+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Is Amanda a bully? What actions cross a line on BB?

To the Point

Is Amanda a bully? What actions cross a line on BB?

(EDIT: This was a side-discussion split from a live feed thread)

Really, she could so easily cross that line and push, shove, etc. Elissa while up in her face and then TPTB would have no choice but show her the door. I know, wishful thinking, but it would be nice to see her gone and, at this point, I'm not real picky about how that transpires.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 08-26-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Re: 8/26 - BB15 Live Feed Discussion

awww

Judd & company has the same take on "bullying" that i have...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    awww

Judd & company has the same take on "bullying" that i have...
    I have the same take. Overly used, used incorrectly and, I will add, has been reduced to a verbal tick.
    Candybar and smartguy24 like this.

So I've read through the thread - not sure if I'm glad to missing all the action or not I am curious though as to what Judd and the others "take" on bullying is? Are they actually trying to say that Amanda's continued, in your face,verbal abuse is not bullying? I couldn't tell from some of the comments here...I know I'm not watching for myself now, but I sure saw the ugliness yesterday.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Count me as also interested in Judd and Co's viewpoint on bullying. Inquiring minds want to know. I'm at work so I don't have access to my feeds.

FORT Fogey

Judd, Andy and Spencer agreed that the word bully and bullying is overlly used and used inappropriately often. That is all. I agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Judd, Andy and Spencer agreed that the word bully and bullying is overlly used and used inappropriately often. That is all. I agree with them.
    I agree to an extent. It is overused...but, IMNSHO, what Amanda is doing is bullying. She just isn't getting the results she hopes for. I find that hilarious.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I don't think it is anyone's place to say if someone isn't being bullied. It is how the person feels that determines it or not. It is like sexual harassment in that it is how the "victim" feels. I am a teacher and I hate when the Kids get bullied and then their parent say that their kid is not a bully.
    Candybar, Cootie and mesachick like this.

From dictionary.com: Bully -(noun) 1. A blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people. (verb) to act the bully toward; intimidate; domineer. 2. Amanda ()

If those guys were trying to say that what Amanda has been doing is not bullying, I just lost a lot of respect for Judd I didn't have much to begin with for the others, so... I didn't see the context in which they said it, so I don't know if that's what they meant, or if they were just talking in general. But if they can watch Amanda's behavior and feel like it isn't really bullying...well then that's exactly why bullying these days is such a real problem and kids commit suicide every day. Bullying does not have to be physical. More often the wounds from the constant verbal abuse and feelings of isolation cut the deepest.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Let me add to that a tad:
    Their main point was that it is not right to bully, but it's not good to be a pussy either. That some people/kids take it to extremes and think that disagreeing can be bullying.
    note: Amanda agreed that she was indeed bullying Amanda, "but she deserves it."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast