to get this out so fast??

FORT Fanatic
    OMG, that was fast! How did you do that? lol
    ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

LG.
    super recap, Miss F, and in record speed too

Woo hoo, sign me up for the next group to go into the house in a new viewer participation twist. What, this isn't Paradise Hotel?!?!?! Oh, guess I'll have to wait until the inevitable eviction to hook up with Robert, as you make him out to be quite a prize
    He cheated on her with a woman they both worked with. Robert adds that he cheats on every girl he’s been with. Ladies, let’s hope he’s single! What a dream.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

fastest recap ever

Thanks for the recap and in recordspeed,. BB4 is back and already I am addicted ...again. Not enough I watch it but then I have to read everything about it.

I just found this board yesterday, thanks it looks like a great place to hang out for the summer.

A note on Robert, Erika's ex. No matter what you think of Erika, she is a good looking woman, wish I was in that great a shape. Now Robert looks like a dweep and he says he cannot be faithful to any woman, wow!! He cheated on her he will cheat on anything, I guess it would be safe to assume that his Romeo days are over(hopefully) after all the women who know him watch this show.

Ahhhh the pleasure of ripping the BB guests to shreds is back.....long live BB

bb4, what more could a tv addict want?

thanks for the recap Miss Filangi

Great job, Miss F!

Oh, and I *did* have to slap myself for you. Such innuendo at 5 a.m. I'm a bad person.

Allison is bugging me already. Ugh. Grow up. I know she's young and all, but I don't think this is a game that can be won if you don't have the ability to keep your emotions in check.

Quote Originally Posted by GinaBB4
    A note on Robert, Erika's ex. No matter what you think of Erika, she is a good looking woman, wish I was in that great a shape. Now Robert looks like a dweep and he says he cannot be faithful to any woman, wow!! He cheated on her he will cheat on anything, I guess it would be safe to assume that his Romeo days are over(hopefully) after all the women who know him watch this show.
    Gina!

My boyfriend said the same thing about Robert. What a tool.

And thanks everyone for the kind words.. what can I say, I'm speedy!

Bee
    Hi.. Newbie here!!

This board is awesome. I love the recaps and the information.. They are very helpful. Great Job!!!

I'm looking forward to hanging out here.

Bee

Welcome to the site, Bee! Glad you're enjoying yourself.

Yes, Robert's playah days are OVER. What a great recap, Miss F. You're a machine!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast