+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Is Amanda a bully? What actions cross a line on BB?

Re: Is Amanda a bully? What actions cross a line on BB?

I hope the others close ranks around GM against Amanda, because I don't think GM will stand up to the bullying like Elissa did.
    petertracy and Coco46 like this.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I hope the others close ranks around GM against Amanda, because I don't think GM will stand up to the bullying like Elissa did.
    I have a feeling Amanda won't go to the same extreme with GM as she did with Elissa. When GM and Amanda had their confrontation, Amanda may have been running her mouth, but she was walking away. And several weeks ago she said when she first came in the house, she was afraid of GM. I don't think Amanda saw Elissa as standing up to her, she saw her as an easy target who didn't fight back (typical bully). I think GM will be just fine.
    Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar

I appreciate Ragan's comments. I'm sure they are true and give me a little more insight into the legal aspects of being on the show, HOWEVER: I needed to put my frustration into action so I signed the petition. I needed to do something else to stand up against racism and bullying. I doubt there is anything we can do to challenge CBS to paint a fuller picture of anything they decide not to do, but at least I did something. I spoke about bullying and racism at our Open House at school last night and let them all know it will not be tolerated at my school.

As for Amanda, I know there is a God and she will get what's coming to her. Aaryn, Ginnamarie, and Spencer too! McCrae also for his association with Amanda. Seriously, I hope they cancel this show. Everyone who has been offended by the comments of these "game players" should be upset enough to affect some change in this world for better. No one should be discriminated against for something they have no control over. I hope all of these houseguests, especially Amanda learn something from the results of their actions and words. And if it takes serious consequences to affect that change, I'm all for it!

If she does win $500,000 for her actions, I hope it turns out to make her miserable until she changes her thought process about Gays, Asians, Blacks, or any other group of people who are different from her! It's incredible to me that she is so comfortable saying the things she does, it proves, this is who she is. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishEyes View Post
    from Ragan:

I was just contacted by a person who created a petition to have Amanda and Aaryn removed from the house. My response is worth posting here: I appreciate the symbolic gesture of petitions but CBS won't remove either contestant based on a hodgepodge of digital signature. The only way a HG can be removed from the game is if he or she breaks one of the contractually agreed upon rules. As repugnant as bullying, racism, and homophobia may be, they don't fall outside the parameters of the game. Contestants are even allowed to get in one another's face and scream. The only sort of violence that breaks the rules is physical violence, and, even then, it has to be physical violence that poses a real threat. Remember when Jordan chest bumped Russell in S10. That didn't qualify as a mode of violence that would disqualify her from the game. In other words, Aaryn (who will be voted out tonight) and Amanda may be icky, unlikable people who say horrible things, but that's not enough cause for them to be kicked out of the game. Big Brother is governed by Standards and Practices, which determines the legal implications of TV programs. If Big Brother removed a contestant when he or she did not violate any of the contractually agreed upon rules, the show's producers and the network could be sued for breach of contract. The most CBS can do is tell a story about racism and bullying in the house, which they are doing. Could the narrative be more complete? Yes. Asking CBS to remove the houseguest is a futile cause. Challenging the network to paint a fuller picture of hate in the house is a more worthy endeavor.

I do not want BB to be canceled because of the idiots from this season. We shouldn't let the likes of Amanda, et al, to deprive us of the game we love so much. Are we going to let Amanda "bully" us into not enjoying our game? We will then give her as much power as the rest of the cast did. She and the other vile HGs will get their just dues in some way or another when they get out. Maybe, they will learn something from this (probably not).
    ilja likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

I think that Ragan's comments are great for several reasons. Most importnatly, they give a reality check to the fact that CBS is making decisions about Big Brother from a business perspective. Their job is to deliver viewers to advertisers, not to make people feel good. And they've been doing it well this Summer. Big Brother ratings are up, and there's been more buzz and awareness of the show this Summer than for as long as I can remember. I've watched the show since the first season. In the past, I've mentioned it to people who don't watch, and had to explain what the show was. This Summer, I haven't had that experience. People know, because it's been talked about in so many places. Why would CBS cancel or change something that is clearly working?
    Coco46 and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    It will be awesome. GM has never seen a confrontation that she didn't want to jump into feet first.
    holly71 and GabbyG like this.

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar

I think time will tell if it's clearly working. I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes in Big Brother if it returns next season. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think that Ragan's comments are great for several reasons. Most importnatly, they give a reality check to the fact that CBS is making decisions about Big Brother from a business perspective. Their job is to deliver viewers to advertisers, not to make people feel good. And they've been doing it well this Summer. Big Brother ratings are up, and there's been more buzz and awareness of the show this Summer than for as long as I can remember. I've watched the show since the first season. In the past, I've mentioned it to people who don't watch, and had to explain what the show was. This Summer, I haven't had that experience. People know, because it's been talked about in so many places. Why would CBS cancel or change something that is clearly working?

FORT Newbie

It is funny how perspective can change. I remember when she was arguing with Jeremy (the original bully) and I liked her for standing up to him and she stood up for the girls when the mean girls turned their bed over and when she went (in a seemingly nice way) to talk to Aaryn about her comments. I thought it was cool how she was one of the only ones to stand up to the bullies - turns out she was just trying to take out the competition! Only room enough in this house for one bully!!
    holly71, bearwme1, GabbyG and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    C'mon, gang, giver her a break.

Yes, Amanda has been a bully. Did she start that way?
    Anybody remember? Maybe she did.
    As I recall, she grew/adapted into the role in order to secure her place.
    Unfortunately for her BB karma, she took it to extremes.

She did it the hard way. The alpha male way.
    I hope she has/finds a softer side, a pastel side (not a baby-talk side) that can balance out her old soul.

ETA: After she's outta there.
    If she had really done it the alpha male way, I would still dislike her but I would understand it more. But alpha males don't whine and cry whenever something doesn't go their way. They suck it up and get back in the game. And they take ownership of the fact that thier game isn't respected or liked much.

Amanda always wants her cake and eat it too. She is always ready with rationalizations for anything that people confront her with, most of which don't even make sense. She always paints any rival as the villain and herself as the good person, as if she's being attacked. She's been the attacker all summer. If you're going to play a nasty game, own up to it. She's delusional.
    holly71, bearwme1, Coco46 and 1 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I agree. Helen was more of an alpha male. She wanted to control the game, their activities and the food they ate. Amanda in the other hand is self absorbed and has unrealistic expectations that everyone else is as focused on making her happy as she is.

+ Reply to Thread