+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apply to be on BB4!

Apply to be on BB4!

Are you an outgoing, intriguing, competitive person who would make the perfect BIG BROTHER HouseGuest? Are you up for anything and everything? Are you ready to live inside the BIG BROTHER House with 11 other strangers while multiple cameras record your every move and sound 24 hours a day, seven days a week? Are you willing to compete for half a million dollars against 11 other people as aggressive and ambitious as you are? If you can answer yes to these questions, you just might qualify as a contestant on BIG BROTHER 4.

Official rules and application can be found here.

BIG BROTHER is the summer series that follows a group of strangers sharing a house--a house equipped with cameras and microphones to record their every move, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. BIG BROTHER is an exciting, fierce, dramatic COMPETITION that will require players to use brain, brawn and charm to win. In the end, one houseguest will walk away with the cash grand prize.
    Don't miss the drama, the emotion, and the fun as BIG BROTHER returns to CBS.

Eligibility Rules

Please note: The following eligibility requirements must be met in order to proceed with the application process.
    If you are selected by the Producers for an interview in the Semi-Finals, you must be willing to travel at your own expense to be interviewed in May or June 2003 (as scheduled by the Producers) at one of the following locations nearest you: New York, Atlanta, Boston, Memphis, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, Dallas, Denver or Seattle. The Producers reserve the right to add, cancel and/or substitute other cities as interview locations.
    If you are selected by the Producers for an interview in the Finals, you must be willing to travel to Los Angeles for approximately one week in May or June 2003 (as scheduled by the Producers) for the final selection process. Economy travel (roundtrip to and from Los Angeles and airport nearest your home in the United States), hotel accommodations and per diem will be arranged and paid for by the Producers. If selected as a contestant, economy travel to and from Los Angeles and airport nearest your home in the United States will be arranged and paid for by the Producers.
    You must be willing to live in the Big Brother house located in Los Angeles for approximately 100 days between June and October 2003 with 11 strangers where you will have little or no privacy. If you are chosen to live in the house, it is your responsibility to make any necessary arrangements with your employer and family in anticipation of your extended absence from home.
    The house is extensively outfitted with video and audio recording devices which will record, broadcast and exhibit your actions and voice at all times, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week in every room of the house for the duration of your participation in the contest. You will be observed at all times by the Producers as well as the general public watching on television and the Internet.
    One contestant will receive the grand-prize of $500,000. (A weekly stipend will be provided for each contestant for each week that he or she remains in the Big Brother House.)
    You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application.
    You must be a United States citizen and live in the United States.
    You must not now be a candidate for public office and if selected as a contestant, you must agree not to become such a candidate until after the initial broadcast of all programs in which you appear.
    You must be in excellent physical and mental health.
    If you are selected to be interviewed, you will be given, and must complete and return (prior to the date of your personal interview in Los Angeles) a Medical History Form.
    If selected as a finalist you must complete the Contestant Form Package, which will be furnished to you by the Producers and will include among other things, affidavits, release forms and waivers for you and your immediate family. You must also submit to physical and mental examinations by Producer-selected medical professional(s) in Los Angeles selected by the Producer and meet all physical and psychological requirements.
    By applying for participation in Big Brother, you authorize the Producers to conduct civil, criminal, financial, driver-history and any other type of background checks deemed necessary by the Producers.
    Employees, officers, directors and agents of CBS Broadcasting Inc., Our House Productions, INC., Endemol Entertainment USA, Inc., and/or of any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be contestants on Big Brother or participate in the application process.
    Applicants will be chosen from the twelve (12) cities in Paragraph 1 for an approximate total of forty (40) finalists. The Producers reserve the right to change any of the application terms at anytime.

The Producers are looking for a dynamic group of individuals who are articulate, interesting and exhibit enthusiasm for the project as well as a willingness to share their most private thoughts in an open forum of strangers. This group of individuals, while meeting the technical requirements of the contest, must also have sufficient physical, psychological, and mental capacity to endure 100 days in a monitored house under extraordinary conditions.

Applications MUST be written clearly or typed and MUST be accompanied by a videotape. The videotape must meet the following restrictions:

1) Length: Maximum length is two (2) minutes. Anything over two minutes will not be considered.

2) Format: VHS only (no mini-DV, Hi-8, 8mm or VHS-C).
    To transfer the other formats to VHS, simply connect your camera to your VCR and record.

3) Content: Tell us who you are and why you would make the ultimate housemate on Big Brother. Be creative!

4) Deadline: This is a rolling application process. We will post the deadline on this web site 10 days before we stop accepting applications.

All materials you send us (including videotape and photos) will be retained by Producers and become the property of the Producers and will not be returned to you whether or not you are selected as a contestant. Any expenses you incur during the application process including postage, shipping and materials preparation (videotape, photos, etc.) are your sole responsibility. Producers will not reimburse you for these expenses. Only one entry per person is allowed. All decisions of the Producers are final and absolute and not subject to inquiry.

Applications will only be considered if they are complete. Complete applications consist of the following:

1) Completed Application Form (The application is X pages long including the Name and Likeness release signature page but not including the instructions.)

2) Two-minute videotape labeled clearly with your name and city/region number.

3) Two color photographs of yourself, each clearly labeled on the back with your name and city/region number. One must be a close-up of your face, the other must be a full-length photo of your entire (clothed) body. Polaroids are acceptable as long as we can clearly see you.

4) Identification - Attach a copy of your driver's license, in addition to a social security card, passport or birth certificate.

Send your application and videotape submission to the following address:

Big Brother (Region # )
    Box 508
    11271 Ventura Blvd
    Studio City, CA 91604

In parenthesis after "Big Brother" on the mailing label, print the region number of the city located closest to your home:

01 - New York City, NY
    02 - Pittsburgh, PA
    03 - Boston, MA
    04 - Atlanta, GA
    05 - Los Angeles, CA
    06 - Denver, CO
    07 - Chicago, IL
    08 - Memphis, TN
    09 - Minneapolis, MN
    10 - Dallas, TX
    11 - Miami, FL
    12 - Seattle, WA

Unfortunately, we will not be able verify that we have received your application. If you like, you may wish to send your application package via an expedited courier (such as Fed Ex or UPS). They will provide a tracking number that you can use to verify the receipt of your package. Producers are not responsible for lost applications.

If you are selected for an interview, you will be advised so by the Producers shortly before the interview is scheduled. If you are selected to participate in the final selection process, you will be so advised by the Producers shortly before the final selection process is scheduled.

We reserve the right to make changes to the production schedule. If you are selected to live in the Big Brother house, we will endeavor to give you at least one week's notice prior to your move-in day.

Producers reserve the right to change the terms of the application at any time. Producers also reserve the right to not hold any contestant applicant interviews, or to modify the manner in which it conducts contestant applicant interviews, or to not produce the program Big Brother at all.

Good luck!

Frequently Asked Questions

The following is a list of Frequently Asked Questions that should help guide you through the casting process:

If I have previously applied to be a contestant on BIG BROTHER and I was not selected to be a contestant, may I submit a new application and videotape submission?
    Yes.

What are the guidelines for my videotape?
    The videotape must be VHS (No mini-DVs, 8mm or VHS C). To transfer the other formats to VHS, simply connect your camera to your VCR and record. All videotapes must be a MAXIMUM of TWO MINUTES long. Talk about yourself, talk about your family, talk about your job, talk about why you would be a great Big Brother contestant. Use this video to show us what's special about you. Make sure you label your tape with your name and city number (as set forth in the Contestant Application).

What if I don't have a camera?
    Borrow a friend's or relative's camera. Beg and plead if you have to, because all applications must be submitted with a videotape.

How will I know if I have made it to the next round?
    We will notify all contestants who will be invited to the semi-finalist interviews in May or June 2002. These interviews will be conducted in approximately twelve locations nationwide and you will be responsible for any travel expenses that you incur.

How do I know if you received my application and tape?
    Unfortunately, due to the high volume of mail we anticipate receiving from applicants, we will not be able to answer any questions about the receipt of your application and tape. All the major courier services can track packages, so we suggest that you send it via one of them.

What type of contestant are you looking for?
    There is no one type of contestant who will be chosen. We are looking for a wide variety of people, from diverse backgrounds, who will bring energy and excitement to the program. All contestants must meet the guidelines and have the traits specified in the Contestant Application and the Eligibility Rules sections of this website.

I can't afford to take up to 100 days off work. If I am chosen to be a contestant, will I be compensated for my time?
    The winner will be awarded $500,000 US dollars, and will be responsible for payment of all applicable taxes. Each contestant will receive a small weekly stipend for each week that he or she spends in the house.

Will I be able to contact my family while I am participating in the show?
    While the contestants are in the Big Brother house, there will be no contact with the outside world, at the Producers' discretion.

Can I get my application videotape returned to me?
    No, all videotapes will become the sole property of Producers once submitted, and will not be returned to you, whether or not you are selected as a contestant.

+ Reply to Thread