+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: No Vegas Bash - Anything, Anywhere ?

No Vegas Bash - Anything, Anywhere ?

This year's Vegas Bash is a no go due to finances, sensitivities(?), etc. Does that mean we only have the backyard interviews with Jeff Schroeder? Is that it? We have no other access to post-season (real) reactions? Like the ones after each houseguest gets together with family/friends/critics.

Is there a way to know which sites are allowed more access to the HGs than others? Can we even list those here, without actual URL adresses?

I know nothing of post-season and can't find anything, with only 4 days to go. Anybody else know something? Did the HGs stop talking about Vegas, or mention no-Vegas? I haven't heard the finalists talking anything so I assume they know Vegas is out.

Re: No Vegas Bash - Anything, Anywhere ?

Yeah, the DR told one of them, I think it was Andy, that Vegas was out, and he told the other two.

I haven't read about any other "official" gatherings other than whatever they do in the backyard after the finale.

When CBS took over the feeds from Superpass, they really cut down on side content. No chat shows other than Jeff, no surprise live interviews in Cam 4, no call-in show. Cheap, cheap, cheap.
    Sticker likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Liability issues may be, in part, responsible for no Vegas. Fans attend and there is so much hate among them that there is no way to isure their safety. CBS would be financing it and they could be sued if an HG was injured by a rabid fan. They had been planning on it up until a week ago so it isn't about money. Their lawyers nixed it. My guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    This year's Vegas Bash is a no go due to finances, sensitivities(?), etc. Does that mean we only have the backyard interviews with Jeff Schroeder? Is that it? We have no other access to post-season (real) reactions? Like the ones after each houseguest gets together with family/friends/critics.

Is there a way to know which sites are allowed more access to the HGs than others? Can we even list those here, without actual URL adresses?

I know nothing of post-season and can't find anything, with only 4 days to go. Anybody else know something? Did the HGs stop talking about Vegas, or mention no-Vegas? I haven't heard the finalists talking anything so I assume they know Vegas is out.
    I believe Ian let it slip when he hosted the super pov comp ... because they knew when Judd was still there and DR confirmed it later.
    They were all saying how they would just as soon go home. Someone (?) said something about "2 days". Maybe they are contractually obligated to appear on a show, or something?

Someone must have said they would see Ian later in Vegas and, as I said ... he let the news of cancellation slip.
    Sticker likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Well then, we've done it. We've put the kie-bosh on everything.
    Because TPTB fear we will all throw stones.
    That saddens me.

ETA: Just what is reality? What we saw in there or what we are out here?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    Well then, we've done it. We've put the kie-bosh on everything.
    Because TPTB fear we will all throw stones.
    That saddens me.

ETA: Just what is reality? What we saw in there or what we are out here?
    We did nothing. They did it to themselves, if this is the reason. Friction caused by racists remarks can be serious and escalate into violence. They would probably be fine but better to err on the side of caution. Alcohol complicates this situation, as well. And this is only my guess as to why it was cancelled; I could be way off the mark.

We all want to belong and not feel left out; it is human nature. These insecurities are magnified in this game and the strong set the tone. I wonder what the dynamic would have been without Jeremy. He was the first to "take charge."
    tapper01 likes this.

I do remember, a week or so ago, one of the house guests saying that Vegas was off.

However, I've since read a couple of tweets from Kaitlin Barnaby saying it was still on. So, who knows. Maybe she is referring to a gathering of the cast NOT sponsored by the network. If that's true, I'm not sure how many of them would pay up to go.

I'm too lazy to search, but farther up in the thread it is stated that the woman who puts on the bash has found it to be too overwhelming, so is not doing so this year. It has nothing to do with the hamsters or the viewers.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm too lazy to search, but farther up in the thread it is stated that the woman who puts on the bash has found it to be too overwhelming, so is not doing so this year. It has nothing to do with the hamsters or the viewers.
    If that is true. Hard to know and it doesn't matter anyway.
    holly71 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast